Can core values of attributes be modified?

I play with a mod that makes most blocks much tougher than default value therefore I would like to change the default "The Penetrator" value from ~1000 hit points on a block to a higher block value. There are some things that can be changed yet I don't see this as being one of the things that can be modified.

attrib.jpg

50 minutes ago, convergent said:

That should be in the perk code in progression.xml. there is certainly a blockdamage modifier that can be modded.

I thought as much yet I don't know how this:

<!-- Note: the 1 penetration effect is on <item name="ammo762mmBulletAP"> and other AP bullets -->
<passive_effect name="EntityPenetrationCount" operation="perc_add" level="2,4" value="1,3" tags="perkDeadEye"/>
<!--	All AP ammo has 1 penetration -->

Translates to 1000 hit points, better yet - how am I to change it so that it translates to say 10000 hit points?

3 hours ago, Noisy Pants said:

<!-- Note: the 1 penetration effect is on <item name="ammo762mmBulletAP"> and other AP bullets -->
<passive_effect name="EntityPenetrationCount" operation="perc_add" level="2,4" value="1,3" tags="perkDeadEye"/>

Translates to 1000 hit points, better yet - how am I to change it so that it translates to say 10000 hit points?

If you want to change the hitpoints of a block, you should check the mod's blocks.xml file, if it has one.
The block you want to change should have a line like this.

Example:
<property name = "MaxDamage" value = "2000" />

Regards

3 hours ago, Noisy Pants said:

I'm pretty sure that's the increase in enemy penetration, not blocks.

One would think you need to modify the "BlockDamage" property. The catch is that "perkPenetrator" doesn't have this property, so in theory it shouldn't increase block damage at all. (Other perks do, though.)

So, I think what you want is "BlockPenetrationFactor". From the comments in buffs.xml: "This many block hit points reduce EntityPenetrationCount by 1.  251 is just enough to penetrate 1 wood block or door." This property is set on the ammo itself, and I don't see any buff that affects it. 

From the numbers, I'm guessing that's where TFP get the "1000" value? It's close to (3 + 1) x 251, meaning: AP ammo penetrates 1 enemy, the perk adds another 3 enemies, and each enemy is equivalent to 251 block hit points.

I haven't tried this myself, but that would be my guess. Hope it helps.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

13 hours ago, khzmusik said:

I'm pretty sure that's the increase in enemy penetration, not blocks.

One would think you need to modify the "BlockDamage" property. The catch is that "perkPenetrator" doesn't have this property, so in theory it shouldn't increase block damage at all. (Other perks do, though.)

So, I think what you want is "BlockPenetrationFactor". From the comments in buffs.xml: "This many block hit points reduce EntityPenetrationCount by 1.  251 is just enough to penetrate 1 wood block or door." This property is set on the ammo itself, and I don't see any buff that affects it. 

From the numbers, I'm guessing that's where TFP get the "1000" value? It's close to (3 + 1) x 251, meaning: AP ammo penetrates 1 enemy, the perk adds another 3 enemies, and each enemy is equivalent to 251 block hit points.

I haven't tried this myself, but that would be my guess. Hope it helps.

I scrolled/searched through the entire buffs xml and did not see any active buffs with "BlockPenetrationFactor"; I did find the description yet that's only a description therefore it doesn't help.

BlockPenetrationFactor is also mentioned 4 times in items.xml

-----------

Hint:

Get yourself an utility to search for strings in lots of files, makes looking for stuff like this much easier. Or it might be possible to activate Unix-support in windows and simply type

grep "searchstring" *

after changing to that dir in the shell to get a nice list of every occurence of that string