Zombies who die from Bleeding dont give XP?

Kyonshi

Im using Blade weapons right now which cause Bleeding status to zombies and im currently lvl 3 in Deep Cuts. I can cause up to 5 Bleeding wounds, which of course can deplete their HP quite fast.

But i noticed that if i dont kill them quick enough with a proper strike, they ''bleed'' out and die without giving me XP. This happened quite repeatedly now.

Is this something that always happened, that i wasnt aware of until now, or is there's something wrong with the game about that? I know that zombies who die from fire, if its from your own hands and you let them burn (i.e. Molotovs), give you XP, so why isnt it the same with Bleeding that i inflict?

Edit : forgot to mention that im using Katanas from the HD Katanas mod. Could the issue be linked to those?

Edited by Kyonshi (see edit history)

I actually think I was experiencing this with electrocution (stun baton) -- I found when the Zed died, the +XP notification didn't pop up.

This being said, haven't confirmed if I didn't "actually" get the XP, or if the notification simply wasn't showing.

NOTE: I am playing vanilla, no mods!

...that being said, on my other game with a bleed/blade build, I think I WAS still seeing XP pop up on bleedout. So in your case, maybe the Katana mod?

23 minutes ago, warmer said:

I feel really silly.  I always assumed bleeding damage was only effective on living things. I figured anything with a missing limb/s would have bleedout, ie Mr. Torso.

How is that dude "alive" if bleeding damage kills a zombie? Hmmm

I urge you to hunt and scientifically experiment on a real zombie to answer all those questions and submit your paper to Scientifc American. I would start the search in Haiti if I were you 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

22 hours ago, warmer said:

I feel really silly.  I always assumed bleeding damage was only effective on living things. I figured anything with a missing limb/s would have bleedout, ie Mr. Torso.

How is that dude "alive" if bleeding damage kills a zombie? Hmmm

Hahaha, this has been discussed a while ago here and we still dont have a logical explanation. They just bleed away 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

On 3/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, Maharin said:

I'm pretty sure this is a known bug with damage over time (bleed) effects.  I've seen it with both knives and modified clubs.  You will still get experience some of the time, just not all of the time in my experience.

Alright so i wasnt wrong.

I will only get XP if i clearly deliver the killing blow. If the Bleeding DoT kills them before i strike again, or if i let them bleed out of course, they will not give XP. I verified closely again last nite and im positive on this.

48 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

I will only get XP if i clearly deliver the killing blow. If the Bleeding DoT kills them before i strike again, or if i let them bleed out of course, they will not give XP. I verified closely again last nite and im positive on this.

I've had times where I've received experience even if the DoT did all of the damage or even just delivered the killing blow.  It's not random, it's just not simple, either.