Players need to create way points on maps, and a fast way to travel between them.

ElCabong

A map this big requires multiple way points. I set up another stash location so I can explore the area around it WAY far from my home base. I had to write down the N/E location on a piece of paper. It's still going to be a pain to find it later on. The game gets tedious as all get out when traveling. There are few things of interest on the roads and getting around is boring. Right now the only fast travel is by drinking lots of coffee and running but you never have enough for a long trip.

i agree with more waypoints, and i think their should be a bicycle or a horse to get around, but fast traveling should be a definite no, or at least make it an option so you can turn it off or on. i think having a fast travel system basically destroys the whole survival aspect of the game.

[QUOTE=legolas141;126842]There is already several posts with quite a few ideas about waypoints in them, just saying. 2 seconds in the search bar saves a lot of repeat threads[/QUOTE] Normally, I'd agree if he were asking a question but in this case Repeat threads are like a highlighter for very important issues. One thread repeatedly bumped won't catch the Devs attention like seeing a new thread pop up day after day.

[QUOTE=Novamourne;126946]Normally, I'd agree if he were asking a question but in this case Repeat threads are like a highlighter for very important issues. One thread repeatedly bumped won't catch the Devs attention like seeing a new thread pop up day after day.[/QUOTE] I disagree, seeing the same thread stay at the top for a week or so would definitely get their attention. While repeat threads basically tells them that no one reads threads or bothers checking to see if what they want has already been addressed. Also, there is the matter of the forum rules, so when people post repeat topics constantly, they are saying that either A) they don't care about the rules, or B) they don't have time to read the rules. I realize I am not a forum mod, and I really have no desire to be one. That doesn't however mean I have to ignore stuff like this. Seeing repeat threads happens to annoy me quite a bit. It ranks in the number 2 spot, right up under whiner threads. That is not to say that the OP doesn't have a good idea, I actually love the idea itself. Its just that it has its proper place in another thread that covers the same thing.

I never went far from home because I might get lost, but then I realized the compass has a little house on it to point to my bedroll. Part of a building game is to create trails yourself I suppose. Its a bit simpler in minecraft, but should still be do-able in 7days. Zombies for the most part shouldn't attack single 1 high blocks.

If you play in Single Player can use this [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?14820-Easy-Exploring-Random-Gen-Map-Tutorial"]Tutorial[/URL] Save a lot of time , scroll down post if you annoyed with "concrete" as material, change it to "bridge_asphalt"

[QUOTE=bran;126862]i agree with more waypoints, and i think their should be a bicycle or a horse to get around, but fast traveling should be a definite no, or at least make it an option so you can turn it off or on. i think having a fast travel system basically destroys the whole survival aspect of the game.[/QUOTE] I do not think horses are a good idea... the zombies will kill them for sure. A bike, yes. :) Edit: I think that bikes should be limited to the roads. If you want to explore cross country they you should be made to get off.

Archived