Is there a way to make zombies spawn in a city/biome without cooldown?

Xtrakicking

Like the title says. Back in A12, zombies would spawn in hub cities indefinitely, which meant that no matter how many zombies you killed, they would keep spawning and coming for you. It was impossible to clear a hub city out.

My question is if it's possible to do that in A19, but in towns or at least biomes, and how would one do it.

5 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

Like the title says. Back in A12, zombies would spawn in hub cities indefinitely, which meant that no matter how many zombies you killed, they would keep spawning and coming for you. It was impossible to clear a hub city out.

My question is if it's possible to do that in A19, but in towns or at least biomes, and how would one do it.

Hi Xtrakicking

I like that idea, to have that back in the game, I hope some of the veteran modders catch their attention or that it is implemented via DMT, I can't say if it's possible or not, but in the community we have very talented people and they can surprise us.
Regards

In the spawning.xml, you can try changing the respawndelay value for a given biome from whatever it currently is to 0 (this is how long in days to respawn the area's zombies). From past (brutal) experience, that should give you an unending stream of zombies (at least, that's what it felt like in the early days of that new world). In A18, the values all seemed to be integers, but in A19 I see decimals as well.  

For example, in vanilla A19 the wasteland biome already has respawndelay="0" for the ZombiesWastlelandNight entitygroup, and 0.3 for everything else (so, almost 8 hours of a game day delay, I guess).

While A18's spawning.xml had entries for city, city_wasteland, and wasteland_hub, those are all absent in A19, leaving only the core 5 biomes. Hope that helps.

Archived