Game Stage Achievements

Plato314

Okay guys, multiple questions here.

I started playing this game, on 19.3. I achieved Game Stage 10 & 50, naturally.

However, I went for other Achievements, so I went to 15.2, now 16.4. I got the achievements I wanted, but NOT the Game Stage ones.

I start off, using dm/cm, to get the tools and materials I want, then I turn them off. I also use dm, on then off, to spawn zombies, kill them, repeat. I also changed my gamestage and progression xmls, to speed things up. 15.2 console command gamestage doesn't work, so there was no way to tell, but based on the math and using settime 99999999, the Achievements should have popped. Also, in console it shows 'SendAchievement Score:1000'

Now, in 16.4, the console command gamestage DOES work, when I first checked, after an hour of play, day 2, level 17, I was at gamestage 34, which seems appropriate, given I altered the gamestage/progression xml. HOWEVER, I then changed the xml files again to 100 difficulty bonus on Nomad. After typing gamestage again, it showed gamestage 1600 or something, again also showing 'SendAchievement Score:1000'. The gamestage Achievements did not pop.

So, do these achievements have to be done completely naturally from the start, without using dm/cm at all? Mind you, I got other achievements using dm/cm then turning them off, but the Game Stage ones will not for the life of me, pop up. Only in 19.3 playing Naturally did they, but I've read gamestage 1000 can't be achieved in 19.3?

Please provide some input here, thanks.

TLDR: Can Game Stage Achievements be obtained if dm/cm was used but then toggled off? Can Game Stage 1000 be Achieved in 19.3?

164AchievementBug.jpg

I'm not overally sure what you mean by "achievment". I assume you mean reaching a certain gamestage is possible?

15.2 console command gamestage doesn't work, so there was no way to tell, but based on the math and using settime 99999999, the Achievements should have popped. Also, in console it shows 'SendAchievement Score:1000'

Now, in 16.4, the console command gamestage DOES work

The calculation of the gamestage changed over different versions.

E.g. previous to A19, your difficulty was a factor in this calculation. Higher difficulty made your gamestage raise faster. However that was changed with A19. There is still a factor in the calculation, but it's fixed now. Higher or lower difficulties will not affect your gamestage progression anymore.

Iirc there was also a change how the ingame-day affects that. Earlier it was the pure server-day, and was changed to "days alive". Also how deaths influence the gamestage was changed.

So progression between different major-versions ist not at all comparable.

TLDR: Can Game Stage Achievements be obtained if dm/cm was used but then toggled off? Can Game Stage 1000 be Achieved in 19.3?

Dunno if there is a cap to gamestage, but if not, reaching gamestage 1000 is possible in 19.3.

The major factor in A19 is your playerlevel. So giveselfxp to increase your playerlevel does also dramatically increase your gamestage. "Days alive" does also, but with less effect. I also don't know if changing the day to 500 via dm maybe not affect that.

I lost track what the exact gamestage-formular was in which version. Maybe someone else can tell you the formula actually used in A19.

I'm referencing to the Steam Achievements, sorry for not clarifying that. I'm aware of the gamestage-formula, and this is what I'm also referencing to(I know it changed through the alpha versions, maybe I was off on my math, but, I was Level 17 2 Days Alive * 1 Difficult I set in gamestages xml file, I was Gamestage 34, I then changed difficulty to 100, setting me to gamestage 1600 or something one another, maybe higher even). As mentioned, I used the 'settime' command, to adjust my day forward while also being at  Level 17, and in the console it says SendAchievementEvent Score:1000, which I'm pretty sure, is referencing to the Steam Achievements.

Thank you for answering if it can be unlocked in 19.3, I wasn't sure. I thought I read somewhere it can't be done, I might be mistaken.

I'm also referencing to a guide, as shown here: https://gameplay.tips/guides/6354-7-days-to-die.html

I didn't follow his guide step by step, the entire way, as I already had a lot of the Achievements completed. I mainly went to follow his steps on Nomad Survivalist etc Achievements. And as I mentioned, based on my Math and the Console, the Achievements should have unlocked for me.

Back to the 1st question, does using dm/cm in console, completely disable the Game Stage Achievements? They didn't seem to effect the other Achievements, and also as mentioned, my console read GameStage 1600 or something.

And Question, if it wasn't clear, 'why is it showing SendAchievement Event Score:1-1000, but not unlocking the Achievement for me?

However, knowing that it CAN be obtained in 19.3, I'm going to revert back to that version, as I went to the previous versions for the Hidden Achievements. Gotta say 15.2 and 16.4 ran really smooth for me, reaching 80fps in some areas, with settings around the medium area.)

34 minutes ago, Plato314 said:

I'm referencing to the Steam Achievements, sorry for not clarifying that.

Ah, didn't know that there are Steam Achievments for reaching a certain gamestage.

Afaik, you can't gain Steam Achievments if your game runs with "cheat mode" enabled. At least i think i read that somewhere.

So yeah, you can use dm & cm to reach a certain gamestage, but not to gain the steam achievments. AFAIK.

Dunno what happens if you cheat yourself to gamestage 999, restart the game without "cheats enabled" and then reach gamestage 1000 "manually".

I never understood people that are so heavily into steam achievments. And even less people that try to achive them by cheating. I somehow understand people wanting them for showing of their steam profile for "look, i got them, i'm proud of that", but if it can be also reached through cheating, even that is worthless :D

Lol Ya very true Liesel about the Achievements. I mean I got like 70% of them naturally, I might go reset some of the ones I cheated tbh, just the way you describe it. The thing is, I haven't been playing this Multiplayer, and didn't really plan on it, so the 250 Player Kills Achievement. Everything I could do solo, I did, and I probably will with this game stage one.

Ya maybe I'll test your gamestage 999 method, and see if it works, as an experiment. Maybe that's why the achievements didn't trigger, it 'skipped' past the 250 500 and 1000 mark(I have 10 and 50 already, naturally through game play). That might actually be the case to be honest. But again referencing to someones guide, their method should work?

Cheat mode, I don't and haven't used.

Anyways thanks again for chiming in here.

I actually just reset the 3 achievements I did with cm/dm lol Using Steam Achievement Manager, so I'll try to get these naturally through multiplayer, which I've yet to try.

5 minutes ago, Plato314 said:

Cheat mode, I don't and haven't used.

Afaik, if you can use dm & cm, cheatmode is enabled.

In singleplayer there's an option in your game config.

I assume, if you turn it off, dm & cm in console won't work. But i never tested it.

Afaik there's also an option in the dedicated server config.

Thanks for the input.

Either my Math was off, or the 'Steam Achievement' pops up when you hit this event, not just settime skipping past it, cheating hehe.

I'm an Achievement Hunter BFT, I normally never cheat any Achievement, I read some were bugged. However, I SAM'ed the ones I did cheat, still at 81% Naturally.

Will be furthering my 19.3 Profile, if 250 doesn't pop up, well then...

Is there an Off Topic Thread on this Forum?

Wow that was bad grammar... Achievement Hunter BTW*... Used SAM, to deactivate the achievements I had gained, by 'cheating'.*

I want to get them naturally, but I couldn't even connect to any servers, wtf lol Went back to 19.3 to bring the version back to my hard drive.

Archived