Game crashes

Avon46123

16 hours ago, Avon46123 said:

was able to get to main menu once, but was glitchy then crashed, since then wont get past the launching screen where its loading easy anticheat before it crashes, i have uninstalled and force reinstalled easy anticheat, uninstalled and reinstalled steam and still getting the same results

this is the log of when i was able to get to the main menu

@BFT2020 all, i mean all of my other programs and games work 100%, i have been building my computers since 1998

output_log__2021-01-23__16-26-41.txt 648 B · 9 downloads

That output log can't be from a run where you succeeded to reach main menu. It stops immediately at start and is only 19 lines long. Except if the buffer couldn't even be written to disk, but then the OS would have had to crash immediately.

11 hours ago, Avon46123 said:

@SylenThunder yes i have done it, does the same thing

Please be more verbose. Sylen gave two tips in two messages and we don't know which one you did. Preferable you should have tried both.

Does the operating system crash as well? If yes, what is in the logs of the operating system? Even if not, what is in the logs of the operating system?

I'm relatively sure (~90%) your problem is hardware. Why? Because you say you crash at different times in startup. This can only be explained by your hardware having problems at specific operations or stresses that only happen with 7 days which is a game that (through its voxel nature) does stress other parts of a PC than other games or programs. Secondly because you seem to say your operating system gets unoperative as well, something a program should not be able to do. But you haven't been very clear on this point so I can only guess.

So first use a RAM checker.

Then use mprime. This tests whether the CPU has a problem.  7 Days is one of the few games that uses CPU more than GPU, although this shouldn't already be happening at startup (??) so probably nothing will come of it.

Then do a stress test using both CPU and GPU. This will test primarily your power supply.

There is still the possibility of software problems, for example incompatibilities between OS and 7 days. So next thing you could do is starting a headless 7 days to die server. If that succeeds it means there is something fishy with the graphics driver or graphics card. Try installing an older driver version or replace the graphics card with the one of the old PC, just for a test naturally.

Also check the setting of the windows cache, is it still at default?

20 hours ago, Avon46123 said:

@meganoth i did try that and everything checked out good

In court a laywer would say you are a hostile witness. Any shred of information has to be pulled out of your nose. In effect you are just wasting everyone's time.

For example I gave the advice to start a headless server and look whether it runs or not. But you don't say whether that succeeded or not. You don't post an updated log, nothing.

I'm sorry, the best advice I can give you is to hire an expert or ask a friend with PC knowledge to look at your PC.

16 minutes ago, Avon46123 said:

@meganoth what is a headless server and how would I do that

So you have been not quite "serious" when you said you "tried that and everything checked out good". What else have you not done?

A headless server is the game started as a server only, without the user being automatically logged in to it. Since such a server needs to show no graphics it would give a hint whether graphics has something to do with the problem or not.

A howto on how to start a headless server must be somewhere in a sticky thread in "General Support" I think.

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

A howto on how to start a headless server must be somewhere in a sticky thread in "General Support" I think.

I should double-check that post in that thread. It's been a while since I put the Winblows guide together.  If you really want to rule, you can go full headless Linux dedi, but you kind of need a spare PC for that. Guide is here

19 hours ago, meganoth said:

So you have been not quite "serious" when you said you "tried that and everything checked out good". What else have you not done?

I have done everything that has been suggested, besides the headless server, will try it and find out

Archived