Apocalypse Now Mod A20.5

killerbunny264

Having a great time with this mod. A20.6 (b9) and Mod 3.0.6 Stable. No other mods loaded. But I did not include the  DisableTraderProtection part because well, why not?

Now I'm at lvl 91, gamestage 405 - and I have yet to find any titanium within the forest and snow biomes. Playing the 6k map number 2 included in the download.

Is this normal? Well, to put it another way, where's the titanium? How do I get it?

It may be clear to those who have access to Discord or YT, but I do not because of the Region I play from. So I'm askin'.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Melange said:

Having a great time with this mod. A20.6 (b9) and Mod 3.0.6 Stable. No other mods loaded. But I did not include the  DisableTraderProtection part because well, why not?

Now I'm at lvl 91, gamestage 405 - and I have yet to find any titanium within the forest and snow biomes. Playing the 6k map number 2 included in the download.

Is this normal? Well, to put it another way, where's the titanium? How do I get it?

It may be clear to those who have access to Discord or YT, but I do not because of the Region I play from. So I'm askin'.

Hey there Mel :)

The Wasteland is what you are looking for.

If you can get around the region problem and want check out around 6min 52 point:

Edited by SnowBee (see edit history)

On 9/27/2022 at 5:34 PM, SnowBee said:

I can't say what the problem is for sure, I would suggest you try asking on the Apocalypse Now discord. However, I do know you must use Alpha 20.6 with the most recent version of AN 3.0.6.

You nailed it SnowBee thanks. After upgrading to 20.6 the game runs perfectly.

Edited by Akrux (see edit history)

I have played this mod in the past and it was fun. When I saw this video now, looks like it is a totally different mod. Looks much better. 

The only thing I didnt like was food made very easy. Chicken nuggets from bird nests and lots of fruits and chocolates. No extra efforts needed to be put in for food. And managing inventory in the backpack because of the above.

I had also added several zombies to this mod like enzombies, robelto, snuffkin and guppycur which made it very difficult.

Fun mod. Thanks.

👍

Edited by Ganeshakw (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

I have played this mod in the past and it was fun. When I saw this video now, looks like it is a totally different mod. Looks much better. 

The only thing I didnt like was food made very easy. Chicken nuggets from bird nests and lots of fruits and chocolates. No extra efforts needed to be put in for food. And managing inventory in the backpack because of the above.

I had also added several zombies to this mod like enzombies, robelto, snuffkin and guppycur which made it very difficult.

Fun mod. Thanks.

👍

Yeah, Alpha 21 has significant changes coming up. You thought the mod food was easier? Interesting. There is added depth coming in Alpha 21 with fertiliser and seed creation, however, I can't say yet if this makes it easier. I like chicken nuggets :)

Looking forward for A21. There is a lot of buzz going on. Looks like the modders will have to work a lot to make their mods compatible.

Regarding the food, what I meant was there is really no effort to be made. Initially the player needs to make a lot of arrows and for that he needs to search for bird nests. He gets the food automatically in the form of chicken nuggets. Personally, I had removed a lot of fruits and chocolates from the loot when I played this mod. (Played more than once). And with all the zombie variations added and your zombies regenerating health, the game became so difficult that I had to use another mod which is Sacred Weapons then only I could eliminate the Zs. Lol.

😃

5 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

Looking forward for A21. There is a lot of buzz going on. Looks like the modders will have to work a lot to make their mods compatible.

Regarding the food, what I meant was there is really no effort to be made. Initially the player needs to make a lot of arrows and for that he needs to search for bird nests. He gets the food automatically in the form of chicken nuggets. Personally, I had removed a lot of fruits and chocolates from the loot when I played this mod. (Played more than once). And with all the zombie variations added and your zombies regenerating health, the game became so difficult that I had to use another mod which is Sacred Weapons then only I could eliminate the Zs. Lol.

😃

Yeah, unfortunately I don't relate to the difficult issue. I know other players have said so, but I have found as long as you keep your weapons and skills upgraded and my trusty M60 in my hands, the monsters all die quite easily. In v3.0.5 and 3.0.6, killerbunny has been upping the gamestage a bit, and has also added a hardcore mod for those who want extra pain. Not my cup of tea :)

Still, my experience is not your one, so I hope you stick around for a while especially when A21 drops. The changes coming then are certainly going to add more depth with farming, vehicles, zombies, crafting and weapons.

FYI, ran into a minor issue with 3.0.6 stable with Linux. Worked in a single player game but joining our server would fail complaining:

2022-10-02T01:39:37 2.244 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'Chickun-SupplyDrops'
2022-10-02T01:39:37 2.244 WRN [MODS] Folder Chickun-SupplyDrops does not contain a ModInfo.xml, ignoring
2022-10-02T01:39:37 2.244 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from folder: 'Chickun-SupplyDrops'

This was due to a case sensitivity issue with the ModInfo.xml file in the Chickun-SupplyDrops mod included with ApocNow.

Within 7 Days To Die/Mods/Chickun-SupplyDrops, the fix is to rename the file:

mv modinfo.xml ModInfo.xml

First time posting on the forum, running into an issue when trying to join a friend who has the mod. Each time I join I get two error messages that read "ERR XML loader: loading and parsing failed" and "EXC Class 'BlockBuffAOE' not found on block BlockBuffAOETest!" 
Not sure whats causing it, especially since another friend was able to join him with no issues. I've tried doing a fresh install, verifying integrity of game files, removing and readding the mod contents, and playing without the block buff mode altogether. The only other person I could see that has the same issue is a commenter on the Apocalypse Now Nexus page. I've tried seeing if it would work in singleplayer, and i got two different error mesages that read "EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Running on 20.6 b9 stable, only other mods were "Can Chili" "MPL-Downed Trees PF_1_0" and "More Skill Points"
I apologise if this has been mentioned before without me realizing.

2 hours ago, stevie said:

First time posting on the forum, running into an issue when trying to join a friend who has the mod. Each time I join I get two error messages that read "ERR XML loader: loading and parsing failed" and "EXC Class 'BlockBuffAOE' not found on block BlockBuffAOETest!" 
Not sure whats causing it, especially since another friend was able to join him with no issues. I've tried doing a fresh install, verifying integrity of game files, removing and readding the mod contents, and playing without the block buff mode altogether. The only other person I could see that has the same issue is a commenter on the Apocalypse Now Nexus page. I've tried seeing if it would work in singleplayer, and i got two different error mesages that read "EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Running on 20.6 b9 stable, only other mods were "Can Chili" "MPL-Downed Trees PF_1_0" and "More Skill Points"
I apologise if this has been mentioned before without me realizing.

I am not great with errors, so I would suggest you may get quicker response from the Apocalypse Now Discord.

Other than that, my suggestions are:

1. I recommend the manual install method. I think you have, so I am only mentioning it here in case you didn't. I see fewer problems with manual than that of the mod launcher.

2. Make sure you are using the Alpha 20.6 latest vanilla version from Steam, and copy that 7 Days to Die folder to another location (usually in the same root area of your Steam games common folder). Then add the v3.0.6 Apocalypse Now mods folder to that copied 7 Day to Die folder you previously copied. Run the 7 Days to Die exe file (not the EAC one) which is in the new copied folder. You can also rename that 7 Days to Die folder to something appropriate like 7 Day to die AN v3.0.6 or something.

3. Make sure both of you have the same versions. Alpha 20.6 and the AN 3.0.6

4. As you have already verified the main game folder, download AN 3.0.6 again to make sure that was not corrupted somehow.

5. You could even uninstall your Steam 7 days to die game and install that again, and start from scratch.

Again, sorry that I have likely just repeated what you have already done, as it seems like you did do the manual method. I just wanted to make sure that was the procedure. I think if you have done everything, than maybe download the mod again?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have this minor mouse click issue. Since I am using the AN mod, figured it would be best to post here.

I open my inventory. Click on an item. The game responds audibly, but sometimes I have to click again in order to examine an item, or to 'grab' it so that I can move it. Seems that sometimes (I've not found the phenomenon to be predictable) my mouse click on an inventory item doesn't 'take hold'. 

Is it because of the increased inventory matrix, in that I haven't clicked the sweet spot within the UI? Or is my mouse timing off?  It happens when dealing with the contents of lootables also. 

I will add that the mouse was marketed as wireless, but it came with a cord. So I don't use the wireless option.

It's annoying, that's all. Hasn't gotten me killed. Yet.

Any ideas? 

Great mod though. Lots of fun.

10 minutes ago, Melange said:

So, I have this minor mouse click issue. Since I am using the AN mod, figured it would be best to post here.

I open my inventory. Click on an item. The game responds audibly, but sometimes I have to click again in order to examine an item, or to 'grab' it so that I can move it. Seems that sometimes (I've not found the phenomenon to be predictable) my mouse click on an inventory items doesn't 'take hold'. 

Is it because of the increased inventory matrix, in that I haven't clicked the sweet spot within the UI? Or is my mouse timing off?  

I will add that the mouse was marketed as wireless, but it came with a cord. So I don't use the wireless option.

It's annoying, that's all. Hasn't gotten me killed. Yet.

Any ideas? 

Great mod though. Lots of fun.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about this. Hopefully someone else will be able to suggest something.

17 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

Unfortunately, I have no idea about this. Hopefully someone else will be able to suggest something.

Ah, @SnowBee. Was hoping you had a solution. I have one non-ergonomic unused mouse on the shelf. Will change it out. Lots of  'copy' peripherals here....maybe its a driver issue. I'll get back with an update.

Dankie ou maat 😊

34 minutes ago, Melange said:

Seems to have been a problem with the mouse. I plugged in the OEM mouse for the laptop and have put a few hours in the game since then. No further issues with click-and-miss.  Issue resolved. Another gaming mouse is on order. 😊

Okay, good to know :)

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this in the wrong area before so my apologies.

Hello. FIrst, thank you for taking the time to read this. Second, I NEED HELP!! lol I've been trying to play the latest version of Apocalypse Now and I get an error message when trying to create a new world in the editor. The message is: keynotfoundexception: The given key was not present in the dictionary

I've got the latest version of 7 Days installed on Steam. I downloaded the files from the link in this forum. I made a copy of my 7 Days To Die folder from my local files on Steam and made a new folder on my desktop. I pasted my 7 Days To Die folder that I copied from Steam into this new folder and renamed it Apocalypse Now. I then unzipped the files I got from the download and pasted it into my newly created folder. The file name was called Mods. I opened up my newly created folder and clicked on the 7 Days To Die application (not with EAC) and loaded it up. The screen for Apocalypse Now was there (not the vanilla) and so I went to create a new world. I did some minor adjustments but before it would create any POI's, the error message popped up.

I've certainly done something wrong. I don't know what it is though. I've watched tutorial videos on installing mods manually (I don't like using the launcher) and I just can't figure this one out. Can anyone please help me?

1 hour ago, Lorri said:

I posted this in the wrong area before so my apologies.

Hello. FIrst, thank you for taking the time to read this. Second, I NEED HELP!! lol I've been trying to play the latest version of Apocalypse Now and I get an error message when trying to create a new world in the editor. The message is: keynotfoundexception: The given key was not present in the dictionary

I've got the latest version of 7 Days installed on Steam. I downloaded the files from the link in this forum. I made a copy of my 7 Days To Die folder from my local files on Steam and made a new folder on my desktop. I pasted my 7 Days To Die folder that I copied from Steam into this new folder and renamed it Apocalypse Now. I then unzipped the files I got from the download and pasted it into my newly created folder. The file name was called Mods. I opened up my newly created folder and clicked on the 7 Days To Die application (not with EAC) and loaded it up. The screen for Apocalypse Now was there (not the vanilla) and so I went to create a new world. I did some minor adjustments but before it would create any POI's, the error message popped up.

I've certainly done something wrong. I don't know what it is though. I've watched tutorial videos on installing mods manually (I don't like using the launcher) and I just can't figure this one out. Can anyone please help me?

Try running the game with on the Apocalypse Now maps. They are included and recommended. At the end of the YT video below it talks about the new zzTong POI's and shows what the map naming looks like for the pre-generated AN worlds. The video is related to 3.0.5, just ignore that, the latest is v3.0.6.

https://youtu.be/OUWhqkDTZYw

If that is working, then it is likely the RWG that is messing up. I would suggest to try run it with fewer settlements and wasteland settlements. See if that works.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:10 AM, SnowBee said:

Try running the game with on the Apocalypse Now maps. They are included and recommended. At the end of the YT video below it talks about the new zzTong POI's and shows what the map naming looks like for the pre-generated AN worlds. The video is related to 3.0.5, just ignore that, the latest is v3.0.6.

https://youtu.be/OUWhqkDTZYw

If that is working, then it is likely the RWG that is messing up. I would suggest to try run it with fewer settlements and wasteland settlements. See if that works.

That seemed to work just fine. A little frustrating as I'd like to adjust biomes but not a huge deal. Thank you so much for your help and advice!!

Odd, but true.

Ran over a sleeper in a poi field yesterday. Maybe my motorcycle was going too fast for the world, but the zombie did not react at all. On my return trip I drove over it again. It did grunt. Didn't kill it though.  Thought maybe the first time would have been enough to elicit a response.  Odd.

Close combat in a poi. I got pushed into a 1x1 closet. Killed the attackers, but then could not move. I could look all around, but no forward/backwards/sideway movement. Jump/crouch did not help. Destroyed everything within the reach of my axe and pickaxe. No luck. I quit. Restarted in the hope of being freed. Not a chance. Ended up having to eat glass (about 7 jars worth) to suicide. Too far into the session to start over. First time that's ever happened to me. Odd.

Good fun though. Level 102 and have still to leave the forest biome. It's fine. No hurry.

13 minutes ago, Melange said:

Odd, but true.

Ran over a sleeper in a poi field yesterday. Maybe my motorcycle was going too fast for the world, but the zombie did not react at all. On my return trip I drove over it again. It did grunt. Didn't kill it though.  Thought maybe the first time would have been enough to elicit a response.  Odd.

Close combat in a poi. I got pushed into a 1x1 closet. Killed the attackers, but then could not move. I could look all around, but no forward/backwards/sideway movement. Jump/crouch did not help. Destroyed everything within the reach of my axe and pickaxe. No luck. I quit. Restarted in the hope of being freed. Not a chance. Ended up having to eat glass (about 7 jars worth) to suicide. Too far into the session to start over. First time that's ever happened to me. Odd.

Good fun though. Level 102 and have still to leave the forest biome. It's fine. No hurry.

Hey Mel

The only time I have ever been stuck and unable to move was when I was totally encumbered with loot. Do you think this was maybe the problem?

5 hours ago, SnowBee said:

Hey Mel

The only time I have ever been stuck and unable to move was when I was totally encumbered with loot. Do you think this was maybe the problem?

When I respawned on my bedroll I did not empty my inventory. Drop on death setting was 'drop nothing'. Immediately ran the 400 m or so back to where my motorbike was. So I don't think it was an inventory issue. Ever see a zombie trapped in the woodwork? That's how it felt. I did go and inspect the exact spot (what was left of it), and did not see anything that offered a clue. I had all of the pocket mods maxed out. Even when I am encumbered (all slots filled) I can still walk. Lol. It's been a long time since I had to suicide to get out of a situation.

54 minutes ago, Melange said:

When I respawned on my bedroll I did not empty my inventory. Drop on death setting was 'drop nothing'. Immediately ran the 400 m or so back to where my motorbike was. So I don't think it was an inventory issue. Ever see a zombie trapped in the woodwork? That's how it felt. I did go and inspect the exact spot (what was left of it), and did not see anything that offered a clue. I had all of the pocket mods maxed out. Even when I am encumbered (all slots filled) I can still walk. Lol. It's been a long time since I had to suicide to get out of a situation.

Yeah, you should have had the same problem. So very unlikely with how you explained it. :)