Apocalypse Now Mod A20.5

killerbunny264

5 hours ago, tommymsw said:

Trying to make steel, but says I need a crucible but there is no spot for the crucible in the forge.

Because the first forge you are able to craft does not allow steel to be made in it. There are three forge types in the game. The second craftable forge is wood and/or coal fired and accepts a crucible. The last one (advanced forge) is the best one and accepts a crucible too. Just a little different from how vanilla works...Oh, and the bellows and anvils you craft for the initial forge won't work in the advanced forge 🙂

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Melange said:

Because the first forge you are able to craft does not allow steel to be made in it. There are three forge types in the game. The second craftable forge is wood and/or coal fired and accepts a crucible. The last one (advanced forge) is the best one and accepts a crucible too. Just a little different from how vanilla works...Oh, and the bellows and anvils you craft for the initial forge won't work in the advanced forge 🙂

Oh, when I typed in "steel" it showed 2 forges. The first looked like the original forge and said it needed the "Crucible upgrade" so I figured that was a thing you needed to do to that forge. The other forge that appeared needed steel to create it, so it was confusing. We must have missed a 3rg forge. Or the second one has the same thumbnail. Thank you for the clarification. 

General vehicle question. I am interested in building the non-vanilla vehicles and I see they are unlocked with "grease monkey" and by a "schematic". I have found schematics but see no way to build one and although I am only at grease monkey 2, none of them mention that they unlock more than the vanilla vehicles. Are the special vehicle schematics loot only? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Zyamaia said:

Hi,  Love the mod, but quick question.  Where do I  find Titanium?

There is no hazmat gear for the Wasteland, yet. However, you will need the anti rad tablets to move around there.

Also, gamestage does not increase in the Wasteland.

Edited by SnowBee (see edit history)

On 3/28/2023 at 6:58 AM, SnowBee said:

There is no hazmat gear for the Wasteland, yet. However, you will need the anti rad tablets to move around there.

Also, gamestage does not increase in the Wasteland.

That was interesting but I'm not sure I understood it right - do you mean that the wasteland biome doesn't boost the gamestage and lootstage any more than the snow biome, so the snow biome is the sweet spot for loot and the only reasons to visit the wasteland are titanium and bragging rights ?

Cheers

7 hours ago, Grolbu said:

That was interesting but I'm not sure I understood it right - do you mean that the wasteland biome doesn't boost the gamestage and lootstage any more than the snow biome, so the snow biome is the sweet spot for loot and the only reasons to visit the wasteland are titanium and bragging rights ?

Cheers

Hey Grolbu

Just the gamestage. That was a correction given to me by killerbunny after I posted that short. So the wasteland gamestage is not increased when you walk into it compared to the forest.

The loot stage does increase in Apocalypse Now for desert, snow and wasteland. Snow is higher than desert, but not by much. The wasteland loot stage is a significant jump.

Besides titanium, you need it for radioactive material as well.

1 hour ago, SnowBee said:

The loot stage does increase in Apocalypse Now for desert, snow and wasteland. Snow is higher than desert, but not by much. The wasteland loot stage is a significant jump.

Besides titanium, you need it for radioactive material as well.

Awesome, I'll keep looking for it :)

Thanks !

17 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Awesome, I'll keep looking for it :)

Thanks !

Sure, no problem :)

Are you on a pre-gen AN map, or RWG? If you are still looking for the wasteland, I usually tell players to find either the snow or desert and then just follow the outline of that biome and often you will bump into the Wasteland.

I can't make cement. The ingredient for cement calls for "stone" but I can only gather "small stone". There is an item in the game called stone but the ingredient list for that includes cement. I think that "stone" might be a stone block.

1 hour ago, Akrux said:

I can't make cement. The ingredient for cement calls for "stone" but I can only gather "small stone". There is an item in the game called stone but the ingredient list for that includes cement. I think that "stone" might be a stone block.

Cement is made in the forge. I assume that is not the problem?

The forge requires you to smelt the stone/small stones first. Once there is enough stone in the forge, then you can create cement. A bellows and anvil are not required.

This should be very similar to how the vanilla game does it. I have tested it now, so it should be working on version 3.1.3.

18 hours ago, SnowBee said:

Cement is made in the forge. I assume that is not the problem?

The forge requires you to smelt the stone/small stones first. Once there is enough stone in the forge, then you can create cement. A bellows and anvil are not required.

This should be very similar to how the vanilla game does it. I have tested it now, so it should be working on version 3.1.3.

My brain fart. I have spent too much time playing mods that forged from inventory and forgot about the old way of smelting into the forge first.

Thanks for the answer.

7 hours ago, Akrux said:

My brain fart. I have spent too much time playing mods that forged from inventory and forgot about the old way of smelting into the forge first.

Thanks for the answer.

Haha, no problem. In fact, when I fired up 3.1.3, I placed the forge, and then saw I couldn't craft the cement. I added the bellows and anvil, and only then realised "oh wait, it must be smelted!". So yeah, I understand you perfectly :D 

Edited by SnowBee (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

A lot of folks been asking me recently when is the mod going to be released

sadly with a broken heart 

The Mod release will be postponed until A22

The reason :- 

I changing almost everything in the game 

from guns , zombies , perks , New Animals , repairable vehicles , end game and more !

And I'm barely having time to get this sh*t ready for A21 ., Between work and modding !

❤️ **Love you All **❤️

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @killerbunny264 thanks for the update. Your Apocalypse Now mod is my favorite and I'm still enjoying it while I boycott A21 and it's oh so silly book system.

I'll be patiently waiting and looking forward to seeing what you've come up with in your next iteration.

Thank you very much for all your work and here's to you and your awesome mod! :first: