(A20) Snufkin Weapons Xpansion

arramus

34 minutes ago, neochiken said:

Thats really sad as I put points into deep cuts specifically for this weapon :( glad to hear there's a fix though! Thank you for the help!

Yes, it is unfortunate. I hoped this was fixed for A20 since the machete could also cause this issue in A19. It now seems to have got worse and is something we shall monitor for future updates.

Thanks to "arramus" I created a LootBox. Tickets cannot be obtained or obtained in a regular game. I also played around with the chance of weapons falling out, weapons 1 often appear, and level 6 weapons are very rare (about 1 per 20 boxes). The mod created aramus, and I think it's his full credit. I do not claim any information about my intervention in the mod.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SGUDfDM7Q74KRxX57xrU1Nps-DpuoI_K/view?usp=sharing

18 minutes ago, egik152 said:

Thanks to "arramus" I created a LootBox. Tickets cannot be obtained or obtained in a regular game. I also played around with the chance of weapons falling out, weapons 1 often appear, and level 6 weapons are very rare (about 1 per 20 boxes). The mod created aramus, and I think it's his full credit. I do not claim any information about my intervention in the mod.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SGUDfDM7Q74KRxX57xrU1Nps-DpuoI_K/view?usp=sharing

Let me check what we have here.

Players will need to go to Creative Menu to obtain these items as they are not found in any loot locations.

And I understand your comment about Level 6 weapons being rare items. Credit to Snufkin for the Loot Box Add On, and thank you for bringing us this option.

It seems that Server Admin could add them to a Player Vending Machine and sell them, or give them away as 'Prizes'. That can be an interesting feature for many servers.

Maybe you can rename your file to 'A20-LootBox-CreativeMenu-egik152' and we can link to it in the first post?

On 30.01.2022 at 13:10, arramus said:

Позвольте мне проверить, что у нас здесь есть.

Игрокам нужно будет перейти в Творческое меню, чтобы получить эти предметы, так как они не найдены ни в каких местах добычи.

И я понимаю ваш комментарий о том, что оружие 6-го уровня является редкими предметами. Спасибо Снусмумрику за дополнение "Ящик с добычей" и спасибо, что предоставили нам эту опцию.

Похоже, что администратор сервера мог бы добавить их в торговый автомат игрока и продать их или раздать в качестве "Призов". Это может быть интересной функцией для многих серверов.

Может быть, вы можете переименовать свой файл в 'A20-LootBox-CreativeMenu-egik152', и мы сможем сослаться на него в первом посте?

If there is a desire). I am very busy and it is difficult for me to write in English through a translator. I will be grateful if you do it.

4 hours ago, egik152 said:

If there is a desire). I am very busy and it is difficult for me to write in English through a translator. I will be grateful if you do it.

You are very busy. I won't do anything because maybe there will be questions about it later and it will make you busier. Players will find your link if they use a word search.

Since it was not possible to update the Loot Box Machine using the A19 features, here is a simpler version for A20 without any background images or sophisticated coding.

https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Weapons-Xpansion-LootboxAddon-A20-2022February01

Introduction:
The Loot Box Add On requires the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod to funtion. It is an Add On mod that brings an additional expanded feature as follows:

- Add Green, Yellow, Red, and Purple tickets to various kinds of loot.
- Adds a Loot Box Machine (a regular Vending Machine that can be constructed on the Workbench).

- 10 tickets of the same colour can be traded for Loot Box of the same colour.

- Tickets are found based on their rarity with Level 1 - 4, namely Green, Yellow, Red, and Purple.
- Corresponding Loot Boxes contain weapons of varying strength, also from Level 1 - 4 to match the ticket rarity.

- Tickets can be upgraded to the next level on person or on the Workbench, e.g. 10 Green Tickets can be crafted to make a Yellow Ticket.

Here are a few images to show how it works.

Find a ticket in a variety of locations (safes, treasure, and zombie loot bags). Higher level tickets are found in higher level locations such as Gun Safes and Boss Loot Bags.

20220201181526_1.thumb.jpg.6b3fa5f79b87cfc9f6cf2b9b7317e4e1.jpg

Bring the ticket back to a Loot Box Machine.

20220201181555_1.thumb.jpg.907a91fffb3eb873fbf562a5f894663a.jpg

Craft/Exchange your ticket for a Loot Box of the same corresponding colour. A clear description of what can be received is displayed in the description area.

20220201181618_1.thumb.jpg.4a063dfef8ad7aac9cd2eba082129f7c.jpg

Open the Loot Box and receive your new weapon from one of the suggested weapons in the description. There is equal probability to receive any of the weapons listed. On this occasion, it is the Turret Auger.

20220201181648_1.thumb.jpg.a0e3cacda375cae1240e893414577f41.jpg

Here we upgrade 10 Yellow Tickets to 1 make Red Ticket.

20220201181726_1.thumb.jpg.b5a4aa9f7caaa7ffb15ccdf77fd48a7c.jpg

And it Crafts/Exchanges to a Red Loot Box which in turn becomes a Tier 6 Black Widow.

20220201181802_1.thumb.jpg.6c885243abda9da5081137ea49b5800d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Since weapons were removed from the hardened trunks, which were located in a multitude of locations and easy to refresh during quests, findings have been quite sparse (Gun Safes - Wall/Desk Safes). Looting chances have now been increased by adding them to ATMs and Treasure Boxes. There is a 1 in 5 chance of receiving Snufkin Loot in place of the default loot. On successful occasions, there will be a chance to receive 1 - 3 items in Gun Safes and Treasure Boxes and 1 - 2 items in ATMs and Wall/Desk Safes. This will help with finding Mods such as the Vulture Mod or Snake Mod which have become incredibly rare finds. We'll see how this goes and appreciate the continued feedback.

20220325001826_1.thumb.jpg.5467c10f01f87b7d96c4535d8373773b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Mod 👍 ~I just love the vampire gloves

Spoiler

DCLXVI Zeus/Dre X3 electric effect seems broken.
It would be stunning, if the bats become mods instead of seperate weapon. maybe make a steel baseball bat for it; that they are useful in endgame,too.

15 hours ago, Eihwaz said:

Awesome Mod 👍 ~I just love the vampire gloves

Hide contents

DCLXVI Zeus/Dre X3 electric effect seems broken.
It would be stunning, if the bats become mods instead of seperate weapon. maybe make a steel baseball bat for it; that they are useful in endgame,too.

The Glass Baseball Bat, Knife Baseball Bat, and Star Baseball Bat are very comparable to the Steel Club for Melee Damage, Power Attack Damage, Block Damage but they require less Stamina Cost. This is one of their benefits.

In addition, they allow 6 mods instead of the Steel Club 4 mods.

20220402204847_1.thumb.jpg.22317b05701b8a662a31b3963f1a1ee2.jpg

The only one they can't use is the knockdown mod because they are linked to cuts and not directly connected to the pummel type unlock. In addition they benefit from Strength + Deep Cuts + Pummel Pete + Flurry of Blows. This is a lot of extra benefits.

Here is a comparison of how bats with 6 mods compare to steel clubs with 4 mods. They have no skills or attribute benefits at all at the moment.

Radiated Wight from 709 HP

20220402205428_1.thumb.jpg.064e2077dd9c26353f776864934d6808.jpg

To 426 HP after the bleed out perk completed and with a power attack. 283 Damage.

20220402205453_1.thumb.jpg.96390332de9a19ec30e75040f11f2a55.jpg

For the Steel Club, 722 HP

20220402205500_1.thumb.jpg.21527cf99d9371a4530c2414135661ab.jpg

Down to 497 HP. Again with the bleed out because of the barbed wire mod. 225 Damage.

20220402205509_1.thumb.jpg.06eacd6a54d38dba000c74de1b87e197.jpg

This offers a little over 20% extra damage with just these mods with no skill/attribute benefits. Once the bats gain extra skill/attributes for the Strength + Deep Cuts + Pummel Pete + Flurry of Blows, they can be really effective.

To give these bats just a little more variety the mod has been updated and they can now use the flaming mod as well. A fully modded out bat with all 6 slots and all attributes/skills is a fierce weapons.

20220402204927_1.jpg

As for the Zeus and Dre X3 electric effect, it seemed to be working well in SP at least.

The Dre x3 with a shot for each radiated zombie.

20220402212857_1.thumb.jpg.bae4d9e82386196721b2fa992e9212b0.jpg

7 shots remaining.

20220402212737_1.thumb.jpg.ff2894dc24f579454697f386ebbbbc8f.jpg

6 shots remaining.

20220402212745_1.thumb.jpg.f7c07cbac5e5cc6e19bc8dd9d3b2590f.jpg

I missed one. 4 shots remaining.

20220402212801_1.thumb.jpg.633eb1f5c6a5a7be4938c0274d729374.jpg

As for the long sniping shot that requires us to hold down fire until we see the green bar fill up and the energy sound, they often die from the first shot unless they are very strong so we don't often see the electric buff.

20220402212640_1.thumb.jpg.903d157dad0e0d9c4362be6b849b6289.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, swmeek said:

I've noticed the crossbow mag weapon will not shoot through bars or the walkway railings.

That is correct, and it was by choice of the original creator.

Here is a post which explains how to change it if that is your wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to make this work for darkness falls trying to look at the recipe of a gun makes non stop errors and breaks the game to where i have to relaunch the server (as when i try to craft anything else it keeps spammning me with errors while being stuck on that one weapon) 

This weapons expansion mod connects them all to Progression so they can all be crafted at higher levels as we put skill on the weapon skills. It really depends on how Darkness Falls handles Progression for Vanilla. If it changes it drastically, those NREs will be linked as this weapons expansion is still looking for those original hook ups. If you move the Progression from this mod, it'll be all level 1 weapons and only apart from what you find in loot or the lootbox addon machine. It also depends on how Darkness Falls handles loot as well. Checking what happens in the console messages will be a good indicator of what is not being loaded for this weapons expansion when starting the world. As Darkness Falls is the primary install, it is best to match how it wants things to be and advice may best be sought in the Darkness Falls thread.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:34 AM, XRIPXSHADOW said:

Seems like some recipes causes conflicts too like the crossbow and autoshotgun

I play DF and have it installed and can see there are two perks which can be generic for the Snufkins just to stop the errors. Try this little DF Patch. It is very crude but should stop any of those conflicts. These will replace your Snufkin items and progression files in the Snufkin mod you are using now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rerc02nrkur8mmz/DF_Patch_Snufkin_Weapons_Xpansion.zip?dl=0

DF has its own special perk/unlock system and there is no guarantee how they will function in game.

If it generally goes 'bang' it will be connected to the perkCraftGuns. DF makes this level based and you can craft better Snufkin guns as your level increases and you use skill on the Crafting Guns skill.

If it generally goes 'blop' it will be connected to the perkCraftWeapons. DF makes this level based and you can craft better Snufkin weapons as your level increases and you use skill on the Crafting Weapons skill.

20220427140149_1.thumb.jpg.7240409f88e5db4d225c73d1174a2672.jpg

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Ravagec said:

@Snufkinplease can you make a version thats compatible with Darkness Falls, we would love this on our server network.

The posts just above your post show a version that works with DF by integrating it into the DF system. It also shares a download link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rerc02nrkur8mmz/DF_Patch_Snufkin_Weapons_Xpansion.zip?dl=0

It is crude in its approach, but is compatible. If members of the DF community would like to take it further, all the best with it.

Snufkin appears to be elsewhere these days and responses are rare if at all.

23 hours ago, arramus said:

The posts just above your post show a version that works with DF by integrating it into the DF system. It also shares a download link.

It is crude in its approach, but is compatible. If members of the DF community would like to take it further, all the best with it.

Snufkin appears to be elsewhere these days and responses are rare if at all.

you my good man are a legend, thank you, crude is good m8, no need to make things over complicated if they dont need to be.
i had to make a cpl of small changes to recipes to make one of the items craft able, im going to go thru and add the other items to recipes and progression later on this week depending what by community thinks, i think it would be cool to have all of them craft able at some stage in your progression.

Edited by Ravagec (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, ezbz said:

For some reason I'm not seeing the UV Bolts anywhere in my crafting menu. Are they called something else?

Ahh the Hyper Blaster. UV Bolts use the alternative name of Energy Cells.

They can be made in batches of 100 or 1000 cell batches with 1000 giving a 20% discount in resources.

The description does only say UV Bolts and this can be an area of confusion/misunderstanding. This description has stayed practically the same since the mod was created.

It is now updated to read:

(Fortitude + Machine Gunner) An assault rifle that shoots UV bolts from Energy Cells instead of bullets. It has a very high rate of fire but low damage output per shot, so to use effectively you need to fire in long bursts.

For A21, it will be prudent to add the 1000 batch as a separate item as well so it can be seen as Energy Cells (1000) just as we see with other batched items. At the moment both the 100 and 1000 share exactly the same name although the description hints at the differences in values. I'll hold off on that for now though as it can cause mismatch issues if a server decides to update and the new item exists.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

Ahh the Hyper Blaster. UV Bolts use the alternative name of Energy Cells.

They can be made in batches of 100 or 1000 cell batches with 1000 giving a 20% discount in resources.

The description does only say UV Bolts and this can be an area of confusion/misunderstanding. This description has stayed practically the same since the mod was created.

It is now updated to read:

(Fortitude + Machine Gunner) An assault rifle that shoots UV bolts from Energy Cells instead of bullets. It has a very high rate of fire but low damage output per shot, so to use effectively you need to fire in long bursts.

For A21, it will be prudent to add the 1000 batch as a separate item as well so it can be seen as Energy Cells (1000) just as we see with other batched items. At the moment both the 100 and 1000 share exactly the same name although the description hints at the differences in values. I'll hold off on that for now though as it can cause mismatch issues if a server decides to update and the new item exists.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Loving the mods so far. All of them are pretty OP. I found a level 4 Kronos XII within the first 10 minutes of having the mod installed... XD

That thing shreds. Then I found the knife bat. It gives me way too much confidence in myself. I'm about to face down a bear with nothing but.....

5 minutes ago, ezbz said:

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Loving the mods so far. All of them are pretty OP. I found a level 4 Kronos XII within the first 10 minutes of having the mod installed... XD

That thing shreds. Then I found the knife bat. It gives me way too much confidence in myself. I'm about to face down a bear with nothing but.....

Yes, that Kronos is a beast. It only used to be found in loot at a very low rate and also from the ticket shop with the most expensive purple tickets.

Now that it is craftable up to Q.6, that will also require a revisit for A21 for balancing. Something like +10% damage of an auto shotty but with its regular buffs remaining. It also has the 6 mod slots so really needs to come down a little (lot). As this was also a Snufkin original weapon, it remained untouched for A18-A20 beyond essential updates.

This pack was somewhat designed to work with the Snufkin Zombies and provide the player with a little more firepower to match their health and strength. The mod clothes/hats such as the speaker hat to eliminate the Banshee screams is one example of how they have been connected.

We tested the knife bat and other bats against the Steel bat as the base line and it is just superior on a Q level with identical mod load out. Having those 6 mod slots though certainly makes it a viable high Game Stage weapon.