Zombies can't swim, right? Right?!

xXx

I was trying to get onto that small cabin in the middle of a lake around 1600W 610N and swiming slowly but steadily I noticed a zombie walking on the lake floor. That was alright since it won't get me that way. Zombies can't swim of course,  they can't use such complex and coordinated movesets obviou- WHAT THE F

So my question is since when can zombies swim and swim at the speed of an athlete? This is one of my worst nightmares and fears. Jesus. I wish there'll be a feature to run off zombie swimming just like zombie sprinting.

Just now, Boidster said:

There is a note in my backpack at the bottom of the lake which has the answer to this question. 🙂

Haha of well. Sorry that you couldn't make it out there, Luckily when I was swimming only one zombie followed me.

Also never ever get on a vehicle of any type during a horde night as you will now have a very terrible time.

The moment you get on a vehicle 50% of zombie spawns get replaced with special hypersonic anti vehicle vultures. Which not only fly at 300% speed but are immune to being run over or pushed aside by vehicles and can easily flip a 4x4 like its a toy car. All while inflecting every status effect in the game upon you and ripping you to shreds.

4 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Also never ever get on a vehicle of any type during a horde night as you will now have a very terrible time.

The moment you get on a vehicle 50% of zombie spawns get replaced with special hypersonic anti vehicle vultures. Which not only fly at 300% speed but are immune to being run over or pushed aside by vehicles and can easily flip a 4x4 like its a toy car. All while inflecting every status effect in the game upon you and ripping you to shreds.

That's indeed insane! Well, don't worry. I'm fond of more traditional zombie apocalypse where no zombie runs so it's disabled for my by default and I don't use vehicles either. I like adventuring around and looking for loot. Only a few vultures I met but they were easy to deal with because they were alone.

Lastly zombies now know how to dig and bloodmoon hordes are more then happy to dig to bedrock if given enough time.

Basically all the ways to cheese zombies and especially the bloodmoon are getting eliminated to ensure that you either need to kill them or spend a lot on repairing/rearming your base.

22 hours ago, Danidas said:

Lastly zombies now know how to dig and bloodmoon hordes are more then happy to dig to bedrock if given enough time.

Basically all the ways to cheese zombies and especially the bloodmoon are getting eliminated to ensure that you either need to kill them or spend a lot on repairing/rearming your base.

This is kind of sad that the Pimps are forcing players what to do and not giving options to choose from. I wish you could play as a stealthy character and hide in bloodmoons and such. 

It is still very possible to play sneaky and hide from the horde but what ever or where ever you do so in is going to take a beating. Which if you don't spend the time and resources to repair will eventually fail but may last you a few bloodmoons or not even one.

In other words the devs goal is to ensure that your never truly safe at least in the default game. As in the game settings you can easily adjust the game to eliminate most of the danger from the zombies if you so choose.

54 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Nearly all the options are still there, they are just not easy and effortless anymore.

Well you certainly can't hide from bloomoon that's for sure. I remember back in an alpha version in 2013 or 14? I'm unsure I madea treehouse and got a bloodmoon warning. So I put my fire out and crouched on that treehouse. For 10 minutes zombies swarmed everywhere, they were running through the forest where I resided. I didn't dare to even take a breath and I was holding it back. But as they come they gone. They ran under the treehouse into a certain direction, like a real horde would do. That was one of my scariest 7D2D experience ever. I wish there would be an option to hide completely if you stay put in the darkness.

2 minutes ago, xXx said:

Well you certainly can't hide from bloomoon that's for sure. I remember back in an alpha version in 2013 or 14? I'm unsure I madea treehouse and got a bloodmoon warning. So I put my fire out and crouched on that treehouse. For 10 minutes zombies swarmed everywhere, they were running through the forest where I resided. I didn't dare to even take a breath and I was holding it back. But as they come they gone. They ran under the treehouse into a certain direction, like a real horde would do. That was one of my scariest 7D2D experience ever. I wish there would be an option to hide completely if you stay put in the darkness.

That was how I experienced my very first night in this game. I was holed up in a wood shack in total darkness and a few zombies were outside. But those were the days of innocence 😉. I'm actually surprised it was in the game once, when I started in A15 I don't think this was possible.

With the current design of the game I don't really see how it could work and not make the AGI player simply overpowered. He could built a small horde base and basically stealth kill zombies in the hundreds. It might work if smg, magnum and desert vulture were removed to balance it out.

2 minutes ago, meganoth said:

That was how I experienced my very first night in this game. I was holed up in a wood shack in total darkness and a few zombies were outside. But those were the days of innocence 😉. I'm actually surprised it was in the game once, when I started in A15 I don't think this was possible.

With the current design of the game I don't really see how it could work and not make the AGI player simply overpowered. He could built a small horde base and basically stealth kill zombies in the hundreds. It might work if smg, magnum and desert vulture were removed to balance it out.

Indeed! The game changed a lot. Interestingly you can download almost every post version and I love  it.

Right now the bloodmoon horde always knows where your at and the quickest easiest path to you.  Whether that path is a open line or a weak block on your wall that you forgot to repair they will zero in on it to get to you as quickly as they can.

On the plus side I remember seeing some of the devs mussing about adding a way for stealth to be relevant on horde night that wouldn't fully invalidate the event. For example being able to loss some of the zombies to open up the option of sneak attacks on them until they relocate you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:42 AM, xXx said:

This is really scary and surprising. I presume now they can attack and destroy as well while swimming?

It's actually not as good as you think.

The strongest base now is a water base because they can NEVER undermine your base.

Give them a ramp up to the kill-zone and they will take it EVERY time.

So I'd say the swim mechanic has a negative impact on gameplay and isn't a concern at all.

Also when they attack you they dive under you a bit and lose "ground" so you can just calm down and fight back easily.

Archived