Junk Drones

gwhit

Have they been dropped from being added? Because back when A19 experiential was first launched they said it was almost complete and need a little more work but would be added later before A19 Experiential was out. But now we are months into A19 stable and not even a word I can find on the progress of this.

The Junk Drone was officially moved back to A20 as they are rethinking parts of it to make it more modular. Which needs a lot more work to improve the current mod system to allow it and also vehicle mods.

Basically as a result the default Junk Drone will be nothing more than a cargo mule to bare your burdens. While allowing you to upgrade it with various mods to add more features to it. Such as being able to attack zombies or heal you to more cargo space and so forth to fit your needs. 

In other words instead of just being a flying turret companion it is getting more fleshed out to be even cooler then before.  

2 hours ago, gwhit said:

Have they been dropped from being added? Because back when A19 experiential was first launched they said it was almost complete and need a little more work but would be added later before A19 Experiential was out. But now we are months into A19 stable and not even a word I can find on the progress of this.

I just saw some work on the drone logged in by Madmole, himself. I am not at liberty to say what it was but I can assure you that it is being actively developed and is not being dropped or anything like that. Perhaps if you go to the dev diary and ask him directly what he has been doing to work on the drone, he might share. :)

On 10/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Danidas said:

The Junk Drone was officially moved back to A20 as they are rethinking parts of it to make it more modular. Which needs a lot more work to improve the current mod system to allow it and also vehicle mods.

Basically as a result the default Junk Drone will be nothing more than a cargo mule to bare your burdens. While allowing you to upgrade it with various mods to add more features to it. Such as being able to attack zombies or heal you to more cargo space and so forth to fit your needs. 

In other words instead of just being a flying turret companion it is getting more fleshed out to be even cooler then before.  

Ah that actually sucks pretty hard. Played a bunch of A19 exp with friends and we ended up taking a break to wait for junk drones to work their way into the game since they were planned for 19.2. Feels like a lot of cool stuff that gets announced ends up getting pushed back.

I'm not sure how I feel about Junk Drones.  Unless they add in something with similar strengths to the other trees I feel like it will unbalance Int from the rest.  I could definitely be wrong and won't know anything for sure until more information is released.  Right now the idea of having two drones that fly around you constantly that can be set to attack any near by enemies, carry excess loot, or heal you by themselves feels really strong.  Again, I'll have to wait and see how TFP's team implement them to see if they are really unbalancing or not. 

On 10/3/2020 at 11:11 AM, Danidas said:

Oh my!! It will gonna be a flying Lydia!!

Wait... can we marry the junk drone?

Archived