Does DegradationPerUse have any purpose?

xxx73

Hi

I try to understand what purpose DegradationPerUse have in regards to weapons and tools.

For ammo it is great to have to create different ammo with different degradation.

I see some weapons/tools that have higher than 1 in DegradationPerUse setting, and I understand that it have something to do with how much the item degrade when used.
But what I don't understand is what use it have.

I want to set all weapons/tools to DegradationMax to 1, and just adjust DegradationMax accordingly.

This make it very easy to compare and I can very easy make edits to my liking when balancing/adding more weapons/tools.

In my head it go like this:

Example 1
DegradationMax = 100
DegradationPerUse = 1
= use 100 times before repair.

Example 2
DegradationMax = 1000
DegradationPerUse = 10

Is this completely wrong understanding?

5 minutes ago, xxx73 said:

Hi

I try to understand what purpose DegradationPerUse have in regards to weapons and tools. For ammo it is nice to have to create different ammo with different degradation.

I see some weapons/tools that have higher than 1 in DegradationPerUse setting, and I understand that it have something to do with how much the item degrade when used.
But what I don't understand is what the use of it is.

I want to set all weapons/tools to DegradationMax to 1, and just adjust DegradationMax accordingly.

This make it very easy to compare and I can very easy make edits to my liking when adding more weapons/tools.

In my head it go like this:

Example 1
DegradationMax = 100
DegradationPerUse = 1

Example 2
DegradationMax = 1000
DegradationPerUse = 10

Is this completely wrong understanding?

Your assumptions in the examples look correct to me. At least that's the experience I had when I was messing with these values for my own purposes.

Your examples are correct. It looks like they streamlined it more in A19. I remember before a lot of items had a high Max, but the PerUse was like 5 or something. I guess it was easier to use perc increases and decreases with a larger PerUse, but they went the other way and streamlined almost everything to just use PerUse=1 and adjust the Max down accordingly.

Either way works. :)

Archived