Are the specs listed in the sticky still valid?

BFT2020

My apologies if this was answered before (I did search the forum for specifications but a lot of the posts were from someone saying you don’t meet the minimum specifications. 😀 )

I am going to build a new computer and want to make sure I take into account the specs for this game.  I can still play the game today but a lot of the newer options I have to set to low.  Anything I build today should be miles better than my current build (10 years old).

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Vampirenostra said:

Maybe you can even come up with some RECOMMENDED : low/medium/high/ultra specs? In terms of desktops of course as you can not predict all the variety of laptops with all the thermal issues they've got even inside one single model range))) Firee up 7D2D TT))

Yes, the plan is to give it more real-world values in regards to specific chipsets.  This is still on my to-do list.

With most laptop CPU's, you have to assume that it's slower than the desktop chip by half. for example, the i7-9700k versus the i7-9700H... The Latptop chip is actually 63% slower on average than the same chip on the desktop.

17 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Yes, the plan is to give it more real-world values in regards to specific chipsets.  This is still on my to-do list.

With most laptop CPU's, you have to assume that it's slower than the desktop chip by half. for example, the i7-9700k versus the i7-9700H... The Latptop chip is actually 63% slower on average than the same chip on the desktop.

Which is why I only build desktops for gaming.  Been doing computer builds since 2000 (I purchased a Gateway in 1998 and regretted it - since then each iteration has been built from the ground up by me).

I checked out the specs on the Steam page and will be shooting for the recommended.  I try to get my computer to last at least 5 years though the last build went 10 years since I was willing to use low settings  :-)

Thanks all

On 9/8/2020 at 2:09 AM, SylenThunder said:

And the freaking throttling! We will never tire of repeating it))

• 3 weeks later...

Archived