Parkour

SuaveSlob

While I love this maxed-out perk for all the different benefits, I'd have to admit that I wish there was an option to jump normally while going through low ceiling enviornments or other situations. I understand the whole 'not holding jump for as long' to not jump as crazy high but I feel like there should be another option. Maybe a crouch jump?

I love getting Parkour.  It is hands down one of my favorite perks but that extra jump height can be a pain at times.  I started carrying around a stack of wooden blocks set as ramps whenever I needed to get up a one block height.  Sometimes easier to just throw down a block and walk up then trying to make the jump lol.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:26 PM, Sjustus548 said:

I love getting Parkour.  It is hands down one of my favorite perks but that extra jump height can be a pain at times.  I started carrying around a stack of wooden blocks set as ramps whenever I needed to get up a one block height.  Sometimes easier to just throw down a block and walk up then trying to make the jump lol.

I have a love/hate relationship with it as well. There is this one jump on the back of a crack-a-book, going from a dumpster to ladder to the roof, without enough Parkour I can't make it . . . and with too much Parkour I can't make it. There are lots of situations where I bang my head on something when Parkour is maxed, miss the jump, and then have to remind myself to not hit the spacebar so hard . . . which is challenging with my keyboard.

I don't quite have the points to try it myself in my current game, doesn't it also increase crouch-jump to a single block (versus half a block without)?  At least with Parkour 2 which is as far as I ever perk into it...or maybe there's a skill book that is doing that...but I was pretty sure it's Parkour.

Edit...it is indeed a skill book

22 hours ago, Ezed said:

I don't quite have the points to try it myself in my current game, doesn't it also increase crouch-jump to a single block (versus half a block without)?  At least with Parkour 2 which is as far as I ever perk into it...or maybe there's a skill book that is doing that...but I was pretty sure it's Parkour.

There is a skill book that makes jumping from stealth the same as a standing jump, but as far as I know nothing else that affects stealth jumping.

17 minutes ago, Reckis said:

There is a skill book that makes jumping from stealth the same as a standing jump, but as far as I know nothing else that affects stealth jumping.

Ya, I literally just noticed that 2 minutes ago and came here to post same...Urban Combat 4. 

Doesn't bother me enough to care to be honest.  The benefits of Parkour as it is, far outweigh a slight annoyance in those few situations where I bump my head....and once I  find that skill book, it's a complete non-issue. 

I've got other, bigger issues with the game lol

12 hours ago, SuaveSlob said:

How would you survivors go about this? Would you make it some hotkey? Would you make it a charge-up and release skill? Would you change it at all? 🤔

I would add a modifier key so that modifier+jump would do an 'half jump'. Or make parkour and crouch interact so that jumping from crouch is that half-jump. 

Just making it to where you don't rebound off of things when you jump too much would fix most of this. 

If I am wanting to jump up one block, and their is a ceiling above me, it's like it's made of rubber and bounces me back further than where I started.  Making it just let you 'slide' into the spot would work.  Same way if I want to jump into a hole in a wall, but with parkour I jump above the hole....instead of rebounding backwards, I just slide down the wall and into the hole.

Archived