stun baton weapon tiers???

SJ69

So I am playing a intelligence build and realized the stun baton has no tiered weapons.  Every other weapon has multiple tiers example: pistol, magnum, desert vulture...wood club, baseball bat, steel mace.  But rather than pointing out a problem and saying fix it I've come up with what I hope is a clever solution.

1. Add tasers as T1. I causes very little impact/physical damage but causes a automatic stun on the zombies governed by the stun baton mechanics. That way you will have to stun the mobs several times to kill them but the stun lasts longer and does more damage the higher your intelligence and perks into Electrocutioner.  The animation could be as simple as the animation for punching while holding the taser.

2. T2 can remain as is with the stun baton.

3.  Add a cattle prod for T3.  More physical damage compared to T2 and guaranteed stun but weapon has a low durability so it will have to be repaired more often. As far as the animation the spear thrust could be used for this weapon.

4. This is just an added bonus but maybe a game mechanic that uses the car batteries we find or make as ammo/power for the stun weapons. that way it gives us more incentive to make batteries and use generators to charge our batteries back up. We would be more incentivized to perk into the intelligence tree with this mechanic.  Plus lets face it the batteries are kinda under utilized in 7D2D.  We can use any tier battery to make our vehicles so we just wrench until we get one from a car and then literally scrap the rest for lead until we want to use a battery bank for our bases but lets face it the gas powered generators are better over all and have no down side to running one over battery banks. Plus it's so easy to mine up shale for gas. That's just my opinion though.

3 minutes ago, SJ69 said:

So I am playing a intelligence build and realized the stun baton has no tiered weapons.  Every other weapon has multiple tiers example: pistol, magnum, desert vulture...wood club, baseball bat, steel mace.  But rather than pointing out a problem and saying fix it I've come up with what I hope is a clever solution.

1. Add tasers as T1. I causes very little impact/physical damage but causes a automatic stun on the zombies governed by the stun baton mechanics. That way you will have to stun the mobs several times to kill them but the stun lasts longer and does more damage the higher your intelligence and perks into Electrocutioner.  The animation could be as simple as the animation for punching while holding the taser.

2. T2 can remain as is with the stun baton.

3.  Add a cattle prod for T3.  More physical damage compared to T2 and guaranteed stun but weapon has a low durability so it will have to be repaired more often. As far as the animation the spear thrust could be used for this weapon.

4. This is just an added bonus but maybe a game mechanic that uses the car batteries we find or make as ammo/power for the stun weapons. that way it gives us more incentive to make batteries and use generators to charge our batteries back up. We would be more incentivized to perk into the intelligence tree with this mechanic.  Plus lets face it the batteries are kinda under utilized in 7D2D.  We can use any tier battery to make our vehicles so we just wrench until we get one from a car and then literally scrap the rest for lead until we want to use a battery bank for our bases but lets face it the gas powered generators are better over all and have no down side to running one over battery banks. Plus it's so easy to mine up shale for gas. That's just my opinion though.

My name is Sydious and I support this message.

Any love for the stun baton and for batteries <insert Jen's secret stash joke here> is fine by me. I do miss the days when dropping in a 450 motor instead of a 370 would give you an extra 0.2 m/s on the minibike, and the batteries in it would drain over time. I have never gotten far enough in a single game to make the solar cell/battery bank setup feasible. Easy enough to bury a generator under ground far enough away so it's not buzzing in my ear.

I'm all for more stuff, but I think the reason why INT's weapon isn't in a tier is because of the junk robotics and the upcoming drone.
I wouldn't mind needing batteries for this stuff. Not sure if car batteries is the way to go with that though.
Maybe they have built-in batteries, and you need to charge them at charging station connected to a generator.

After testing the stun baton with max skill in it and just a repulser mod in it, I can say that thing is very strong; add nerd tats to it and you become a god lol. Dont forget it's a one hander, so flurry of blows also counts for it. I think that's why Int doesn't have much on weaponry, it's got all the turrets and sometime drone, faster cheaper crafting and all of that.

Archived