Crowd funding

Medicmike

Hi there, I have a team of 3 people looking to start a crowd funded event for 7 days to die (console). The purpose is to help “The Fun Pimps” to obtain the funds they need to support updating the console edition to current gen for pc and for future updates. The crowd funding would involve a raffle for those who make donations. I’m looking for feedback from both public and from the fun pimps. I have a website designer who will manage everything during the duration of the crowd funding event. Hoping to hear back from everyone and looking forward to starting this process

I truly love this game and would love to see it upgraded to the "new generation" of consoles. I personally would not mind loosing all my previous data, if they update the game or bring a whole new version of the game to the next generation of consoles! This game was way ahead of its time! With the power and processing speed of the new consoles, this game has unlimited potential! I personally hope this crowd funding gets traction!   Lets put the "FUN" back in "The Fun Pimps"!!!

Once the PC version is finished, TFP would like to find a new publisher to handle porting it to the consoles. It cannot be an update to the current version due to Sony/MS rules regarding save wipes, so it will have to be a new release.

Looking at some of the optimization happening in a20, it might be possible to get it onto the current-gen consoles, but will be really close given the lack of CPU power. Most likely it will only be available on the next generation.

With that being said, would it help to create a fund in anticipation for next gen console? Are you someone who works with the fun pimps? The idea in donation would be in hopes for console updates. But it can also propel them to have a finished product to sell!

1 minute ago, Medicmike said:

With that being said, would it help to create a fund in anticipation for next gen console? Are you someone who works with the fun pimps? The idea in donation would be in hopes for console updates. But it can also propel them to have a finished product to sell!

I'm sure they appreciate the gesture but I don't think throwing money at them will make it happen any more/less.  Rick already mentioned his intentions with the future of consoles and even the possibility of cross play.

Of course all of that are just desires which of course are subject to change between now and when the PC version is complete.  Just my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, Medicmike said:

Personally, it probably wouldn't do much. No I don't work to TFP. I've just been helping out with support for PC and Console since 2014, assist the internal testers with finding bugs and testing builds, and moderate on the forums, Reddit, and Discord.

This is all on the assumption that the only thing holding TFP back from publishing updates to the current version or starting work on a new version for consoles is lack of funding. This is not a case of TFP just waiting for funds to come through so they can release the console kraken. TFP is not ready to do what they did back in Alpha 14 again where they split their attention between the platforms. They won't consider a port even if they have money to do so and a publishing partner happy to go for it-- until the PC game is done and final. They have no interest in porting a moving target over to consoles again. Once they can say,"This set of code is 7 Days to Die" then they will be interested to see where it can find a home beyond the PC.

When they are ready to do it, if they need funds, THEY will initiate crowd funding for their own project. People trust that their pledge is going to help the developers when they give it to those developers. Giving money to some third party that has no formal relationship with the developers and who were never asked to gather such money is sketchy at best. Please don't go through with this.

Best would be to wait until TFP is ready to proceed and if an announcement is made for a crowd funding campagn, then at that point direct everyone you can to support that.

I’d say at this point, if TFP said go for it then I would. But based on the feedback, it doesn’t sound like there would be much traction. It does appear sketchy, nor can I prove myself trustworthy in the world of internet. So, thank you for the feedback and let’s hope for a prosperous future for TFP.

On 8/26/2020 at 4:57 AM, Medicmike said:

I’d say at this point, if TFP said go for it then I would. But based on the feedback, it doesn’t sound like there would be much traction. It does appear sketchy, nor can I prove myself trustworthy in the world of internet. So, thank you for the feedback and let’s hope for a prosperous future for TFP.

Good thought though. I would love nothing more than to see the console version catch up with PC. 

Just keep eyes out for what Roland said above, if they need crowd funding, I'll definitely be there as well.

Archived