Loot.xml - count & prob no respected

Hello, there's something I don't understand... Is it right for example with:

<lootcontainer id="777" count="1,7"...

<item name="resourceFeather" count="3" prob="0.49"/>

This count="1,7" said a random of 1-7 items from the full list?

Or for each items can be looted 7 times in one stack? & so if the loot is spawn, min 3 & max 21 feather will be looted?

Because I mod to have more eggs from 2 value "foodEgg" in loot.xml:

<lootgroup name="coldfood">
    <item name="foodEgg" count="6,12" prob="0.49"/>

<lootgroup name="groupBirdNest"...
    <item name="foodEgg" count="1,6" prob="0.49"/>

But it game, I can have more than 6 or 12 eggs, whatever level 1-300 & skill no point set or all set... (the % loot always 100%)

So please, do I miss something to change?

Well, it's easy to understand, I just add/change count/prob for foodEgg directly in loot.xml...

<item name="foodBlueberryPie"/>
    <item name="foodMeatStew"/>
    <item name="foodRawMeat" count="5,10"/>
    <item name="foodRottingFlesh" count="5,10"/>
    <item name="foodCropCorn"/>
    <item name="foodCropPotato"/>
    <item name="foodCropBlueberries"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupBirdNest" count="1,2">
    <item name="resourceFeather" count="1,5" prob="0.75"/>
</lootgroup>

50 minutes ago, Life_For_Dead said:

Well, it's easy to understand, I just add/change count/prob for foodEgg directly in loot.xml...

<item name="foodBlueberryPie"/>
    <item name="foodMeatStew"/>
    <item name="foodRawMeat" count="5,10"/>
    <item name="foodRottingFlesh" count="5,10"/>
    <item name="foodCropCorn"/>
    <item name="foodCropPotato"/>
    <item name="foodCropBlueberries"/>
</lootgroup>

</lootgroup>

the count in the lootgroup element means how many of possible items can you find....so with "groupBirdNest" count 1,2 means that you can find both of items in one bird nest or only one, if count is not specified then only 1 item of said group can be found (which item is totally random, that's what prob is for)

the count in the specific item means how many of that specific item can you find, 1-6 means random number between 1 and 6 inclusive

6 hours ago, appenius said:

the count in the lootgroup element means how many of possible items can you find....so with "groupBirdNest" count 1,2 means that you can find both of items in one bird nest or only one, if count is not specified then only 1 item of said group can be found (which item is totally random, that's what prob is for)

the count in the specific item means how many of that specific item can you find, 1-6 means random number between 1 and 6 inclusive

If I understand well, example for groupBirdNest with a count=1,2, if the loot is spawn:

- with a count=1 from lootgroup, we can loot, min 1 foodegg or 1 resourceFeather, max 6 foodegg or 5 resourceFeather

- with a count=2 from lootgroup, we can loot, min 2 foodegg or 2 resourceFeather or 1 for each, max 12 foodegg or 10 resourceFeather or 6 foodegg + 5 resourceFeather

So just to understand a little more, is it possible to set something instead of "count=" by something like "min=" & "max="  or another way?

To force to never have more than the maximum we set like this:

<lootgroup name="coldfood" count="1,3">
    <item name="foodEgg" min="6" max="12" prob="0.49"/>
    <item name="foodRawMeat" count="1,4"/>
    <item name="foodRottingFlesh" count="2,6"/>
</lootgroup>

Because I try this:

<item name="foodEgg" min="1" max="6" prob="0.49"/>
</lootgroup>

I built in speed a prefab with only many birdnest, I spawn it in navezgane, I got no error red/yellow from console but in game, egg's loot never up more than 2 or unlucky...

1 hour ago, Life_For_Dead said:

If I understand well, example for groupBirdNest with a count=1,2, if the loot is spawn:

- with a count=1 from lootgroup, we can loot, min 1 foodegg or 1 resourceFeather, max 6 foodegg or 5 resourceFeather

- with a count=2 from lootgroup, we can loot, min 2 foodegg or 2 resourceFeather or 1 for each, max 12 foodegg or 10 resourceFeather or 6 foodegg + 5 resourceFeather

So just to understand a little more, is it possible to set something instead of "count=" by something like "min=" & "max="  or another way?

</lootgroup>

Because I try this:

</lootgroup>

I built in speed a prefab with only many birdnest, I spawn it in navezgane, I got no error red/yellow from console but in game, egg's loot never up more than 2 or unlucky...

If you tried to use "min" or "max" and the game isn't programmed to understand this, those values are just ignored. Don't invent syntax that isn't there.

You probably want:

<item name="foodEgg" count="1,3" prob="0.49"/>
</lootgroup>

This would mean maximum 6 eggs.

More complicated distributions can be realized with sub-lootgroups or adding "cobweb" as a  nothing-item (at least I think "cobweb" just adds nothing) or maybe count="0,3" might work, I didn't test that though.

3 hours ago, Life_For_Dead said:

</lootgroup>

Because I try this:

</lootgroup>

Hi Life_For_Dead

Adding min and max doesn't work like @ meganoth said, the game skips it or it may create error.
You could leave it alone like this:

<item name="foodEgg" prob="0.49"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name = "groupBirdNest" count = "1,2">
     <item name = "foodEgg" prob = "0.49" />
     <item name = "resourceFeather" count = "1.5" prob = "0.75" />
</lootgroup>

The minimum that gives you eggs is 1, you just have to increase the probability, so that when looting you always get eggs, I have it in my mod like this.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:57 PM, Life_For_Dead said:

no that is not right (as far as I know), if you set count to 2 in lootgroup that has 2 items that mean you always get both of the items

as far as min and max values, it was already said that game does not understand these properties so it just ignores them, but count property is essentially merged min and max together, the first number is minimum and last maximum

Archived