Player storage chests outside structures

Ghost23

I’m building a new base and would prefer to begin storing supplies at this location. If I place chests on the ground nearby, will they (and their contents) be stable even though they aren’t inside a building? (A19 b169)

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Ghost23 said:

I’m building a new base and would prefer to begin storing supplies at this location. If I place chests on the ground nearby, will they (and their contents) be stable even though they aren’t inside a building? (A19 b169)

Thanks in advance.

If you're asking if your chest will be destroyed then the answer is no, they are perfectly fine sitting outside. Zombie don't specifically target them and weather doesn't affect them. Hope that's what you were asking.

One thing to be careful with is quests though, they reset a POI once activated.

So if you loot on the way to a quest, decide to drop some stuff in a chest *inside the POI's area*, and then start the quest, it could disappear. Better to put it on the road outside of the lot.

6 hours ago, Junuxx said:

How do you mean stable enough?

Basically this:

6 hours ago, 14U2NV said:

If you're asking if your chest will be destroyed then the answer is no, they are perfectly fine sitting outside. Zombie don't specifically target them and weather doesn't affect them. Hope that's what you were asking.

Didn’t know if the environment, zombies or wildlife could destroy them.

Appreciate the warnings about chests near quest POI’s also.

8 hours ago, Ghost23 said:

Basically this:

Didn’t know if the environment, zombies or wildlife could destroy them.

Appreciate the warnings about chests near quest POI’s also.

A good way to test is to place a bedroll next to the chest before starting the quest, it doesnt start if have an bedroll in the quest area.

Archived