Friend chat

zombiedude

It's not that you can't use Vchat, you just would rather employ an ingame chat tool that allows for surreptitious communications to only a privileged few that you deem worthy. Got it. The developers need to change THEIR game so YOU can be happy.

Are you retarded? most your post is a load drivel.

... maybe instead of applying your own idiocy to what has been suggested you would realize that chat channels and easier way of communicating with friends etc is not something I'd see a game developer inherently making into a feature that privileged few can use.. would be kinda stupid making such a feature if that was the case.

Just in case you missed it again, I'm well abreast of the topic. So much so I think i'm ahead of you by about 3 pages in this script. Why else would you be fumbling along the way you have been with your personal attacks against someone who simply chose to offer up a counterpoint to what the OP asked for.

you are 3 pages ahead are you? and what counter point? the one where voip can be used. Got it.. gj amazing counter point.. woopdee do

There's nothin' wrong with making a suggestion that you would like to see implemented, but you're going about it way wrong. Commenting the way you are, insulting the Dev's perceived ability and pullin' the A-typical forum threat response whenever someone comes along with a counter-thought is starting to paint you in a drab brownish-green. Personally I would aim for a periwinkle or a nice cerulean.

Exactly where ? go look at the posts I made in this topic, backing up the op on his suggestion, along with unity addon along the lines of something would be a help for the multiplayer, the chat/friends system could indeed with improvements perhaps you don't see that. And the other was just remark about 'another' game developer who didn't see much importance in game text messages and how that has turned out.

It isn't as if people can't use teamspeak, raidcall, or a number of other voice clients. For that, and giving the amount of dev time available to make improvements is finite, I'd prefer they pass on voice comms.

An improved text chat interface might be nice.

Let's hug it out, guys...

Im with you on this Guppy :)

Zombiedude pointed out it could be nice to have feature. Thats all. Nothing else.

Your reasons to not have it, are all valid. Just keep in mind, that Zombiedude was just suggesting a idea for an improvement.

The developers have said in the past that most people play in single player and small group sessions, and a 2014 Survey of online gamers showed that, on a scale of 1 - 5, with 1 being "never", and 5 being "all the time", gamers reported a mean of 4.08 for voice chat use.

So yeah, likely less than 1 percent of people, because they have to fit all of the following categories:

1) They have to be playing a game with someone else. In other words, you're probably not going to be sending private chats in your single player game, or in your server game where you're the only player online.

2) They aren't co-located or in voice communication with the other players already.

3) They have a need for a private channel of communications.

So yeah, this is most likely true. But it doesnt take away the point of having it, as a nice to have feature.

It really depends on, which type of person you are. :)

So basically, what im saying is.

Zombiedude came with a nice to have feature, some people are against, and some people are for. :)

So, I found another reason I dislike in game chat... my daughter recently got into minecraft, and the in game chat is insane. Like, seriously spammy. Just saying.

Thats why you have a friends chat only with the option to ignore global like every decent game.

Yes. I am adding absolute constructive feedback after reading the entire thread. As far as the times where you can't use voice - Unless you are deaf/mute don't bother trying to 'splain to me why Vchat can't be used. I would know because I game with a few ppl that can't Vchat cuz' of that whole 'deaf' thing. We're not talkin' about can't. We're talkin' about something you want implemented. It's not that you can't use Vchat, you just would rather employ an ingame chat tool that allows for surreptitious communications to only a privileged few that you deem worthy. Got it. The developers need to change THEIR game so YOU can be happy.

Just in case you missed it again, I'm well abreast of the topic. So much so I think i'm ahead of you by about 3 pages in this script. Why else would you be fumbling along the way you have been with your personal attacks against someone who simply chose to offer up a counterpoint to what the OP asked for. Isn't the whole forum thing a chance for discussion and what-not? Are you honestly telling me and the rest here that there's no need for anyone else to speak their mind?

Check yer' sodium lvls bruh.

'Supposed to'... Hmmm. I wonder about that. Are you sure it was written down somewhere that all game developers are supposed to do something that's been done before or is this more of an issue where you liked something that Developer A, B and C did and you would like to see Developer D follow suit? As far as objectively stupid... With what relatable terms have you provided exactly? Other than what you feel should be done I'm not exactly sure how the process of adding something to 7DtD changed from "...I would like it if they" to "...better do this or else." Last time I checked someone typing on a keyboard incessantly is just as much an irritation to certain ppl as is speaking into a Mic. I'm still on the fence whether this is good for the game - or just good for you.

There's nothin' wrong with making a suggestion that you would like to see implemented, but you're going about it way wrong. Commenting the way you are, insulting the Dev's perceived ability and pullin' the A-typical forum threat response whenever someone comes along with a counter-thought is starting to paint you in a drab brownish-green. Personally I would aim for a periwinkle or a nice cerulean.

You said "just move your bedroom to another place if you cant speak quietly at night".

Jesus christ, don't you see how dumb you sound.

Exactly where ? go look at the posts I made in this topic, backing up the op on his suggestion, along with unity addon along the lines of something would be a help for the multiplayer, the chat/friends system could indeed with improvements perhaps you don't see that. And the other was just remark about 'another' game developer who didn't see much importance in game text messages and how that has turned out.

Yeah, you're just a pillar of support and encouragement.... Here's your first foray into this thread:

its like the guys whole point for making this topic was completely lost after the first reply.

something like this would be less crap than the current chat system http://u3d.as/content/hahaha-brilliant-games/mmo-chat/4TY

The argument that almost everyone has been making is that the majority of people see a lot of other things as higher priorities, given the availability of voice chat. Things that we've been told are in the near future of development, things like electricity, a minibike, skills and NPCs, and new zombies.

And, no matter how much you seem to think that coders can just whip up anything in an afternoon, (because Tony Stark did it or whatever), that's usually not the case.

So unless it's really easy, a special chat channel for the weekly meetings of the can't wake mommy club can probably wait a major patch or two, considering you have a ridiculous array of possible options for communication available, including but not limited to Skype, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, Steam Chat, IRC, telegrams through western Union, Astral Projection, and quantum entanglement.

Yeah, you're just a pillar of support and encouragement.... Here's your first foray into this thread:

The argument that almost everyone has been making is that the majority of people see a lot of other things as higher priorities, given the availability of voice chat. Things that we've been told are in the near future of development, things like electricity, a minibike, skills and NPCs, and new zombies.

And, no matter how much you seem to think that coders can just whip up anything in an afternoon, (because Tony Stark did it or whatever), that's usually not the case.

So unless it's really easy, a special chat channel for the weekly meetings of the can't wake mommy club can probably wait a major patch or two, considering you have a ridiculous array of possible options for communication available, including but not limited to Skype, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, Steam Chat, IRC, telegrams through western Union, Astral Projection, and quantum entanglement.

They don't need to code barely anything, just implement any of the scripts already available and implement it. A lot of people want this, i dont care about your so called statistics. I keep going to servers and i keep seeing people talking in the global chat all the time, sometimes told to stfu because they aren't speaking english. All of that would be solved with friend chat option.

You said "just move your bedroom to another place if you cant speak quietly at night".

Jesus christ, don't you see how dumb you sound.

Actually I said don't park your 'PC' near your parent's bedroom...

See, if you're gonna' cite something that's been written on the internet, at least use it in it's correct format or else you look like.. well... You.

I'd call on whatever deity you subscribe to but I don't think it would matter at this point. Quit while you're behind zombieguy, this is just gettin' painful to watch at this point.

...wait. Painful, or awkward? I'm not sure really. I'll ask Lowf for a ruling.

Because the op's topic point was missed from the get go.

Fixing the chat instead of disabling clients from seeing color codes would have been really easy, TFP rather disable than fix stuff. So whats your point, no one is allowed to make feature suggestions unless it fits your idea of what is higher priority? Get real.

And they can tab out or use steam messaging for those on there friend list out of game, to communicate directly via text, because doing it in game requires using a most rudimentary chat system or console to pm and typing out what can be some crazy steam playernames or id's.

I keep going to servers and i keep seeing people talking in the global chat all the time, sometimes told to stfu because they aren't speaking english. All of that would be solved with friend chat option.

just another reason, group channels makes sense to some... not much thought from the hermit trolls it seems. They'd rather poo poo on suggestions without much thought.

See, if you're gonna' cite something that's been written on the internet, at least use it in it's correct format or else you look like.. well... You.

Mean like how you do right? ...at least try follow your own advice.

Actually I said don't park your 'PC' near your parent's bedroom...

I'd call on whatever deity you subscribe to but I don't think it would matter at this point. Quit while you're behind zombieguy, this is just gettin' painful to watch at this point.

...wait. Painful, or awkward? I'm not sure really. I'll ask Lowf for a ruling.

you are trying too hard to come up with excuses to not add friend chat.

But 0 percent is totally legit. 'Kay.

The developers have said in the past that most people play in single player and small group sessions, and a 2014 Survey of online gamers showed that, on a scale of 1 - 5, with 1 being "never", and 5 being "all the time", gamers reported a mean of 4.08 for voice chat use.

So yeah, likely less than 1 percent of people, because they have to fit all of the following categories:

1) They have to be playing a game with someone else. In other words, you're probably not going to be sending private chats in your single player game, or in your server game where you're the only player online.

2) They aren't co-located or in voice communication with the other players already.

3) They have a need for a private channel of communications.

So yeah, it's rough if your mom is going to come in and make you go to bed or whatever, but the rest of us would rather see electricity and zombie bears.

must have been a while ago, like a month ago, ppl were chatting ALL the time in MP when i was online. And 90% were not of any interest for me. the other 10% were about asking if someones forge is working on servers that aren´t restarted regulary.

also to the guy who thinks this is just wanted because "don´t wake my mummy" pls tells yours she failed in education. there is a LOT more reasons than that. see above 90% of chat that was of no interest for me. How about ppl in relationships? ever thought about, that your SO is not interested in the game and would like to watch TV while you game? or read a book? Not every gamer is single and living alone.

must have been a while ago, like a month ago, ppl were chatting ALL the time in MP when i was online. And 90% were not of any interest for me. the other 10% were about asking if someones forge is working on servers that aren´t restarted regulary.

also to the guy who thinks this is just wanted because "don´t wake my mummy" pls tells yours she failed in education. there is a LOT more reasons than that. see above 90% of chat that was of no interest for me. How about ppl in relationships? ever thought about, that your SO is not interested in the game and would like to watch TV while you game? or read a book? Not every gamer is single and living alone.

thats what some of the guys here don't seem to get

Not every gamer lives in a one-room efficiency and lacks the neurological capacity to speak quietly into a headset, either.

"There are a LOT more reasons than that, you mean," he said, avoiding a failure in education.

Sure, I can think of a half a dozen reasons why people wouldn't use voice chat. And nobody is saying that someday, those people shouldn't have special Princess chat channels all for themselves. But most players wouldn't agree with you, because they rarely (if ever) use text communication, and would rather see something better implemented first. Because, for the rest of use, stopping to type a text message is a really great way to get killed.

And since explaining this over text is clearly failing to get this through all of your thick skulls, maybe you should all consider popping onto voice chat so someone could explain it to you there.

Not every gamer lives in a one-room efficiency and lacks the neurological capacity to speak quietly into a headset, either.

"There are a LOT more reasons than that, you mean," he said, avoiding a failure in education.

Sure, I can think of a half a dozen reasons why people wouldn't use voice chat. And nobody is saying that someday, those people shouldn't have special Princess chat channels all for themselves. But most players wouldn't agree with you, because they rarely (if ever) use text communication, and would rather see something better implemented first. Because, for the rest of use, stopping to type a text message is a really great way to get killed.

And since explaining this over text is clearly failing to get this through all of your thick skulls, maybe you should all consider popping onto voice chat so someone could explain it to you there.

Not every gamer wants to whisper to their friends at night like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥. Again, just ♥♥♥♥ing drop it, there are no valid excuses to not add friend chat. There's people using text chat globally in every server. You are wasting your time.

just ignore him, that guy is a thick skulled moron.

nah, not bothering anymore now. other topic he babbled about not getting streetcred for "easy" mode. so yeah, pointless.

and to all other ppl who say voicechat: i wear a freaking headset all day. not wearing it in my freetime for sure. and nowadays callcenters are everywhere, including a lot of ppl wearing headsets for 8 hours a day. so yeah, i am pretty sure i am not alone on this. maybe here in the forums but surely not overall.

theres already mechansims for chatting, skype, vent, more i wont bother mentioning. Yes global is annoying i wish i could toggle it off so i dont have to see the useless babbling or answer pointless questions. Next someone will want whispers and guild chat and if that happens ill want a toggle to kill those too. How about having the text to speech, so microsoft sam drones on and on in your speakers, wouldnt that be a hoot/not

Right now the only protection we have for annoying chatters is spawning cops and dogs on them untill they leave /giggles

theres already mechansims for chatting, skype, vent, more i wont bother mentioning. Yes global is annoying i wish i could toggle it off so i dont have to see the useless babbling or answer pointless questions. Next someone will want whispers and guild chat and if that happens ill want a toggle to kill those too. How about having the text to speech, so microsoft sam drones on and on in your speakers, wouldnt that be a hoot/not

Right now the only protection we have for annoying chatters is spawning cops and dogs on them untill they leave /giggles

I agree, friend chat is a must.

I'm the opposite; I dislike in game chat and consider skype and the like a form of cheating. You want to signal your friends? Build a fire. You want to leave them a flag? Build a rock formation.

It's just more realistic that way. Any 3rd party advantages to me, are cheating.

My opinion only, and I recognize I'm probably alone. :)

When you are joining game where a gang of people are running around using skype, teamspeak or stuff like it , yea it feels like cheating. But if you are part of that gang it feels really cool. Comunication is important. I hope they will add good ingame comunication options with different public channels. It could be like radio. Channel 1, channel 2 .... and so on. Text somebody to switch radio to channel 2 and talk.

Everyone can also download the cheat dll, doesn't make it not cheating.

Define cheating, I suspect I can make the argument.

dude what's wrong with you? whisper chat? it's a game mechanic, very simple to not force players to use skype and lag...

I have no idea how on earth you see it as cheating unless you play only pvp and well.... that's your personal problem.

your deni to his thread is insane, makes no sense at all.

you made your point, you don't have to post 5 messages trying to prove it. everyone has their opinion. you think it's cheating good now shh.

Archived