Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

15 hours ago, xxx73 said:

Ok very nice, I try to add Damage_received to the traps, thats the only setting I know that have to do with that.

yeh if you add this -

<property name="Damage_received" value="33"/> <!-- due to passthrough damage this must be exactly equal to the block hit points -->

maybe change the value it should damage the trap when a z walks on it. I will get to it soon tho

OK thank you again. Im trying to understand how this work. If I just add Damage_received nothing seem to happen. In another thread it was said that the traps have to inflict direct damage to be able to receive damage, but your traps do that, but still dont work. But the fire trap take damage and break down properly, also the fire spike and the spike adhesive work properly, but I cant find out why it dont work for the pressure plate traps.

Another thing, I really liked the idea using mods to craft this traps, nice way to create some kind of balance.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, xxx73 said:

OK thank you again. Im trying to understand how this work. If I just add Damage_received nothing seem to happen. In another thread it was said that the traps have to inflict direct damage to be able to receive damage, but your traps do that, but still dont work. But the fire trap take damage and break down properly, also the fire spike and the spike adhesive work properly, but I cant find out why it dont work for the pressure plate traps.

Another thing, I really liked the idea using mods to craft this traps, nice way to create some kind of balance.

I will take a look when I get time and see what I can do for you

UPDATED:

VALMARS EXPANDED TRAPS.

FIXED:
Gave damage to the traps so they do break.

You can adjust them in the blocks.xml in the config file.

<property name="Damage" value="1" /> ( how much the trap damages the entity)
        <property name="Damage_received" value="1" />(how much the entity damages the trap)

<property name="MaxDamage" value="168"/>(total amount of damage of trap before trap breaks)

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Yeah I have set up some new values, will be interesting to see how it goes, balancing things like this is difficult.
Im going to try what you did here on the catapult trap Im trying to resurrect.
I see that you removed the repair items, I try to keep it as it was, nice to be able to repair.

1 hour ago, xxx73 said:

Yeah I have set up some new values, will be interesting to see how it goes, balancing things like this is difficult.
Im going to try what you did here on the catapult trap Im trying to resurrect.
I see that you removed the repair items, I try to keep it as it was, nice to be able to repair.

i didnt remove the repair i only added the damage stuff to it lol. but yeh repairing them be a good idea.

I'm not sure why, but for me the traps still dont take any damage.
To do a proper test, I removed my tweaked version of your mod, and used your mod with no edits or changes, just put it into mod folder. Then I spread the traps out as in the picture below, and spawned a few hundred zeds a few times, and let them run around on the traps. Still the traps is there, no damage is to be seen on anything.

Then I did a 2nd test, I damaged all the traps until it was only 20-40 HP left, then I put hundreds of zeds on top of that, still no damage taken, all the traps had same HP as before the test.

Maybe there is something wrong in my setup, but other thing is working as intended so I dont think so. Anyway I would appreciate if you could do a quick test.

1170335710_Screenshot(339).png

9 minutes ago, xxx73 said:

I'm not sure why, but for me the traps still dont take any damage.
To do a proper test, I removed me tweaked version of your mod, and used your mod with no edits or changes, juts put it into mod folder. Then I spread the traps out as in the picture below, and spawned a few hundred zeds a few timestimes, and let them run around on the traps. Still the traps is there, no damage is to be seen on anything.

Then I did a 2nd test, I damaged all the traps until it was only 20-40 HP left, then I put hundreds of zeds on top of that, still no damage taken, all the traps had same HP as before the test.

Maybe there is something wrong in my setup, but other thing is working as intended so I dont think so. Anyway I would appreciate if you could do a quick test.

1170335710_Screenshot(339).png

I did test and the traps broke after.  Try lowering the max damage value.  It does take a while at the settings I uploaded. 

The fire trap reverts to the empty state when it breaks you just have to use the trapgun to refuel it.

The others broke and disappeared.

Also pretty sure the zs on top of the other zs dont count as walking on and damaging the traps.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Yeah the trapFire, trapSteelFireSpike and the adhesive spikes have been working perfectly all the time, they take damage and need repair. But non of the flat adhesive traps using pressure plate prefab take any damage, not the big or the small.
The zeds on top of each other is only an extreme picture, they was walking across again and again again.

1 hour ago, thedevilhacker said:

How do adjust the loot settings for the buffed supply drops? My group thinks its way too OP and I added a "prob .xx" at the end of each item line to set the drop rates but it didnt seem to make a difference.

Set the prob to like 0.005 or something. Add a count to it as well if you want. 

Yeh feel free to make modifications to the mods to suit your gameplay. Otherwise we be making 1.2 million versions of each mod lmao 🤪🤪

2 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Set the prob to like 0.005 or something. Add a count to it as well if you want. 

Yeh feel free to make modifications to the mods to suit your gameplay. Otherwise we be making 1.2 million versions of each mod lmao 🤪🤪

I wasn't planning on uploading a version haha I just want to know how to change it because I feel this is good for a pvp server where there may be a risk going to the crate, otherwise its just me and 4 friends on our own server lol.

Idk what a count is :( I just figure out how to adjust whats already there.

58 minutes ago, thedevilhacker said:

I wasn't planning on uploading a version haha I just want to know how to change it because I feel this is good for a pvp server where there may be a risk going to the crate, otherwise its just me and 4 friends on our own server lol.

Idk what a count is :( I just figure out how to adjust whats already there.

Lmao i was saying nodders would have to upload millions of versions of the same mod to suit every play style lol. Not you to upload haha..

If you look up in the vanilla loot.xml you will see Count="1,4" after certain items. This mean that item will spawn between 1 and 4 of that item. 

You can also add next to the loot group a count="1.2" which will mean that out of the however many items possible spawned in that container the game will randomly select only 1 or 2 of them to spawn in it. 

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Lmao i was saying nodders would have to upload millions of versions of the same mod to suit every play style lol. Not you to upload haha..

If you look up in the vanilla loot.xml you will see Count="1,4" after certain items. This mean that item will spawn between 1 and 4 of that item. 

You can also add next to the loot group a count="1.2" which will mean that out of the however many items possible spawned in that container the game will randomly select only 1 or 2 of them to spawn in it. 

Awesome thank you! If you don't mind answering one more question. With the "prob" function do you know what would equate to say 10% chance?

4 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

0.1  i would say

Interesting I would figure that but maybe I don't know what I am doing because I just realized that every time I make a change, save, load back into the game and spawn a few crates to test the rates, the same items will drop in the same order.

30 minutes ago, thedevilhacker said:

Interesting I would figure that but maybe I don't know what I am doing because I just realized that every time I make a change, save, load back into the game and spawn a few crates to test the rates, the same items will drop in the same order.

well count is on all loot groups, and there are count amounts on some loot items. adding count and prob to all in the loot.xml should change it. next drop you receive if it hadnt already spawned in the world prior to you making the changes.

did you wait for another drop or

About the adhesive traps using pressure plate prefab and not taking any damage, I have done some more testing and it is working now. I Just had to add a class to the traps. I have no idea what class that is proper, I just took one you used on another trap, and one xyth mentioned in another thread. Class "Damage" and "TrunkTip" both seem to work.