Valmars A20 MODLETS (Outdated)

stallionsden

2 hours ago, Xsile said:

Looks like b177 broke a bunch of stuff in this mod.

Saying a broke a bunch of stuff does nothing for anyone brotha, can you provide more details, what broke? Which Modlet? What Errors? Details are key in getting fixes in place faster so we can all understand what is going on.

Just FYI.

Hello,

I am using the Expanded Traps mod on my dedicated server. I found the trap schematic and have made Fire Traps. However, I cannot seem to repair them. I have made the gun Trap Nailgun and the trap Gas can but still cannot repair the blocks. Could someone explain how I am supposed to refuel/repair Fire Traps? Playing on Alpha 19 (b177) Thank you.

2 hours ago, JDead said:

Hello,

I am using the Expanded Traps mod on my dedicated server. I found the trap schematic and have made Fire Traps. However, I cannot seem to repair them. I have made the gun Trap Nailgun and the trap Gas can but still cannot repair the blocks. Could someone explain how I am supposed to refuel/repair Fire Traps? Playing on Alpha 19 (b177) Thank you.

Whooops sorry recipe should a been for the firetrapempty lol. The one yu have has fire already and needs to be burnt first. Have fixed the error

18 hours ago, Xsile said:

can you please let me know what errors you are getting.

I will check them out and fix.

29 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Im really new to modding in general and i would like to ask are these mods server side so the guys i play with dont need to install this?

Also is there a way to identify what is server side and what is not?

if the mod/modlet uses custom icons the mod/modlet will be required both server side and client side thus clients all need to have it on client side to.

If the mod/modlet doesnt have custom icons then server side is only needed

9 hours ago, stallionsden said:

if the mod/modlet uses custom icons the mod/modlet will be required both server side and client side thus clients all need to have it on client side to.

Ahh nice, thank you!

On 8/7/2020 at 12:48 AM, Xsile said:

I just loaded up B177 and had all of Vals mods in and no errors or anything.

Can you please upload a output.log or players.log and tell me which mod or mods is giving you trouble for me to be able to assist you please

On 8/7/2020 at 4:17 AM, stallionsden said:

Whooops sorry recipe should a been for the firetrapempty lol. The one yu have has fire already and needs to be burnt first. Have fixed the error

can you please let me know what errors you are getting.

I will check them out and fix.

Hello again,

I tried the new fixed expanded trap and first noticed that the fire trap's name had been changed to empty fire trap. But I couldn't craft it. It said it was locked even though I had already read the trap schematic before the new expanded mod fix. So I thought I had to find the trap schematic again which I did, my friend read it and still could not craft the empty fire trap. He tried all the crafting tables and just crafting from inventory but the trap was still locked and the craft button was missing. So now we cannot craft it. He did load the mod onto his single player game, brought up cheat mode and crafted the empty fire trap as well as the nail trap gun and trap gas. Still he was unable to repair the trap which was the initial problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, JDead said:

Hello again,

I tried the new fixed expanded trap and first noticed that the fire trap's name had been changed to empty fire trap. But I couldn't craft it. It said it was locked even though I had already read the trap schematic before the new expanded mod fix. So I thought I had to find the trap schematic again which I did, my friend read it and still could not craft the empty fire trap. He tried all the crafting tables and just crafting from inventory but the trap was still locked and the craft button was missing. So now we cannot craft it. He did load the mod onto his single player game, brought up cheat mode and crafted the empty fire trap as well as the nail trap gun and trap gas. Still he was unable to repair the trap which was the initial problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey JDead sorry all fixed for sure forgot to move the unlock code to the empty block. All works and tested 🙂

Question regarding Door Lock Smash: I tried to use the modlet in world I already generated prior using the mod. Based on the mod description, I thought that after damaging a locked door so we can see through, I could then open it but what I'm seeing is that I fully need to destroy the door so a new unlocked one appears. Is this expected?

8 hours ago, Madnesis said:

Question regarding Door Lock Smash: I tried to use the modlet in world I already generated prior using the mod. Based on the mod description, I thought that after damaging a locked door so we can see through, I could then open it but what I'm seeing is that I fully need to destroy the door so a new unlocked one appears. Is this expected?

Yes thats pretty much how it works as you cant lock pick a door (many have tried to mod it in lol) so it gives the illusion you have reached in and openned it but its more for the doors that have some damage on them already and you can see thru it. 

18 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Yes thats pretty much how it works as you cant lock pick a door (many have tried to mod it in lol) so it gives the illusion you have reached in and openned it but its more for the doors that have some damage on them already and you can see thru it. 

Ok fine, thanks for the confirmation!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi StallionsDen

running your mod on 19 alpha b180 and noticed while the mods work but there is no icon for any of the additional "addons"

Running my own dedicated server.

mod list I'm running:

30K item stacks

Scomar82_A19-HUD

smelter_mod

Zombieanpassungen

All Valmars mods except trees mod

is this due to the mods not ready for B180 or is there something I need to add to my dedicated server.

Troubleshooting:

Removed all non Valmars mods

tried each mod separately.

rebuilt the server to newest build.

Seems that only the added items have no icon in game "blank box with a number of the items" the survivor notes work as in when clicking on recipes it will say 12/30 for recipes needed.

For now we are scrapping the duplicate items like needle and thread but are trying to figure out the ammo and other items.

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Z

hey man, 

Quick question regarding the Expanded traps, ive placed down the empty fire trap and i cant refill it at all, ive used nail gun , hammer ect and its asking for a purple gas can but their is'nt any? ive opened the creative menu and the only purple one is nail gun gas can and that doesnt work? any idea's ?

Edit; 

Nevermind i didnt realise you had to use the trap nail gun to refill my bad xD Thanks so much for updating these for us man :D

Edited by SolidSnake99 (see edit history)

I just came back to 7D2D, after not really playing much since Alpha 17. I loved Valmod back then. My favorite part was the class selection at the start. I downloaded the Starter Class modlet, one thing that was immediately apparent after checking every class, Assassin or Wildcard are the only real choices. I also noticed that the Engineer and Mechanic basically start exactly the same, with the mechanic having a better starter setup than the engineer. If you are taking suggestions, maybe add a crappy robotic turret to Engineer's start, now that it takes getting established before you can craft another. Bring all the classes up to par with Assassin, because currently Assassin gets a t3 bow, t2 SMG  and t2 Rifle with attachments to fill all 3. A good start would be to add attachments to the rest of the classes as well. Gunman is almost on par with assassin, but he's missing any optic, same with the Veteran. Also being a USMC Veteran, the Marine class is EXTREMELY underwhelming, he only get's the Auto-Shotty, while nice, the Tactical Combat Rifle would have made more sense. I'm not familiar with writing/coding mods. If it's a lot of work to re-write the class kits, I get it, but if it's doable, please look into them. Thanks for all of your hard work, and keep making updating these amazing mods.

Edited by KnightmareX87 (see edit history)

On 8/24/2020 at 10:29 AM, Dragonling said:

Hi StallionsDen

running your mod on 19 alpha b180 and noticed while the mods work but there is no icon for any of the additional "addons"

Running my own dedicated server.

mod list I'm running:

30K item stacks

Scomar82_A19-HUD

smelter_mod

Zombieanpassungen

All Valmars mods except trees mod

is this due to the mods not ready for B180 or is there something I need to add to my dedicated server.

Troubleshooting:

Removed all non Valmars mods

tried each mod separately.

rebuilt the server to newest build.

Seems that only the added items have no icon in game "blank box with a number of the items" the survivor notes work as in when clicking on recipes it will say 12/30 for recipes needed.

For now we are scrapping the duplicate items like needle and thread but are trying to figure out the ammo and other items.

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Z

my apologies I did not get any notifications for these messages and honestly havent checked.

Will take a look at the icons.

Do you have the icons in your game files as well as your dedicated server as icons require to be both client side and server side.

2 hours ago, KnightmareX87 said:

I just came back to 7D2D, after not really playing much since Alpha 17. I loved Valmod back then. My favorite part was the class selection at the start. I downloaded the Starter Class modlet, one thing that was immediately apparent after checking every class, Assassin or Wildcard are the only real choices. I also noticed that the Engineer and Mechanic basically start exactly the same, with the mechanic having a better starter setup than the engineer. If you are taking suggestions, maybe add a crappy robotic turret to Engineer's start, now that it takes getting established before you can craft another. Bring all the classes up to par with Assassin, because currently Assassin gets a t3 bow, t2 SMG  and t2 Rifle with attachments to fill all 3. A good start would be to add attachments to the rest of the classes as well. Gunman is almost on par with assassin, but he's missing any optic, same with the Veteran. Also being a USMC Veteran, the Marine class is EXTREMELY underwhelming, he only get's the Auto-Shotty, while nice, the Tactical Combat Rifle would have made more sense. I'm not familiar with writing/coding mods. If it's a lot of work to re-write the class kits, I get it, but if it's doable, please look into them. Thanks for all of your hard work, and keep making updating these amazing mods.

it will be one thing i will look at eventually, and plan on balancing things .

Will def take into account your suggestions to and greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

valmars survival notes not the ones that give you recipies but the ones that give you perks ive gotten them to work by injecting them into the xmls but not by making them into a modlet get object refernce not set to an instance of object i missed the perk point drops from alpha 16 valmar over haul expansion if you could add that or guide me into fixing it wasnt in modlet form from the overhaul expansion im trying to make it that way thanks if your willing to do so i can upload to you what i have and im sure you can fix it quick but i alas only have a vauge idea of what im doing lots of cutting and pasteing 

Edited by falcon470 (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, falcon470 said:

valmars survival notes not the ones that give you recipies but the ones that give you perks ive gotten them to work by injecting them into the xmls but not by making them into a modlet get object refernce not set to an instance of object i missed the perk point drops from alpha 16 valmar over haul expansion if you could add that or guide me into fixing it wasnt in modlet form from the overhaul expansion im trying to make it that way thanks if your willing to do so i can upload to you what i have and im sure you can fix it quick but i alas only have a vauge idea of what im doing lots of cutting and pasteing 

I am sorry i dont understand your question. 

in valmars overhaul expansion that he used to release you got a chance to get a survival note from a zombie it wasnt the notes that you have on here it allowed you to read them and get a perk point thats what im trying to get back got it working except had to modify quest.xml directly in the main configs wont work as modlet, hope that makes more sence this time

3 hours ago, falcon470 said:

in valmars overhaul expansion that he used to release you got a chance to get a survival note from a zombie it wasnt the notes that you have on here it allowed you to read them and get a perk point thats what im trying to get back got it working except had to modify quest.xml directly in the main configs wont work as modlet, hope that makes more sence this time

Can you upload the xml entries you have and i will take a look for you. 

sure sorry for the late reply, just woke back up. Most of it seems to work problem is the quest.xml. also it needs balenceing you origonally found them off zombie loot, was a slim chance prob 0.12 in the origonal files up to .15 for harder stuff.  I had to peice it together from his overhaul expansion, It works if i add the quest.xml directly into the main file other wise i get object referance not set. Also cant quite get the description to show up in game, even once i get it working. It does however when i do that give you the skill points its supposed to.

vamars_survivor_notes.rar

Edited by falcon470 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, falcon470 said:

sure sorry for the late reply, just woke back up. Most of it seems to work problem is the quest.xml. also it needs balenceing you origonally found them off zombie loot, was a slim chance prob 0.12 in the origonal files up to .15 for harder stuff.  I had to peice it together from his overhaul expansion, It works if i add the quest.xml directly into the main file other wise i get object referance not set. Also cant quite get the description to show up in game, even once i get it working. It does however when i do that give you the skill points its supposed to.

vamars_survivor_notes.rar 5 MB · 1 download

can you also send your output.log/player.log with the error please