Strobing Lights

bjurney

There are some new POI's that have some blinking or strobing lights that although give a nice environment, have a negative impact on my wife with epilepsy. I am looking for a way to disable the strobe effect on these lights. I know there is one in one of the new Shamway foods entrances for reference. Does anyone know where this effect can be adjusted? I tried poking around in the XML files, but I didn't see anything obvious that I could change to disable this. 

Thanks for the help. 

• 1 month later...

Just a wild guess here... and on my phone so I can post links later if you need them...

I don’t think lighting can be modified via xml modlets . I think the lighting properties are tied to the block that makes up the light. The only things that come to mind are all terrible options:

- use a modlet to make it daytime 24x7 in game. I’m theory the strobing lights might not be as strob-y.  It may not work, and you miss out on a lot of nighttime fun. I have a modlet that can do this called “one hour of daylight”, that also allows making it 24x7 daytime. 

- there is a mod called something like “real time poi light enabler” or something. It’s a dll mod I think? Basically it allows turning on any light in the game. I would assume it also allows turning off lights.  In theory if a strobing light was found, she or someone else could go turn it off?  I think it only works for the player that has the mod loaded (so if person A turned on/off a light the other players will not see it). Ive never used it though. 

Its probably easier to remove the offending POIs from the map/world. 

You can also go into the prefab editor and edit the light properties of the light but will need to run the game with EAC off in order to save changes.

Another alternative is to go into God mode and just destroy the light for your wife before she gets close to it.

Archived