How Do I Keep My 18.4

SirDano35

Hi, FUN GAME YA'LL HAVE MADE! I'm sorry to have to ask if I may keep my modded copy of 18.4 from getting updated. There seems to be no option to turn off updates. I rewrote a hardy portion of XML and finished testing it just now and don't want to lose it. Thing's turned out very well and i'm afraid it'll update before i get a chance to enjoy my math wizard'ness. Please don't update me.... yet.

I think opting out of betas will stop it updating until a stable version is released

If you're not sure how then in your Steam library right click on 7DTD and select properties then go in the Betas tab and change it to none

What I do to have the best of both worlds. I copy my entire 7 Days To Die folder from steam folder to another folder on my C drive. I usually name it 7DTD. Then I make a shortcut to the exe file in that folder on my desktop. That way I have (and will have) a copy of A18.4 and a copy of A19 experimental. So I can try out the new alpha and still play on a server if it hasn't updated.

As of now, Alpha 18.4 appears in the Betas list for the game. So if you select that, your game will never update to any other beta/experimental. I think choosing "None - opt out of any betas" might still auto-update you to the next stable version. Which you might not want.

image.png.c6d5a24b395733359422cb7607023923.png

I use the Mod Launcher. 

I have something like  9  different versions of 7DTD alongside my vanilla Steam version.

As long as you correctly label your save games so as not to confuse yourself, it works fine.

The Mod launcher can be downloded via the Mods section of this Forum.

"None - opt out of all betas" will work for now, while A19 is in experimental.  When A19 goes stable, that's the point at which it becomes the default, and everyone opted out of betas will download it.  So you have until A19 goes stable to set your game to stay on A18.4.

Also, if you implement your mod as a 'modlet' with xpath syntax, you don't have to touch the original files.  It will still break with A19 files, but your modifications won't be embedded into a big, out of date file.

Archived