Control over when A19 update is installed

Tahaan

If I want to continue playing A18.4 for a couple more days, is it enough to just opt out of all Betas?

I can not find it now but I think at one point I saw a setting somewhere where I could lock down my game to the current version until I manually allowed it to update.  Maybe that was not in the Steam Client but in the Web Steam portal?

21 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

You can also manually opt into 18.4 and turn off keeping your game updated,

Where is this option?

19 minutes ago, OzHawkeye said:

You could also simply copy your current installation to anywhere else on your PC, and Steam will never again touch it.

How would you launch this then?  Does this mean I can have both A19 and A18 and choose which one I want to launch?

30 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

Where is this option?

In steam right click 7d2d, options, choose beta tab, choose the alpha version you want to stay at from the dropdown. "Latest" should be A19 experimental now, so A19 is not yet listed by number (can't currently look up in steam for better details)

30 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

How would you launch this then?  Does this mean I can have both A19 and A18 and choose which one I want to launch?

Go into the the copied folder, doubleclick 7d2d.exe. Yes, that means you can have A19 and A18 in parallel, also you can use this for modded games.

But the world saves are still in your user folder and accessed from every copy. So still make sure not to accidentially load your A18 map with A19 or the other way round.

4 hours ago, Tahaan said:

As Liesel pointed out you can quite happily click on the executable file regardless of where it is, or right-click on it copy it and paste it as a shortcut onto your desktop.

I've got every version of 7dtd on my drives all the way back to A7. Steam will only ever muck with what is in the Steam directories.

Archived