game closing after 20 minutes

André

Hello people,
I have a problem with my game. when I log into a private server and play after 20 minutes, if I open my inventory or open any loot my game closes (it appears that it is not responding and closes.) and if I play offline session it takes a little longer, but it closes the same way.

my pc settings

ram: 16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Graphics: R9 380x 4 GB
Processor: Fx4300
Windows 10 pro 64 bits

See attached logsoutput_log__2020-05-20__12-23-15.txtoutput_log__2020-05-20__11-59-31.txtoutput_log__2020-05-18__17-58-38.txt

output_log__2020-05-18__17-58-38.txt

It might be heat related since it takes a while to happen. Try running a hardware monitor while you play to see what your temps are.

If they're high, you can try cleaning dust out of your machine and off any filters. Make sure all the fans are spinning as they're supposed to.

If you don't have good air flow in your case, try playing with the side panel removed.

It could be other things, but I'd start there.

On 21/05/2020 at 17:45, Beelzybub said:

Pode estar relacionado ao calor, pois leva um tempo para acontecer. Tente executar um monitor de hardware enquanto você joga para ver quais são suas temperaturas.

Se estiverem altos, tente limpar a poeira da sua máquina e remover qualquer filtro. Verifique se todos os fãs estão girando como deveriam.

Se você não tiver um bom fluxo de ar, tente jogar com o painel lateral removido.

Poderia ser outras coisas, mas eu começaria por aí.

Thanks for trying to help.
but, it’s not temperature I’ve already been monitoring I believe it’s some configuration, because the time I mentioned happens in 20 minutes if I open the inventory or loot, or if it gives 20 minutes and I don’t do that the game continues until I open it. Before that everything works

I see an error message:

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\anhot\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

So the program seems to not be able to access C:\Users\anhot\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\profiles.sdf

In .net the error message is caused by "The file name is missing, or the file or directory is in use."

So first I would check if profiles.sdf does exist at all, and if it does, whether it and its directories rights are correct (i.e. the game should be able to read and write to the file. "In use" could also mean that the file could be in use by another program running in the background.

One of the main suspects for preventing access to that file is if you have AV software that might be a bit too paranoid. Just for testing you could turn off the AV, start and stop 7D2D and check whether the error in the new logfile is still there or not. If it is the AV software, enable it again, but make exceptions for the saves directory. Check again and adapt until that error is gone.

If you still have the crash problem after that (there is a chance this error is not the primary cause of the bug), come back to the forum with a new output-log.

--------------

By the way, are you starting a dedicated server in the same account in which you then also start a client?  I always wondered if that could cause some problems. Anyone knows if this is safe?

Try testing your ram for errors using free Memtest86. I had a similar issue a few years back and faulty ram was the issue. It would crash only for 2 specific games after about 10 - 20 minutes of playtime depending on the game.

Also make sure to re-check the game's installation integrity to make sure there's no corruption or modification anywhere. If you had any mods installed... now would be a good time to get rid of them till you know where the problem is.

And lastly, try disabling any background apps from running while playing the game, including antivirus. There's a few software out there that conflict with the game and causes all kinds of problems including crashes. 

I'm sorry, for the writing I don't know how to speak English and I'm using the google translator to help me. but I tested everything and the error continues, I don't use any anti virus or anything like that myself. I even got to format and put windows 7 pure without a program and nothing and the same error ... in fact I don't know what to do.

Archived