Land claim bug

Wizard

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

I don't think it is seen as a bug. If the area didn't reach down to bedrock, someone could dig under it and either bring the are to fall or make it float.

It didn't fall. I just placed the claim block and built wood frames tower. My screen shows that this tower has height more than claim bounds, but blocks steal have green backlight(means claimed area)

4 hours ago, Wizard said:

It didn't fall. I just placed the claim block and built wood frames tower. My screen shows that this tower has height more than claim bounds, but blocks steal have green backlight(means claimed area)

I wasn't talking about your picture. I gave an example what bad things might happen if the claimed area didn't reach down to bedrock.

I’m sure it’s rough for both of them... ;)

Joking aside, the point is that it isn’t a bug. Work on the PvP aspect of the game is planned for the future so they may ultimately agree with you and change it. But the way it is now is intended. 

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, BlackEye said:

@Roland how is displaying the wrong land claim area borders not a bug? The displayed borders are cubic, the real borders have infinite height, so it makes no sense and is either realy bad design or a bug.

I guess pick “really bad design” because  bedrock to sky height protection is the intended design and assuredly not a bug or a glitch. I agree that for PVP strategies that wish to have a hidden underground base that this design works against you but there are more considerations than simply PvP at work—the main one being structural integrity. 

If the placement guide shows a boundary that is misleading I would say THAT is the oversight and should be adjusted to send the right message. It never occurred to me because I was around when the lcb was implemented and the fact that vertical protection was infinite was known and understood by those of us following development before we ever even played with it. That new players are getting the wrong impression is good feedback. But the infinite vertical protection, itself, is not the problem—at least not to the developers.

Archived