16K Resolution Screenshot

Pille

This might be the world's first 16K screenshot (15360x8640) of 7 Days to Die. I increased the max. view distance for POIs to make the distant towns visible (There are some buildings on the horizon). Fun fact, the game takes up to 30 GB memory on this resolution.

Original screenshot:

Download LINK

Low res. preview:

eyY0mxw.jpg

That...is an excessive amount of resolution. I like it.

Also, 30gb? Jeez.. I wonder if that's more the resolution, Or the dramatically increased view distance to get the towns in? Does it get any kind of playable framerate, or did you have to set up the shot, then boost the resolution and such and take a screenshot?

That...is an excessive amount of resolution. I like it.

Also, 30gb? Jeez.. I wonder if that's more the resolution, Or the dramatically increased view distance to get the towns in? Does it get any kind of playable framerate, or did you have to set up the shot, then boost the resolution and such and take a screenshot?

The increased view distance doesn't seem to affect the memory usage or the FPS. 4K is still playable on my machine but 16K completely destroys the FPS.^^ So yes, I had to set up the shot on a lower resolution. It looks like my GPU uses the system memory as soon as its own dedicated memory is full. I guess that explains the 30 GB because higher resolutions require more graphics card memory...

1 hour ago, Liveandlearn said:

U used that nvidia app right? Ansel?

No, Ansel didn't allow me to exceed 8K resolution. I had to use my own application. Perhaps there's a problem with my GPU. Of course if others are able to set higher resolutions in Ansel, my screenshot is likely not the first world's first 16K picture.^^

Archived