Easy way to get almost all books in no time.

Blasphemous

You should play the way that is fun for you if you are playing single player. If doing your method feels to you like you are earning it more than just using the creative menu and you enjoy clearing those POIs multiple times then do it.

Just from an academic perspective I would call it technically abusing the log in/log out system in ways it wasn’t meant to be used but.....have fun!

As an Ultima 3, Might and Magic and Wasteland player on my C64 in 1988, these game were unforgiving, (I remember having saved a game in Wasteland that was at a point that I could not continue and all my characters died over and over again, so i had to restart the game from scratch which sucked) such as others like Wizardry and the Bards Tale series and you had very little save game option back then. I was unaware of the term "Save Scumming" until recently and I actually felt like I was cheating all these years later on with games like Stonekeep and Fallout 1 and 2 and that generation, I was using a lot of "Save Scumming" when I could and I used this tactic in almost every game I played from Quake to Thief to Morrowind, not overly excessive, but enough that it was destroying some of the challenge.

Well I hate to say it but this tactic is beyond Save Scumming, while It does not make you a bad player or anything, it seems like this is just not a way to enjoy playing the game as it was intended.

Don't get me wrong I have done this a few times myself. One time as I remember, I was using a code in System Shock 2 to get boatloads of rifle ammo, I was out of ammo trying to take down massive bot which was turning out to be impossible otherwise.

I am not attempting to judge you in this but wouldn't you rather just raid a crack a book or two and have say 3 week loot respawn. The again I guess some would think loot respawn is a form of cheating.

I have noticed a lot of people using the CM to spawn things for whatever reason. This is cool and all as I like to build massive bases and using the CM to do so would be an easy way to build, but I think I actually prefer to do my building in game after collecting all the massive resources I would need to build and then defend my build and continue building, I prefer that type of gameplay over just using the editor. I never think of the game in a Gary's Mod kind of way, I still treat the game as a game and what I get i get I have to find in game. Although I did make a Day of Defeat Source map in the level editor for Half Life 2 called Hammer 4.0 Editor, the same editor that Gary's Mod was used, I never finished the map with only 4 buildings and I was literally only 10% done at about 4-6 months in, then Steam deleted all of my saved editor files after I uninstalled and reinstalled steam in I think 2006, when Steam was relatively new, and I did not want to restart the map so I moved on to something else. I hated Steam for this and probably cussed them out quite a bit but I do no remember doing so.

Please do not think of this as "holier than thou" thing, its just my opinion.

It's interesting to note how different people feel like choosing the easy mode (i.e. CM) with some things but not with others.

My primary sense of achievement in the game is building an impregnable base with just the materials I can collect/create.

Running several forges and cement mixers and excavating massive amounts of resources to make concrete has been a source of a lot of fun for me, probably because I control every aspect of the process. No need to use CM there, it would really get boring fast.

With books I guess I felt like occasionally the RNG would mess with me by not giving me a particular book when I needed it and there was no other way to obtain the corresponding skill so I... adjusted the RNG.

Anyway, as Roland pointed out, whatever is fun for you.

I am about to dig a 25-block deep, 5-block wide moat in my current game, to surround a 10x10 building area.

This will obviously require a large stockpile of gas but I'm cool with it, it's gonna protect me from the horde for many nights.

Anyway, back to messing around.

Yeah the fun for me is building in game like I would in a real life situation, where I have to jump up on a block or make a ladder or block ladder to get up to a part of my base, this means when i screw up and fall, well I take damage but its part of the game. You know a one-block-at-a-time-type-thing, after 1000s of blocks of all varieties laid down, I can see my base from afar and be proud of what I made.

• 4 weeks later...

As people highlighted, creative menu is faster. It's very obvious that quitting and relogging will allow a restart of it, is not an intended feature of gameplay.

You can argue that it's in the game so it's not a cheat or hack, and that's true. Just like creative menu is also in the game, not a cheat, not a hack.

I'd still argue that if you wanna do it, do it. If you wanna not do it, don't do it.

Your game, your fun. :)

Now if it is on someones server, and you want to use what THEY could consider exploits, then be prepared for their reaction too :)

Resetting POIs to get double loot is already walking a slim line between cheat and cheese. Still, going further to reset without clearing the whole POI?

I could argue that going through the whole building and clearing it to reset is similar to finding the same POI nearby and doing it again, mainly because you still go through the whole POI, not just the "convenient" parts. Wouldn't mind if they fixed it, although i guess it's similar to having loot respawn in 30 days or zombies respawn after some time in cleared POIs.

I view it as a cheat myself, as far as I go with it? is maybe harvesting the cars then starting the quest, maybe looting a few things in the garage if anything is lootable before I start it. Then start it to respawn the cars.

Archived