This is getting to be really frustrating...

NachoNinjaGnome

So, I've played this game a bit so far, and never really cared to try before now, but I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to make all the various block shapes. I've scoured the in game Journal, the various corresponding wiki pages and watched multiple tutorial videos. I've found nothing in-game, the wiki was a bust and I've watched multiple people build the damn things, but not a single one has told how it is done. It was getting to be extremely frustrating until I happened upon Neebs Gaming's 7 Days to Die videos. Now I'm less motivated to figure it out as I'm watching Youtube, but I would still love to know how to do it for when I get back to actually playing the game.

Thanks in advance,

- Nacho

So, I've played this game a bit so far, and never really cared to try before now, but I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to make all the various block shapes. I've scoured the in game Journal, the various corresponding wiki pages and watched multiple tutorial videos. I've found nothing in-game, the wiki was a bust and I've watched multiple people build the damn things, but not a single one has told how it is done. It was getting to be extremely frustrating until I happened upon Neebs Gaming's 7 Days to Die videos. Now I'm less motivated to figure it out as I'm watching Youtube, but I would still love to know how to do it for when I get back to actually playing the game.

Thanks in advance,

- Nacho

If.. If you are on the PC, hold down the R button, and the shapes should pop up. If you are on console, sorry can't help ya.

If.. If you are on the PC, hold down the R button, and the shapes should pop up. If you are on console, sorry can't help ya.

Also, not all blocks have a shape selector option. The way to tell is there is a symbol Square/Triangle/Circle symbol in the upper left hand corner of the item icon. A good example of this is the Wooden Frame block.

If.. If you are on the PC, hold down the R button, and the shapes should pop up.

Hold down R, then select the shape selector icon (square, circle, triangle icon), and then the shapes show up. Your selection is tied to the toolbelt slot so it is possible to have full blocks in one slot and ramps in another for quick building.

Archived