Need some little help with the vehicles, please.

SirDuke

May someone give me a little help here?

I´m playing with a little modlet from this site, to increase the overall vehicle speed.

The main part works just fine;

but no matter how I edit the modlet xml, the only vehicle that uses a sprint is the bicycle.

As far as I´m reading here, all vehicles should have a turbo mode, right?

Mine doesn´t seem to work.

What might be wrong with that?

(Oh, and by the way, is there already any use for the ingame "modification" menu for vehicles?)

Thanks

If you open the vehicles.xml, and for each vehicle type, find this line...

<property name="velocityMax" value="9, 10"/>

...that's the bicycle from my install. The first value is normal speed, the second is 'sprint' speed.

If they are the same, (say 10,10) there wouldn't really be a 'sprint' mode since it's capped at the normal value. That's normally what I do with the motorcycle and 4x4 so I don't have to press another button to go max speed.

Mods for vehicles are to arrive in a future update (maybe 19).

If you open the vehicles.xml, and for each vehicle type, find this line...

<property name="velocityMax" value="9, 10"/>

...that's the bicycle from my install. The first value is normal speed, the second is 'sprint' speed.

If they are the same, (say 10,10) there wouldn't really be a 'sprint' mode since it's capped at the normal value. That's normally what I do with the motorcycle and 4x4 so I don't have to press another button to go max speed.

Mods for vehicles are to arrive in a future update (maybe 19).

Thanks for that answer!

As I´ve tried to discribe, my vehicles´ speed doesn´t change at all.

Only the bicycle "sprint" key does work.

f.e. here´s the code for the motorcycle from my modlet:

<set xpath="vehicles/vehicle[@name=vehicleMotorcycle]/property[@name=velocityMax' and @value='9, 14]/@value">14, 24</set>

Weird. Sorry, can't be of help. Not even sure what a modlet is or what makes one different from a good old fashioned mod...(is it just a baby mod? lol...it's term I've only seen used here (but I don't get out much)).

Anyway...hope someone comes along who can help you.

This code will work ... and future proofs if TFP change default speeds in any updates in the future on A18.

<set xpath="/vehicles/vehicle[@name='vehicleMotorcycle']/property[@name='velocityMax']/@value">14,22</set>

Note : Max speed is 22 in A18 since the physics changes implemented by TFP , unless you do major surgery to the vehicle xml like i did in my Motorcycle modlet.

If that doesnt work then something else may also be changing the speeds from perhaps another modlet along the way. ?

Ragsy !!

Archived