Question On Wandering Hordes

Dreacon78

I thought these things were only supposed to attack a structure if you agro them? I just had a group start beating on the walls on the opposite side of where I was at. Was painting the stuff I had just built earlier so I wasn't making enough noise to attract them. I just heard them suddenly start beating on the walls in a line and not all bunched up. I went over and shot the first one and got the sneak damage bonus on it. Of course the others reacted to that and I didn't get any more sneak damage. Killed them no problem, but was surprised they were attacking the walls in the first place. I have had this issue with closed doors too before and no one could explain it then.

Did they Wandering Horde AI get changed so they target player built structures in their path?

All you really need to do is build in a way where there is nothing to catch them. Bigger base = more danger of wrecking crew . Also use spikes and such so damage is less to your base. The hordes honestly have done this as long as I can remember the game only plots a start and end point for the wandering horde then releases them if they sense you or reach endpoint. I usually build a 10X10X20 tower and fight them at range for the cheap and easy XP never have a issue with any damage till horde night unless I trigger a rage effect

What sense does it make to have those hordes destroy everything instead of walking around it and only destroying if they get a lock on you??
I'd bet it's not exactly intentional.. the "navigating around" part requires fine tuning, the "run on this line, hit stuff if stopped" is pretty simple in comparison. Passable "First draft" level implementation, but not expecting it to make into gold release.

Archived