Attirbute affecting these weapons?

daydark

I'm not sure if Fireaxe, Pick, and Shovel actually gain a bonus to entity damage from any stats.

Those gain a bonus to entity damage from miner69er (as well as block damage, though the entity damage boost is lower), but it is unclear whether or not they gain a bonus from the strength attribute to headshot damage and dismemberment chance.

Those gain a bonus to entity damage from miner69er (as well as block damage, though the entity damage boost is lower), but it is unclear whether or not they gain a bonus from the strength attribute to headshot damage and dismemberment chance.

It would be interesting to know the results if someone could test. I would but I don't know how.

- Does Fireaxe benefit from Strength headshot & dismemberment chance?

- Does Fireaxe benefit from the Skull Crusher trait (description says 2 handed weapons, not just Sledge)

- Does Fireaxe gain bonus entity damage from Miner 69'er?

If so, this could make Fireaxe a viable weapon. I'm trying to do something different than Sledge, Club, or Knuckles, and this could be it.

tools gain no STR benefit, just the miner 69er boost to damage (and have abysmal dismember chance, they are tools made for work not killing after all) but the fireaxe has a small leg up over the others with the Fireman's Almanac book set giving some great benefits

they have a xml tag as harvest tools only, not weapons so the bonuses from head smasher and various others don't apply (unlike bladed weapons which have a weapon AND tool tag....like knives and the steel knuckles {which can harvest bodies slowly but gain 100% of the harvested items})

tools gain no STR benefit, just the miner 69er boost to damage (and have abysmal dismember chance, they are tools made for work not killing after all) but the fireaxe has a small leg up over the others with the Fireman's Almanac book set giving some great benefits

they have a xml tag as harvest tools only, not weapons so the bonuses from head smasher and various others don't apply (unlike bladed weapons which have a weapon AND tool tag....like knives and the steel knuckles {which can harvest bodies slowly but gain 100% of the harvested items})

Thank you for clarifying that for me. :smile-new:

I am not sure about that... Those tools do not gain anything from perks, but XMLs have the Strength attribute assigned to them. So maybe?

Someone needs to make a test. I will be able later on.

I think those xmls are there just for identifying which tree the miner 69er perk comes from (a "tree" tag if you will)

Interesting. I wonder if anyone would do any actual testing for this? I would but I don't know how.

New Game > Navezgane or one of the PREGENs

f1

dm

cm

giveselfxp 10000 (repeat until enough for the test) (check help if I spelled it wrong)

press u for creative menu to spawn in items, the axes most importantly

numpad * to toggle enemy AI on/off

F6 to choose a zombie to spawn

numpad 0 to see stats on the target if needed

Have fun :)

New Game > Navezgane or one of the PREGENs

f1

dm

cm

giveselfxp 10000 (repeat until enough for the test) (check help if I spelled it wrong)

press u for creative menu to spawn in items, the axes most importantly

numpad * to toggle enemy AI on/off

F6 to choose a zombie to spawn

numpad 0 to see stats on the target if needed

Have fun :)

Hey thanks! I did some testing. Here are the results. I used an unmodded Iron Fireaxe quality 3 with 20 damage and 39 power attack damage. I spawned Zombie Darlenes with 125 HP for testing.

base

left body 13

right body 26

left head 25

right head 50

10 str

left body 13

right body 26

left head 40 (60% increase)

right head 75 (50% increase)

10 str + 5 miner 69er

left body 18 (38% increase)

right body 30 (15% increase)

left head 53 (32% increase)

right head 91 (21% increase)

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode

no change

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode + 5 skull crusher

no change

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode + 5 skull crusher +5 pummel pete

no change

10 str + 5 miner 69er + 5 mother lode + 5 skull crusher +5 pummel pete + 10 agi

no change

Conclusions

- STR increases regular attack and power attack damage on zombies with Fireaxe (headshots only)

- Miner 69'er increases regular attack and power attack damage on zombies for with Fireaxe (all hits)

Archived