Steel Pickaxe screamer spawn chance

Deccypher

Will try this tonight on the new build. Though personally I'd be delighted if my day's mining Iron pulled in a bunch of Screamers, because mining for a day in A18 is so goddam BORING, I could use a bit of excitement.

If you constantly have to fight with screamers and their hordes then you won't get much done.

It's the same if you want to concentrate on one task and every 2 minutes a colleague comes by and interrupts you or the phone keeps ringing. You don't get anything done.

Also, the question that must be asked in any thread that complains about Screamers is....what is your day length set to? This setting seems to make a major difference to Screamer occurrence.

My daylength is 120 minutes. So the tickrate should be even lower than on standard 60 minute days.

Honestly, I'm glad about that. Otherwise I would not be able to work at all. Every time I go to the mine to mine iron or lead, I have to fight off screamers and their horde every 2-5 minutes. It doesn't matter if I use an auger or a pickaxe. I have to build a wall around my mines and put spikes on the outside.

Except that now we have junk turrets, which are of great help against unwanted screamers. No need to nerf them more than that, imo.

Except that now we have junk turrets, which are of great help against unwanted screamers. No need to nerf them more than that, imo.

You have to be near a junk turret for it to work. Therefore, it is unlikely that a junk turret will kill a screamer before she can summon a horde. A passive defense with walls and spikes is more promising.

I'm on the latest version and I have 5 or 6 screamers almost constantly at my base, mine. I use augers, no picks. Have probably 100 torches out. Many forges and chem stations going 24/7.

I just put a spikes and barbed wire out and the screamers all die on the spikes. I constantly have to put out more spikes/repair them though as the screamers just never stop coming.

My day length is maximum, I like long days. I don't mind the screamers.

Same here. I'd like to see Screamers majorly buffed. They die so fast on Spikes they are an insignificant nuisance at best. I'd like to see them have considerably more HP and/or always scream if killed on Spikes. As it is, we just ignore them.

I would like to have a new, harder version of a screamer. Maybe a radiated one? Also, having enemies that try to stay at a distance and shoot from afar would be fun.

My first "mine" template is dig down a 7x7 pit with a 2 block high wooden wall up top surrounding it so nothing unexpectedly falls down to me when i'm digging. Always carrying a loaded pistol with me helps with any strays that wander closer hearing the mining noises. I'm gonna have to experiment with an auger (when i get one) and some torches or something to see how often i can get the screamers to show up.

Archived