• Grease Monkey
    • Other

3) Perks I max out every time no matter what

Perception

- Lucky Looter

Intellect

- Better Barter

- Daring Adventurer

Had a go with Lucky Looter but didn't really feel the upgrade did anything, maybe just bad rng but then when I found out loot is tied to gamestage...nope, no more LL.

Better Barter/Daring Adv I've never taken them both together, u must be swimming in Q6's lol. Which one would you pick if you had to choose?

Looks like Well Insulated out in front just not getting any luv. There's just too many other better perks to get, saying that I read they're working on weather, so maybe it might come into play in later alpha.

Maybe, but...... making the weather more stringent will just annoy people and they will be doubly annoyed to have to spend points to not feel annoyed. Are people excited to put a point in iron gut or mostly resentful....?

Of course, I couldn't care less about those people. Weather needs to be more stringent and I'll be glad when the perk is more relevant. But I can hear the ghostly crash of salty tears upon the shoreline of Gamer Agony even now just thinking about it. :)

I love the Parkour lvl3 skill, which let you jump 2 blocks high. lvl5 let you jump 3 BLOCKS HIGH. Its incredible fun, and helps a lot when escaping some zombies.

Ever since they put it in I'm always perked to 3. "You never know when you gotta throw yourself out of a window" is what I tell people.

Had a go with Lucky Looter but didn't really feel the upgrade did anything, maybe just bad rng but then when I found out loot is tied to gamestage...nope, no more LL.

Better Barter/Daring Adv I've never taken them both together, u must be swimming in Q6's lol. Which one would you pick if you had to choose?

Better Barter without a doubt.

Although I will max Daring Adventurer it will be one of the last perks I max out, as serious questing is a late-game activity for me. More often than not I am doing it for a bloody Beaker. But also very often it's the best way to get the Rad Remover if you haven't already. I consider it the absolutely essential late-game mod.

Maybe, but...... making the weather more stringent will just annoy people and they will be doubly annoyed to have to spend points to not feel annoyed. Are people excited to put a point in iron gut or mostly resentful....?

Of course, I couldn't care less about those people. Weather needs to be more stringent and I'll be glad when the perk is more relevant. But I can hear the ghostly crash of salty tears upon the shoreline of Gamer Agony even now just thinking about it. :)

I'm with you on that one. I'm always hoping survival game play is pushed harder onto players. When a18 first dropped, not knowing how to deal with new mechanics, I'd put points into Iron gut, living off the land, master chef, etc. But then once you learn the mechanics it's possible to play around them making certain perks not necessary.

I'd luv to see a harsh weather system, just always testing our survival mentality. But sure, I can hear the pitchforks banging "People have been living in the antarctic for centuries with nothing but a wet wipe and rockhard nips, why do I need Well Insulation?!"

Ever since they put it in I'm always perked to 3. "You never know when you gotta throw yourself out of a window" is what I tell people.

Lol brilliant :)

The thing about Lockpicking....I never actually take Lockpicks with me as it takes up an inventory slot. However I do pick them up when on looting trips and use them when I get the chance....and they typically open safes successfully even with 0 points in the skill! Like 9 times out of 10 safes will open with only a couple of Lockpicks. And if not....I've got my trust Steel Pick.

It sounds like it needs to work with doors. Also i understand that they nerfed them. I guess that is supposed to get people to want to speck into the perk, but to be frank why pick a lock when there are no cops to stop you?

It probably depends if you are playing single player or with 2 or 3 other people as well.

But there are some perks that no one in my group touch:

- Javelin Master

- Lock Picking

- Infiltrator

- Animal Tracker

- Deep Cuts

- Flurry of Blows

- From the Shadows

- Well Insulated

Everything seems to have some use depending on your style of play.

And for the record I love the Parkour skill - Combined with light armour/run and gun you can keep out of the way of most zombies and

run rings around them on hoard night.

Archived