Stealth

SickPuppy

What's everyone experience with going stealth?

Previous alphas I used to enjoy stealthing with night vision goggles and I'm hearing some say they're clearing T5 quests easily by sneaking around. But I'm just not seeing it happen:

+ 5/5 From the Shadows

+ tried padded armor 0 noise

+ tried adv mufflers for all armor pieces

+ remove debris from floor

+ avoiding metal plated floors

+ shooting breakable lights

+ no headlight it bumps up detection massively, just torches or burning mod on weapon

All that and I'm literally inching forward watching my detection bar at 7 and suddenly everything in the room just wakes up. It's like certain pois/rooms are triggered to always wake up zeds no matter what.

It's not all the time, when stealth works + Hidden Strike it feels great. But atm it feels like a lottery whether zeds wake up or not. Is that how it's designed to be?

There's a Nightmare book that gives 0 encumberance at night, but then nvg is a rare drop, so I have to use other lighting, which wakes up zombies...stealth feels like a strange rock paper scissor build atm that doesn't get along. And no, turning up the gamma is one of the most immersion breaking mechanics I've ever heard. When I watch streamers do this I switch channel immediately, it's disgusting. What's next aimbot for the moonwalking zombies? No.

Is it working for anyone?

I had fun with it for the short time I did a stealth build, but I died twice in POIs with the "event jump-scare" where a zombie or multiple fall down o ntop of you, and I wasn't too far in so I had bad leather armor on and got 1-shot due to low hp after taking damage at night (due to what you said about it's hard to find NVG and sometimes you wake stuff up with a flashlight)

But yeah, I had a lot of fun with it.

I've only had a short stealth run by now, but I was waking up couple disctinct rooms at least three times in the same POI. Pretty much on the moment of spawn, they would start moving. By the third time, I was intentionally trying to figure it out, so I'm pretty confident that it wasn't all my fault, those rooms behaved different to the rest of the POI.

The place was one of those "three stores" setups, business_strip_old_04, I think. Rooms, shotty messiah "front desk" and then a large storage room with cobblestone/cement bags on shelves laters.

Just yesterday i went up a roof. In full iron/scrap armor. Running up the ladder, opening a hatch entering the roof in full speed. Just to stop directly in front of a sleeper who was one block away from the hatch. He didn´t wake up. Whole sleepers still seem to be buggy or something.

I had fun with it for the short time I did a stealth build, but I died twice in POIs with the "event jump-scare" where a zombie or multiple fall down o ntop of you, and I wasn't too far in so I had bad leather armor on and got 1-shot due to low hp after taking damage at night (due to what you said about it's hard to find NVG and sometimes you wake stuff up with a flashlight)

But yeah, I had a lot of fun with it.

Yeah the overhead zombies seem auto triggered no matter what.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909133947

This gas station was one of the pois when I was tapping w inching forward with the full adv muffled connectors on, detection level under 10, the shop area when you walk in from the toilet triggered every zombie in the shop and also upstairs offices the suit guys would fall from the ceiling no matter what. It was daytime too so no light source coming from me.

I have not tried a full stealth build but really enjoy part stealth. Go quietly, watch carefully where you walk and use a crossbow. I can normally clear a decent number of zeds in a poi this way, just not all as you sometimes wake them regardless.

I've only had a short stealth run by now, but I was waking up couple disctinct rooms at least three times in the same POI. Pretty much on the moment of spawn, they would start moving. By the third time, I was intentionally trying to figure it out, so I'm pretty confident that it wasn't all my fault, those rooms behaved different to the rest of the POI.

The place was one of those "three stores" setups, business_strip_old_04, I think. Rooms, shotty messiah "front desk" and then a large storage room with cobblestone/cement bags on shelves laters.

Maybe it's a work in progress or designed this way to add challenge, just a tad disappointed to spec into stealth, get all the mods and then wake all zombies in a room.

Or maybe we need the Ghillie suit + nvg to have high % stealth chance? Ghillie suit in a poi though? Stick out like a raging boner in a nunnery.

Just yesterday i went up a roof. In full iron/scrap armor. Running up the ladder, opening a hatch entering the roof in full speed. Just to stop directly in front of a sleeper who was one block away from the hatch. He didn´t wake up. Whole sleepers still seem to be buggy or something.

I just started a new game full Strength gung-ho sledgehammer build. Found a headlight on day1 been walking upto zombies in pois with my detection at 100 and some don't wake up. I feel robbed spending 30+ days not using headlights sneaking around in my Agility build.

Archived