Stacks should be larger in storage containers.

secateurs

Player's inventory should stay limited but stack sizes should be much larger in storage, perhaps unlimited.

The game has a huge problem with inventory management and this one way to help without making anything too easy

that is actually the point you know? Inventory management in a survival game is a design element that makes sense...a chest the size of a dresser drawer already can hold 6k lumps of coal in 1 slot (of which I would assume each lump to be about plum size) why would you need more space?

make another chest at that point, its not like they are expensive

that is actually the point you know?

The point is to have a base filled with dozens of boxes because of an arbitrary stack limit, no that's pointless and frustrating. adds nothing to challenge, detracts from aesthetic and wastes time.

Limited player inventory is an important mechanic, at home it shouldn't matter.

adds nothing to challenge, detracts from aesthetic and wastes time.

Limited player inventory is an important mechanic, at home it shouldn't matter.

and yet you need more, so it does add challenge, and aesthetic and time waste? its called survival...if you have time to complain about not looking nice you don't play hard enough (or maybe you prefer easy, I can't judge honestly, so if so, you do you) and yes limited space at home DOES matter..why should you have an infinite pocket at home, but not out and about? you could make the Storage Boxes and paint em to look like walls, that's always an option, then its hidden storage (something that IS aesthetically pleasing, at least from a real estate perspective)

All I know, for myself, is that rush When I need an item because Screamers are outside and I open 2 boxes and can't find what I need cuz I didn't organize, I realize I might be in trouble, which adds more of a dangerous feeling when you play Dead is Dead like I do

again, these are MY opinions, and I do see the point of infinite home storage...it just makes no sense to need it

I think it will change anyway, the current system of brown cubes is obviously temporary. We'll have a food freezer, ammo bin, tool chest, gun rack, ore silos etc eventually. There's be a fairly constant rate of streamlining and removing pointless crap, we no longer need to pick up the crap we mine, or turn logs into sticks, or hunt down a pistol receiver or craft specific block shapes.

I think it will change anyway, the current system of brown cubes is obviously temporary. We'll have a food freezer, ammo bin, tool chest, gun rack, ore silos etc eventually. There's be a fairly constant rate of streamlining and removing pointless crap, we no longer need to pick up the crap we mine, or turn logs into sticks, or hunt down a pistol receiver or craft specific block shapes.

I am confused, how is adding a bunch of different specialized containers to replace a single "brown cube" streamlining?

I am confused, how is adding a bunch of different specialized containers to replace a single "brown cube" streamlining?

it isn't, its a contradiction wrapped up in what he wants as aesthetic (which is already possible to a degree, you can easily make a beer fridge by painting the storage crate, ammo bin? is that any different than a chest dedicated to ammo? gun rack? whats the point? you make it seem like this is some player home in some MMO where you show off your "legendary" drops to newbs

it isn't, its a contradiction wrapped up in what he wants as aesthetic (which is already possible to a degree, you can easily make a beer fridge by painting the storage crate, ammo bin? is that any different than a chest dedicated to ammo? gun rack? whats the point? you make it seem like this is some player home in some MMO where you show off your "legendary" drops to newbs

Pretty sure we can still make the specialized boxes with the table saw too. And can we still craft labels? I dont usually bother with all that but pretty sure it is all still there.

bigger stack sizes, what the thread is about.

I don't think the future of bases is packing 20 or 30 mystery boxes into your living space

I am not confused about the topic of the thread. I was confused by contradictory nature of your reply within the thread.

Hence the question which you deleted from my quote and ignored.

And besides, there are other options besides having "mystery boxes" already.

1) The labeled boxes you can craft in a table saw.

2) The labels you can craft and place above storage boxes, wall safes, and gunsafes

3) Custom boxes like beer fridges

Unless these were removed with a18, if they were I am sure some will be brought back. (I will check now, I dont usually care much to make them so I am not sure)

After some quick testing, Labeled boxes are no longer there. And the labels are "wooden sign"

What replaced them is blank wooden boxes (Wooden Storage/ furiture). You craft the frame-sized boxes, craft the wooden signs, then place the wooden sign on the box and label it whatever you want.

Or make normal storage chests, safes, etc. and place the wooden sign above them on the wall.

*Edit- Oh ya no table saw or workbench needed, can craft in your inventory

I am not confused about the topic of the thread.

Ok good, because they're complimentary ideas.

Brown blocks are ugly, confusing and anti immersion. Stack limits in base are pointless frustration, time spent with your head in a menu is not quality gameplay. I'd rather watch the show than look for the remote, you know? (this is an analogy I am using to illustrate that I believe being active in the game world is more fun than looking at a grid dragging icons around).

Archived