Please add Hardcore Mode!

Matt5

For the love of God, this game needs hardcore mode so so badly.

This is a survival game, where you:

- hunt for food, farm food, so you don't starve

- boil water, make drinks, so you don't dehydrate

- build base, traps, fortifications, weapons, so you don't get eaten by zombies

You do all this work for what? SURVIVAL. All you want to do is survive.

And then when you finally die you just respawn just 10m away like nothing ever happened and keep respawning on that 7th day over and over again until its finally over and then you just keep playing the game like nothing even happened.

But actually, you died, you did not survive the 7th day, yet, still you are there, you are fighting for survival, doing everything to survive, but what's the point?

If you can just die and live again without any consequences other than a bit of exp loss.

There is no fear of death at all in my opinion, it isn't interesting, there's no tension, I don't care if I die in this game, yet, death should be something you try to avoid at all costs.

I know not all people think like I do, but please, for players like me, add a mode where you only have one life and one life only, death means death, world deleted, you didn't have what it takes to survive and you should try better next time!

Thank you!

its easy enough for someone to have self control and play Dead is Dead and delete a world when they die...I do, I also play 50% loot, always run (although I stick at warrior difficulty because too much tanky zombies is kinda dumb, they are rotting after all)

TLDR : Dead is Dead is what a lot of players play, and we delete after a death, no need for a mode if you have self control

I do this automatically in PVE, I cant help it. If I died it means I failed. Sucks when it is pretty far in a play-through, I might hesitate for minute and think about it, but I always end up starting over.

I think in the game, its stated you "almost died". So its like you got got 1/2 eaten by zombies and miraculously survived and woke up later with a debuff from the experience tho. Maybe our character is immune to the zombies, and makes sense why they are one of the few survivors left, idk.

And then when you finally die you just respawn just 10m away like nothing ever happened and keep respawning on that 7th day over and over again until its finally over and then you just keep playing the game like nothing even happened.

But actually, you died, you did not survive the 7th day, yet, still you are there, you are fighting for survival, doing everything to survive, but what's the point?

If you can just die and live again without any consequences other than a bit of exp loss.

There is no fear of death at all in my opinion, it isn't interesting, there's no tension, I don't care if I die in this game, yet, death should be something you try to avoid at all costs.

I know not all people think like I do, but please, for players like me, add a mode where you only have one life and one life only, death means death, world deleted, you didn't have what it takes to survive and you should try better next time!

Thank you!

Sure why not? I can't see anything bad if they added something like this. Not sure if would be on their priority list but TFP's do surprise us sometimes.

Thank you!

It's been said MULTIPLE times they will probably add it in later but its literally the LOWEST priority because you can do it yourself and just delete save when you die.

True Survival mod when it was maintained implemented this the best way I had seen. Every time you died you lost 10 max health. You could regain it through intensive long term eating over time but it was very slow.... If you died 9 times in a row in horde night your game was effectively over because it wasnt really playable after that with only 10 max health.... I really liked the feel of the fear you had lingering over you because of that. It wasnt all or nothing like 1 death would be, but had the same effect, so a little room for mistakes.

Hardcore mode is already a part of the game. Just enable the options "delete all on death" and you lose all your stuff if you die.

Just need to implement a level-down + respec penalty to complete the effect, at which point you'd basically be 'some other' survivor in the same world.

Archived