Hunting Rifle

humprey

On 10/25/2019 at 8:35 AM, Whorhay said:

Sure the Hunting Rifle could be better, but it's pretty good as is. If you funnel the zombies and slow them with barbed wire or other traps you can hold off the hordes. Even without AP ammunition I used it for my horde defense weapon all the way to day 39 when I finally found a Marksman rifle. Even now that I have one though I'm not sure if it'll work out as well as the Hunting Rifle, with the lower damage base I'm not sure that it'll put everything down in one shot.

I too love hunting rifle in game and in real life 😛

I see a lot of arguments about resource effectivity (because that is to what it basically boils down, 2x damage per 7.62 bullet vs about double the dps at higher resource cost). 

I have not done the numbers for a19, but for a18.4 (I assume its the same still as I did not see much about it in patch notes). Basically - leaving the build/perks out of it it really depends on where your resource bottleneck is. For example, best bang per brass is .44, best bang per lead is 9mm, best bang per feather is crossbow, etc. And ofc in reality (in a real game) where your perks are matters and well how good the RNGjesus is smiling upon thee. 

For vanilla settings the argument is, to a large degree, moot. The resources start to matter more if you have modded settings. Be it then increased zombie movement speed, dropping loot rate down to 30% or something else that makes resource management and being "efficient" more relevant. I'd say that in my opinion the weapon balance is sort of OK as it stands. There ARE some strange things, like, for example, stun batons / junk turrets needing specialized parts screwing anyone over who is first going down the int tree in some scenarios. 

a184wepons.png

3 hours ago, Tehnomaag said:

I see a lot of arguments about resource effectivity (because that is to what it basically boils down, 2x damage per 7.62 bullet vs about double the dps at higher resource cost). 

I have not done the numbers for a19, but for a18.4 (I assume its the same still as I did not see much about it in patch notes).

theres new 0.44 gun (desert vulture .. basically magnum on steroids) with higher damage than hunting rifle and  30+ range  13+modable magazine high fire rate and accuracy in a19  also  0.44  round cost  2 gunpowder compared to  7.62 3  soo yeah a19 changed alot

It saddens me that people still take Kage's opinions into consideration on anything.

Dude is always trashtalking weapons/perks/playstyles that he doesnt like and then EVERYTIME pulls the "it was just a joke, guys hur dur" card. Every. Time.

In my 3 (nearly 4) years of following up the 7DtD scene, easily the worst person you could ask opinions for on how things work/should work.

Biggest youtuber on this game, sure.. but he's got no sense of balancing and he's only fed information by his discord people.

Honestly, it's not good for dealing with more than one zombie at a time, and it's useless for hordes (I had to switch to a pistol for the first horde, because I needed the rate-of-fire) but it has it's place. 

If anything, the ak47 is too good. It's by far the best tier one weapon.

Shotgun and rifle only hold one/two rounds and reload slowly. Pistol has low damage, but shoots fast and holds a bunch of rounds. 

AK has power, a big mag and lots of damage.

Actually, there barely seems to be a difference between the first assault-rile and the second, beyond the increased damage-stat. Shotguns vastly change as you go up the tiers. Going from break-action to pump-action to drum-fed automatic. 

Handguns go from pistol to revolver to SMG. 

Rifles go from bolt-action to magazine fed.

To make it fit with the other crappy tier-1 guns, they need to make the AK47 suck more

Not sure how though. You can't make an automatic rifle bolt-action. 

Maybe swap it with an Uzi or something? SMG counts as a pistol somehow, but... An Uzi could be an automatic that fires pistol rounds but chews through it's magazine near instantly and severely lacks accuracy. 

That'd make the Assault Rifle feel like a big upgrade that you've been waiting for. 

Then the m60 having a box-mag would feel perfect for the final tier. 

I could see the marksman rifle being replaced with something lever action. Something that holds more than one round but still isn't magazine fed, to make the diffrence between the t2 rifle and the t3 (full modern sniper-rifle) feel much more weighty. 

15 minutes ago, iamnuff said:

Sniped

i think that once the pipe/makeshift weapons come in i think it should go like this!

Spoiler

Pipe AR;  15 shots, fires at full auto but a Simi slow rate but jams sometimes but allows you to fire again! (Boom...boom...boom...boom...boom..*Lock*... Boom!

AK: 20 rounds, Fires full-auto but at a slower rate, like (booom..booom..booom..boom..boom) and does slighty less damage

TAR: When burst have a Fast firerate like (Brrr...brrr.brrrr.brrrrbrrrr) but when full auto its faster then the AK. (Boooom.boooom.boooom.boooom.boom)

M60: BEAST! It should go. (Boomboombooomboomboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom) but has a high recoil 

Makeshift Rilfe: Like the hunting rifle. single shot Bolt action. not as good as OG hunting rifle!

Hunting Rifle: Has 5 Shots, loads with a Stripper Clip, but is still bolt action! but lower damage

Marksman rifle: Has 12 shoots, Simi auto, does much more damage!!!   Deals more damage the farther you are! 

Sniper Rifle: has 20 shots, Simi auto, Is a BEAST! but it does have a faster fire rate and less recoil! Deals Even more damage the farther you are! 

Pipe shotgun: Single shot, loads one shell, BOOM!

Double barrel: is not saw off, has much higher range, can fire both shells quickly and with the shotgun tube mod you can add 2 extra barrels!

Pump shotgun: Does More damage, more range, has 6 shells, PUMP!, and has simi less recoil!

Auto shotgun: has slightly less range but is simi auto!, but Tears Crap up!!!!!!!

Makeshift Pistol: Has 6 shots, slow loading uses 9mm, has low range, but is cheap and takes less time to craft

Makeshift Revolver: Has 4 shoots, uses 44, need to pull Hammer back, slow reload, much harder to make! but does not deal as much as Magnum!

Pistol: has 15 shots, simi auto but can be turned into Burst or Full auto!, its still the same!

Magnum: Has 6 shots, does more damage and has better recoil! 

SMG: The Same

Deagle: Same!

Primitive Bow: does bleed, has same damage, has a 2 twigs as a sight! Can fire More then one arrow when you Hold R!

Wooden Bow: Does more damage even with stone arrows, better bleed, Farther range, Has a makeshift Sight! can fire more then one Arrow while holding R

Compound Bow: DOES EVEN MORE DAMAGE even with stone arrows, does armor damage, Farther range, Much more power, can hold it longer to do even more damage!

Crossbow: The Same but does bleed!

Compound Crossbow: can Hold 3 arrows (6 with Extend Clip) Pump, Does Less armor damage, and has a faster fire rate! Can only shoot 1 special arrow at a time though! 

13 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

i think that once the pipe/makeshift weapons come in i think it should go like this!

Hide contents

Pipe AR;  15 shots, fires at full auto but a Simi slow rate but jams sometimes but allows you to fire again! (Boom...boom...boom...boom...boom..*Lock*... Boom!

AK: 20 rounds, Fires full-auto but at a slower rate, like (booom..booom..booom..boom..boom) and does slighty less damage

TAR: When burst have a Fast firerate like (Brrr...brrr.brrrr.brrrrbrrrr) but when full auto its faster then the AK. (Boooom.boooom.boooom.boooom.boom)

M60: BEAST! It should go. (Boomboombooomboomboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom) but has a high recoil 

Makeshift Rilfe: Like the hunting rifle. single shot Bolt action. not as good as OG hunting rifle!

Hunting Rifle: Has 5 Shots, loads with a Stripper Clip, but is still bolt action! but lower damage

Marksman rifle: Has 12 shoots, Simi auto, does much more damage!!!   Deals more damage the farther you are! 

Sniper Rifle: has 20 shots, Simi auto, Is a BEAST! but it does have a faster fire rate and less recoil! Deals Even more damage the farther you are! 

Pipe shotgun: Single shot, loads one shell, BOOM!

Double barrel: is not saw off, has much higher range, can fire both shells quickly and with the shotgun tube mod you can add 2 extra barrels!

Pump shotgun: Does More damage, more range, has 6 shells, PUMP!, and has simi less recoil!

Auto shotgun: has slightly less range but is simi auto!, but Tears Crap up!!!!!!!

Makeshift Pistol: Has 6 shots, slow loading uses 9mm, has low range, but is cheap and takes less time to craft

Makeshift Revolver: Has 4 shoots, uses 44, need to pull Hammer back, slow reload, much harder to make! but does not deal as much as Magnum!

Pistol: has 15 shots, simi auto but can be turned into Burst or Full auto!, its still the same!

Magnum: Has 6 shots, does more damage and has better recoil! 

SMG: The Same

Deagle: Same!

Primitive Bow: does bleed, has same damage, has a 2 twigs as a sight! Can fire More then one arrow when you Hold R!

Wooden Bow: Does more damage even with stone arrows, better bleed, Farther range, Has a makeshift Sight! can fire more then one Arrow while holding R

Compound Bow: DOES EVEN MORE DAMAGE even with stone arrows, does armor damage, Farther range, Much more power, can hold it longer to do even more damage!

Crossbow: The Same but does bleed!

Compound Crossbow: can Hold 3 arrows (6 with Extend Clip) Pump, Does Less armor damage, and has a faster fire rate! Can only shoot 1 special arrow at a time though! 

Well, we basically already have a pipe-shotgun with the blunderbuss, so I expect primitive guns to not use standard ammo. 

Make all the non-shotgun ones fire metal spikes or something. 

For other weapons... Probably just one pipe pistol, not two. Either a revolver or a sem-automatic.

The rifle sounds about right. 

For the machine-gun, I'd like it if it were a submachine gun, styled from an uzi or something. 

Yes I know the smg-5 somehow counts as a pistol, but the crappiest automatic weapon I can think of would definitely be one-handed and hard to aim. 

I wonder how primitive guns will work with the intelligence tree though?

We're already missing a bunch of options frm the stungun tree, and robots are struggling with low-tier stuff because... well. Robots don't really do 'stone-age' 

Only thing I can really think of is a turret that isn't autonomous and has to be manualy aimed and fired, but is powerful (if slow) to make up for it. 

Like a Ballista or something. 

For bows... firing more than one arrow at once seems unlikely. That kind of robin-hood thing feels off-theme. 

Personally, I'd love to see the primitive bow replaced with a sling. The primitive bow and the regular wooden bow are kind of identical, other than the primitive having sucky stats. That's kinda boring. 

Bit of cloth, bit of fiber, a rock. Off you go. 

Much simpler ammo than arrows, which require looting for feathers, but lower damage and harder to aim as a result. 

Me, taunting the zombies right before I get eaten. 

|

\/

7b3851a21aeeeff074e9df6885735686.jpg

Archived