Cosmetic Slot

e1ghtbit

There is currently a few mods like the cowboy hat mod that goes in there and makes any helmet a cowboy hat. No idea if they have plans for more.

My only suggestion on this line is that they should have a cosmetic mod slot AND a dye slot. But that is all kinda low on my priority wish list at the moment. Would be nice though, someday.

microtransactions would bring revenue to TFP but I would hope it doesn't happen, dyes technically ARE skins since it changes how it looks but doesn't affect stats (anymore at least)

I would assume any modder savvy enough could take say, a dye, and change how it looks on weapons (change everything about it but have it attached to the only "cosmetic" item)

personally, I just use it as a fun thing, not as anything beyond that (im not a CoD/Fortnite nerd who thinks cool looking somehow makes me play better XD )

Is there a future for this outside of dyes?

Do we expect weapon skins or microtransactions for unique skins?

Can modders make their own skins and use that slot for them?

What are the plans for it? What would you like the plans to be?

Hmm... players expecting microtransactions sounds like turkeys expecting Thanksgiving :)

There is currently a few mods like the cowboy hat mod that goes in there and makes any helmet a cowboy hat. No idea if they have plans for more.

My only suggestion on this line is that they should have a cosmetic mod slot AND a dye slot. But that is all kinda low on my priority wish list at the moment. Would be nice though, someday.

Hat mods don't go in the cosmetic slot. They probably should, but they don't.

Well the hat mods to have effects like heat\cold resist as well as change the look of the item. I was hoping for maybe a mod that goes in the dye slot of the knuckles that give wolverine like claws. Or maybe that change the steel hammer to a rod with a concrete head.

Just some silly things to change it up a bit.

Archived