SMXmenu - (Alpha19)

Sirillion

1E7m1Ep.jpg

yrV2yPA.png

// 7 Days to Die just updated to A18.1B8.

This version introduced some new options to the menus.

• Added: New options introduced with A18.1B7.

• Changed: Arrow asset for scrollable windows.

• New: Reworked the content for the new/continue game window.

• New: Reworked the content for the option windows.

Download links updated in the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

So the SMXMenu generates an NRE in the 18.2b5 experimental release, and it took a bit of poking to find out what's causing the error. (No, the SMXMenuPatch doesn't address this problem - I checked).

This is the error that comes up in the console:

2019-11-29T10:34:02 10.446 ERR [XUi] Failed initializing window group optionsVideo

2019-11-29T10:34:02 10.447 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_OptionsVideo.Init () [0x001a5] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

at XUiController.Init () [0x00023] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

at XUiWindowGroup.Init () [0x00009] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

at XUi+<LoadAsync>d__199.MoveNext () [0x00276] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<LoadAsync>d__199:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

After some poking through the XUiMenu\windows.xml file, I found that if I commented out the entire section under the heading "<!-- // SMX // Video Options Menu --> ", the error stops occurring. Now, I don't really understand what *exactly* is coughing up a lung in there, but clearly that seems to be the root of the issue. Sure, the video options now look stock, as opposed to the more attractive SMX treatment, but at least it works. Progress? ;)

So the SMXMenu generates an NRE in the 18.2b5 experimental release, and it took a bit of poking to find out what's causing the error. (No, the SMXMenuPatch doesn't address this problem - I checked).

This is the error that comes up in the console:

2019-11-29T10:34:02 10.446 ERR [XUi] Failed initializing window group optionsVideo

2019-11-29T10:34:02 10.447 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_OptionsVideo.Init () [0x001a5] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

at XUiController.Init () [0x00023] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

at XUiWindowGroup.Init () [0x00009] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

at XUi+<LoadAsync>d__199.MoveNext () [0x00276] in <090ac70841964a1faa431f23e2b8e0e3>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<LoadAsync>d__199:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

After some poking through the XUiMenu\windows.xml file, I found that if I commented out the entire section under the heading "<!-- // SMX // Video Options Menu --> ", the error stops occurring. Now, I don't really understand what *exactly* is coughing up a lung in there, but clearly that seems to be the root of the issue. Sure, the video options now look stock, as opposed to the more attractive SMX treatment, but at least it works. Progress? ;)

The issue is they adding a new video setting with the new experimental and as such the engine throws a fit since SMX doesn’t contain the option.

The patch needs an update, I will try to get it out later this evening.

1E7m1Ep.jpg

yrV2yPA.png

// 7 Days to Die just updated to A18.2B5.

This version introduced some new options to the menus.

• Added: New options introduced with A18.2B5.

• Changed: Did some more changes to the new / continue game UI panel.

Download links updated in the OP.

• 1 month later...

2020.07.12 - A test version of SMX has now been uploaded to Nexusmods.

Please be advised that SMXlib is now a new, mandatory, modlet that all must install to be able to use SMX, this modlet is a library that contains all the assets that the modlets use and share. If this modlet is not installed, then you will experience errors and SMX will not work.

The different modlets are now as follows:

MAINS:
1 - SMXlib (CORE) - A library of assets and styles that the modlets share between them. MANDATORY!
2 - SMXhud - Consists of SMXhud, SMXhudTHB and ZMXhudCP. This is the hud as you know it but with the target health bar built in and a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXhud and other modlets. (Don't want target health bars? Just deleted SMXhudTHB)
3 - SMXmenu - This is the menu as you know it.
4 - SMXui - Consists of SMXui and ZMXuiCP. This is the UI as you know it with a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXui and other modlets.

OPTIONALS:
1 - SMXhudTB10 - An extension that converts SMXhud to work with 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlets. Does not contain a 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlet!
2 - SMXuiBBM - Converts SMXui to use a 63 slot bigger bag modlet.
3 - SMXuiBBMxl - Converts SMXui to use a 99 slot bigger bag modlet. (110 slots can be obtained with editing the code)

Please try and read the instructions BEFORE asking for help. SMXlib is mandatory, install it with your modlets of choice.

Do NOT use the links in the OP. All download must be done from here for the time being...

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22?tab=files

// READ THIS FIRST! //

2020.07.18 - The experimental SMX version have been updated to support A19.0B169.

Please be advised that SMXlib is now a new, mandatory, modlet that all must install to be able to use SMX, this modlet is a library that contains all the assets that the modlets use and share. If this modlet is not installed, then you will experience errors and SMX will not work.

SMXhudTB10 does NOT make the tool belt have 10 slots, it just converts SMXhud to SUPPORT a 10 slot tool belt DMT mod. You will have to find and install a 10 slot tool belt DMT mod for it to work. Please do not make support claims for slot 9 and 10 not working if you do not have a 10 slot DMT mod installed. If you do not know how to find and install a 10 slot DMT mod then SMXhudTB10 is not for you!

// New as of 19.0.Release2 //

Some stuff have been moved around to further increase compatibility with other mods / modlets. Please be aware of the following changes:

SMXhudTHB has been moved to the compatibility branch and is now named ZMXhudCPTHB, delete SMXhudTHB when updating!
SMXuiBBM has been moved to the compatibility branch and is now named ZMXuiCPBBM, delete SMXuiBBM when updating!
SMXuiBBMxl has been moved to the compatibility branch and is now named ZMXuiCPBBMxl, delete SMXuiBBMxl when updating!

Failure to follow the above instructions can lead to unexpected results!

The different modlets are now as follows:

MAINS:
1 - SMXlib (CORE) - A library of assets and styles that the modlets share between them. MANDATORY!
2 - SMXhud - Consists of SMXhud, ZMXhudCP & ZMXhudCPTHB. This is the hud as you know it but with the target health bar built in and a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXhud and other modlets. (Don't want target health bars? Just deleted ZMXhudCPTHB)
3 - SMXmenu - This is the menu as you know it.
4 - SMXui - Consists of SMXui and ZMXuiCP. This is the UI as you know it with a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXui and other modlets.

OPTIONALS:
1 - SMXhudTB10 - An extension that converts SMXhud to work with 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlets. Does not contain a 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlet!
2 - ZMXuiCPBBM - Converts SMXui to use a 63 slot bigger bag modlet.
3 - ZMXuiCPBBMxl - Converts SMXui to use a 99 slot bigger bag modlet. Requires ZMXuiCPBBM to work. (110 slots can be obtained with editing the code)

Please try and read the instructions BEFORE asking for help. SMXlib is mandatory, install it with your modlets of choice.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS

I really like your UI Mod. Last update (A19.173) broke the Menu modlet :( ESC to open the menu doesn't work anymore. All other modlets from the UI are working fine though. I am still able to use everything but the menu modlet (removed the folder from the mods folder for testing).

Hopefully there will be a fix soon :)

and stuff...

7 hours ago, manymoles said:

I really like your UI Mod. Last update (A19.173) broke the Menu modlet :( ESC to open the menu doesn't work anymore. All other modlets from the UI are working fine though. I am still able to use everything but the menu modlet (removed the folder from the mods folder for testing).

Hopefully there will be a fix soon :)

and stuff...

Updated now, get it from Nexus.

• 4 weeks later...

èhi great !:)

an error:

(XUI) failes initializing window gruop options video.

When i try to open video options the console gives me this error: window optionsVideo unknown!

I run alpha 19.stable, just tried to convalidate files by steam but no good news :(

42 minutes ago, Ryu.ita said:

èhi great !:)

an error:

(XUI) failes initializing window gruop options video.

When i try to open video options the console gives me this error: window optionsVideo unknown!

I run alpha 19.stable, just tried to convalidate files by steam but no good news :(

Update SMX.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22?tab=files&BH=5

• xyth locked this topic

Archived