18.5 minutes to generate a simple 8k map? FPS 300% lower than a17? Ok that's cool

Mephistopheles

Took 18 minutes and 43 seconds to generate a simple 8k map. Plugged in the same settings I used in a17 and got 17-20FPS out in the middle of nowhere, whereas I used to get 50-65FPS in a17. Cranked everything down to absolutely the lowest possible settings to where everything looks like

and still only got 34-37FPS.

This is unplayable, so let me know when all the optimization we heard about actually gets implemented.

10 min 31 sec to generate a map for myself. Have decent FPS on a variety of settings. High to medium in most cases.

Sure the map generated is broken as hell, but I'm not currently experiencing the poor performance that some are stating the update does and I'm by all means not using anything crazy top of the line.

This machine is only using an i5 4690k & an RX 570 (and is on an SSD of course.)

Took 18 minutes and 43 seconds to generate a simple 8k map. Plugged in the same settings I used in a17 and got 17-20FPS out in the middle of nowhere, whereas I used to get 50-65FPS in a17. Cranked everything down to absolutely the lowest possible settings to where everything looks like
and still only got 34-37FPS.

This is unplayable, so let me know when all the optimization we heard about actually gets implemented.

I'm having the same problem. I had literally no problems with FPS in any previous alpha. I used to get between 50-60 on the highest settings. Now on the absolute lowest settings I am getting about 20fps. Sometimes dipping to as low as 5-10. It's basically unplayable for me. I wish I knew what was causing it as i see many others are having much increased performance.

I'm having the same problem. I had literally no problems with FPS in any previous alpha. I used to get between 50-60 on the highest settings. Now on the absolute lowest settings I am getting about 20fps. Sometimes dipping to as low as 5-10. It's basically unplayable for me. I wish I knew what was causing it as i see many others are having much increased performance.

Well, first up, make sure it's an absolutely clean install - delete the old install, wipe the directory etc etc. Make sure your drivers are up to date (usual suspects) and then submit a bug report, detailing your hardware and drivers as much as possible.

No doubt there's people getting genuinely crappy FPS, it being a new Alpha 'n all, but what's golden is detailed bug reports, including hardware and driver details.

Archived