Release Date of A18?

Bilbo Swaggins

Why would you say that? WHY!!?

Because it gives me the giggles. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I need to prototype and find out what angle of object doesn't collide. Obviously 22.5 is too steep.

Or just make them flush with the ground. Like real bridges are.

• 5 weeks later...
I have to admit I would like to know at least a reasonably accurate approximation too. I put a server online in anticipation of a18 (cause we all stopped playing / hated a17), but then the release was changed from the original estimate. It does cost me $30 a month to keep the damn thing running and I'm not even playing on it myself because I can't stand a17.

This is one of the less talked about problems of posting release dates that aren't adhered to. It cost the server owners real money to keep the damn things running. If I had known that your release date wasn't going to be in June as promised I would have turned the server off for 2 months and used the money for something else. Instead now we are in the "indeterminate" release time phase again and I don't know if I should turn it off or not. If I do it may come out next week, if I don't it may come out in 3 months. Please take us into consideration when making these types of arbitrary promises in the future. You may make a lot of money from this but the server owners do not.

We do contribute to your sales and popularity by maintaining well run servers. All we ask in return is that you pick a release date and stick to it. It's better to say "sometime in 2019" than to say "by the end of the month". So tell me please, do I turn the damn thing back off again now or is it worth leaving it running because we are very close? Can you at least tell us that much? My servers population won't be happy but they will understand if I turn it off because of a lack of release time info. I would prefer not to disappoint the 40+ people I cater to though, so help me out here.

Cheers.

Then quit paying for a server and do it your damn self?

They literally give you freeware to do so sooo.... What are you complaining about except your own unwillingness to use freeware and set it up yourself?

fireRisk.jpg.059b073997692bb8340ce5d5ec56b867.jpg

Release Chance

Ill share my internal mental gauge with you. Since there is streaming and testing going to days in the double digits we are likely in the Very High / Extreme range. IMO they'd commit to a date when we get to Critical, or better yet from what I've seen of the past it just gets released immediately to experimental when it gets to critical.

None of this relates to time, this is just my favorite image for how "Done" something can be or how "Soon" you could expect it. I am solidly in the camp of it is done when it gets done and Ill be just as happy to play it in November as I would be Tomorrow.

Archived