Gnamod UI

Haidrgna

• 3 months later...

Gnamod UI has been Updated to A18 Experimental!

Changes

- Added windows newly created for A18 such as the Shape Menu (still in original state).

- Changed how icons are displayed in most menu's to accommodate the new 160x160 Icon size.

- Added the Type icon display for items where it was appropriate.

- Updated the Recipe display so that it makes use of the new buttons: Ingredients, Description and Unlocked By.

- Added space for the Cosmetic slot on the assemble window.

- Modlet now sets the maximum attainable bagsize to 88 for the player, this means you can take advantage of all perks, pocket mods etc to unlock slots beyond the original maximum.

- Enabled the Stash All buttons (currently still placeholder icons). These buttons were added as mod support in A18 and allow stashing of all items, items that already have a stack there or just filling existing stacks. There is also a slider to lock x slots so that you can keep items there.

Known Issues

- The new Bellows and Anvils will stack in the tool slot, so you can cheat by adding more and eliminate smelt and craft times completely. I will see about options to fix this.

Planned Features (A18 +)

- Update sceenshots to 4k, A18 goodness.

- Add a modlet to change the toolbar so it is on the bottom center like vanilla (since some people are having trouble adjusting to the location of the toolbar).

- Overhaul the remaining windows such as Skills, Quests, Players etc.

- Overhaul the Main Menu to fit the style.

- Update/change icons and logo's.

- Add color scheme modlets to swap between some different color styles for the UI.

• 2 weeks later...

Food and water on the HUD are not planned for the main UI. Might make a modlet for it at some point. Adding them is not that easy since it will not show the proper value for over-eating/drinking. There are some hacks but frankly not knowing exactly how hungry or thirsty your character is, is part of the experience.

Working well wtih a18.1 (b2) and pickup "E" plants mod.

Only icon issue with skill panel, the upper icons (intellect etc.) is too big. Not game braking bug.

Yeah that is a known issue, they take from the same control as some other changes, but I did not yet touch this menu. The next update I will touch this menu and fix those icons along with it.

Should work with pretty much any modlet for A18.1 that does not touch the UI. If a modlet does, load it after this, but results may not be optimal for those.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you not have duping issues with your mod?

This UI, used as a standalone, causes duping of items when items are put into the extra workstations slots, tools, output, fuel, when you place down a workstation identical to the one that contains the items in extra slots.

Yeah it seems to cause the issue the first time a world is loaded, after that the effect stopped for me in tests. I am not sure how it works in multiplayer/server. So far I have not found a way to reliable abuse it except the first time a game is started and the only way to completely remove it is to remove all the extra slots. I think saving and loading locks the new value of the max slots, preventing further issues.

It likely will require a dll mod to completely prevent it, which would make the mod less accessible :( .

Edit: Seems the problem is worse in A18 or worse than I remember, but it links any new station placed to the first or if removed last one placed and dupe the slot contents of slots above the default count. I am going to see how to prevent this, especially in cheap campfires this is a problem.

When I try to use it I get stuck on "loading ui". I got quite a few other mods to be fair, but none that change the ui.

Just thought I'd share. I'm on the latest exp version.

Please share your logs and operating system as well trying to load it without any other modlets. In the past people running mac/unix based OS had issues loading UI mods so it could still be an issue.

https://pastebin.com/7wPucrau

I'm on windows 10

Seems you are running into conflict with Mayics Weaponry. Seems this modlet is trying to alter and or insert UI elements, but considering Gnamod UI is an overhaul and those elements may no longer exists, differently positioned or under different names, it may create a wrongly formatted UI code. You can try disabling this or loading it before Gnamod UI. In the latter case Gnamod UI will simply overwrite any changes done by it (but also killing off its changes).

You can see if you can adjust the modlet or ask the creator to adjust his modlet so it can also work with the Gnamod UI.

Edit: Also there is no need to load a modlet to add Custom Backpack buttons, Gnamod UI already includes those buttons, although not yet with a fancy icon, will appear as arrows. :)

I'm running into an issue with this mod[and sorry if I posted this in the wrong mod area]

but the materials portion is hard to read.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30549[/ATTACH]

Hmm I thought I had that fixed, maybe I did not push the fix, did you load the version from the Launcher or the manual? I will take a look later today to make sure all versions have the latest fixes in them.

It's the manual one.

Manual versions have a tendency to lag behind on minor fixes. I will update it soon, since this issue is fixed on the other version.

Edit: I have just updated the manual download versions of both the UI and Gnamod Core. The zip files are still on 0.6.1 because that is still the development working version number.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Seems you are running into conflict with Mayics Weaponry. Seems this modlet is trying to alter and or insert UI elements, but considering Gnamod UI is an overhaul and those elements may no longer exists, differently positioned or under different names, it may create a wrongly formatted UI code. You can try disabling this or loading it before Gnamod UI. In the latter case Gnamod UI will simply overwrite any changes done by it (but also killing off its changes).

You can see if you can adjust the modlet or ask the creator to adjust his modlet so it can also work with the Gnamod UI.

Edit: Also there is no need to load a modlet to add Custom Backpack buttons, Gnamod UI already includes those buttons, although not yet with a fancy icon, will appear as arrows. :)

Ohh, that makes sense. I'll remove that mod then, seems a bit unstable atm anyways.

Thanks! :) Love the ui, it looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wondering if there is a way to unlock/open the rest of the backpack inventory slots after getting all the perks within Pack Mule?

You can stack pocket mods on all clothes and armor. Then you will reach the vanilla maximum. The UI mod only stretches the limit, it does not add gameplay functions to further unlock slots, if you want that you may want to modify progression to unlock more slots with pack mule, increase effect of pocket mods or even add some book tp do it.

Archived