From a17 to a18

Gavb12345

Damn what's the ethic behind this though? Surely you improve what's wrote in the xmls and add to it and not develop it from the ground up on every major update? But Damn I guess I'll probably never make it to a18 for my survival base build then... that's a shame and I struggle to see why it's like this when the amount of work some of us put in to a huge base... guess it'll be creative a18 if anything or on a server... no way I can do another solo survival lool already taken me 105 days 120 min days to build half my base as it stands lol

Actually isn't there a way to the base I've made and place it in the newer version of a18? Like there must be some way of tranfering what's made to the new version like if it just be the base I've made and not the world I'm in? I swear I saw Mr reach on YouTube using a base that someone mad as he downloaded it online somewhere to be able to bring it in to his game or is that just for the current version and won't go to the next version etc... must be some work around for it... Would really like more light options like a16 and paint options which I'd assume will be in a18 unless they plan to cut back on that sort of decor?

Sure there is. There is even a tool for it built into the game. Not only for exporting/importing the prefab, but also for converting the prefab from one version to the next. The import/export ability has been in for a while, but got some nice UI addins for a17 to make it really easy to use. The ability to convert to the new version was added in a17 because the block code in the xml was completely redone to make it more efficient, and to get around the previous limitation to the number of possible blocks.

And again, this is the very nature of Alpha development phase of software development. If you are having trouble dealing with that, you should not be participating in games that aren't finished yet. Even between Beta and full release there is typically a wipe of data required.

Damn what's the ethic behind this though? Surely you improve what's wrote in the xmls and add to it and not develop it from the ground up on every major update? But Damn I guess I'll probably never make it to a18 for my survival base build then... that's a shame and I struggle to see why it's like this when the amount of work some of us put in to a huge base... guess it'll be creative a18 if anything or on a server... no way I can do another solo survival lool already taken me 105 days 120 min days to build half my base as it stands lol

Damn, 2 hour days and you're on Day 105? And only half a base built? What have you been doing the whole time? :playful:

In seriousness though, are you fairly new to the game? Because if so, it'll surprise you how much more quickly you progress when you start a new game. I usually run 60 minute days, but have done 75 before on a server I ran and it felt perfect to me. Might go back to that when A18 drops.

Ethics are good for two reasons

1) The game is clearly advertised as still being in development. They didn’t try to hide that fact and sell an unfinished game as a finished game.

2) the current version can be opted into. They don’t force anyone to update. You can continue your save by opting in to 17.4 and playing to completion without being messed up by the update.

Sure there is. There is even a tool for it built into the game. Not only for exporting/importing the prefab, but also for converting the prefab from one version to the next. The import/export ability has been in for a while, but got some nice UI addins for a17 to make it really easy to use. The ability to convert to the new version was added in a17 because the block code in the xml was completely redone to make it more efficient, and to get around the previous limitation to the number of possible blocks.

And again, this is the very nature of Alpha development phase of software development. If you are having trouble dealing with that, you should not be participating in games that aren't finished yet. Even between Beta and full release there is typically a wipe of data required.

Is there a complete guide on how export/import the prefab I make? And glad there's that option!

Damn, 2 hour days and you're on Day 105? And only half a base built? What have you been doing the whole time? :playful:

In seriousness though, are you fairly new to the game? Because if so, it'll surprise you how much more quickly you progress when you start a new game. I usually run 60 minute days, but have done 75 before on a server I ran and it felt perfect to me. Might go back to that when A18 drops.

Indeed lol but I'm using a Xbox one controller and making a huge base worth admiring for what it's worth and doing every spec of it on survival solo rwg without creative apart from the need of making a deep swimming pool that was the only time I implemented it which defeated my tiring grind to complete my base lol and upgrading is a mission without creative but that's the choice I've taken, I have to construct temporary structures time and time again to add all my higher levels, with 6 floors so far in order of trap floor, craft floor, iron bar floor for zombie hordes, vehicle parking floor, farm floor and storage, and my next floor has a cinema and a swimming pool and soon a bar, library and maybe a sauna and steam room if I can pull it off and then I guess bedrooms on the next floor followed by a helipad.... but it's the grind that keeps me content with playing and no blueprint to predict the mistakes I've made and how long it takes to correct them with a auger and I've played the Xbox version more so prior to seeing no wiping base bugs on pc which made me give up the Xbox version

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a complete guide on how export/import the prefab I make? And glad there's that option!

I'm a noob when it comes to this shiznick!

Archived