Awful performance in my base during daytime =(

apostrophe

Have you turned reflections off/down to low? Lighting isn't finished yet (Should see a rework of some lighting systems in A18 if I remember correctly) so once that is optimized performance should go way up. I used to get 30 FPS all the time with reflections on High, but I reduced the quality and get 60 most of the time.

I've turned off Vsync and Reflective shadows (or whatever) but performance in and around my base is sluggish as hell. Is it because I'm next to a lake? Anyway to fight this? It feels like my character is wearing a neck brace.

Are you using solar panels ? These are known to create lag in the game when charging the batteries.

an unofficial tip... i turn off shadows completely and my fps jumped up drastically... i can play with all bells and whistles... but with new texture changes and upcoming changes... i really dont need everything on max now. just food for thought and 1 last thing... set (your) water settings to medium and particles low.. see if it helps. good luck

With you guys' suggestions the game now runs smoothly! I've also decreased the blur motion effect, and now gameplay is just perfect. Thanks!

didnt think motion blur was needed to be mentioned... not very many people want it turned on anyways. glad to hear things worked out. :)

didnt think motion blur was needed to be mentioned... not very many people want it turned on anyways. glad to hear things worked out. :)

Back in the day, each new Alpha, the first thing I did was remap the Q key off of Drop.

Now it's turn Motion Blur off. ;-)

Archived