DMT Modding Tool

HAL9000

• 2 weeks later...

Are some "examples" or "tutorials" om some basic (and I mean basic) implementations of Harmony ? .. I tried the toolTip method posted by Seph , but, it didnt seem to work for some reason .. i was pretty much a copy and paste and compile, but the toolTips where still showing when being hovered over .. 

Its "yeeears" since i coded anything significant, but, I do have some knowledge :)

Thanks 

Hello wyldehart,

Your best bets are just googling "harmony modding" and reading up on the matter, checking out other modders work and head to Guppy's discord server https://discord.gg/vMxCrYf there's a DMT channel where a lot of the modders hang out and answer questions if you get stuck

If you haven't coded for a while or haven't used c# before I'd do some reading around it to get familiar with the syntax

• 1 month later...

hey is there any way to remove the wasteland biomes from nitrogen? i play DF+ sorc mod with my kid and the rad zones r too much for her. i need the burnt biome for fire essences, but i cant seem to figure out how to add burnt biome without the insta-death rad zones lol. just editing the biomes.png creates errors for me-- entire chunks just go missing. or is there a way to reuse a biome.png like u can for a heightmap (def would be the best route for the kind of map i wanna make lol)? any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

3 hours ago, knivez1 said:

hey is there any way to remove the wasteland biomes from nitrogen? i play DF+ sorc mod with my kid and the rad zones r too much for her. i need the burnt biome for fire essences, but i cant seem to figure out how to add burnt biome without the insta-death rad zones lol. just editing the biomes.png creates errors for me-- entire chunks just go missing. or is there a way to reuse a biome.png like u can for a heightmap (def would be the best route for the kind of map i wanna make lol)? any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

Maybe here would be better to ask: 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm just trying to mod my main menu music.  Started here: 

https://7daystodiemods.com/menu-music/

Got the special DMT version downloaded and ran the .exe, but I'm not finding any instructions for creating the custom menu music.  I got a sound file I want to use saved on audacity can can export it to any format.  I just need to know how to plug it into DMT and compile the new game file.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, lostReincarnation said:

Hi! I've been working on a modlet but I'm having trouble with the hardcoded limit of 5 items max for a recipe. I read somewhere (maybe on Undead Legacy topic) that it could be surpassed by using Harmony custom hooks to extend this limit. Could someone give me more information about how can I do it ?

Thanks!

I have a modlet for it that’s xml

only (no DMT or harmony) that allows you to see/use 5 more ingredients.  It’s a bit rough, visually, (I am not a UI person) but it might be a start or useable as-is. I bet you could add 2 or 4 more to max it out at 14 ingredients and keep the vanilla recipe window size and mostly 

look/feel. 

Doughs modlets

Modlet: UIAddFiveRecipeIngredients

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a quick question. I assume this tool will only handle DMT modlets, right? Or could it be used as a modlet manager in general, similar to how the Mod Launcher works?

(I always use the Mod Launcher - I'm asking in order to give users instructions about installing my own modlets, in my README file.)

Also:

On 12/8/2020 at 5:46 PM, Pritch said:

Hey everyone, I'm just trying to mod my main menu music.  Started here: 

https://7daystodiemods.com/menu-music/

Got the special DMT version downloaded and ran the .exe, but I'm not finding any instructions for creating the custom menu music.  I got a sound file I want to use saved on audacity can can export it to any format.  I just need to know how to plug it into DMT and compile the new game file.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.  Thanks!

(I know the question was asked months ago, but better late than never...)

You should probably ask in TormentedEmu's thread:

In general, I think you'll get more help asking about modlets in the thread about that modlet, rather than this one.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like some XML in your files isn't valid and it's trying to parse it, whichever xml contains "ShowRaycastHitName" should be the culprit

Just now, sphereii said:

Which DMT mods are you trying to build? It seems like maybe one of the ModInfo.xml may be mal-formed

Jinx

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, feenjareen said:

Virustotal.com Showed positives from 12 different antivirus programs on the CSharp Assembly DLL file. Downloaded The dll file from a verified DLL distributing site and had 0 positives. Something here is fishy

False positives.  I use it daily, no problems here.

1 hour ago, sphereii said:

False positives.  I use it daily, no problems here.

Doesn't mean that something couldn't be happening that you don't know about- That's how most half decent viruses work. Regardless, I replaced the fishy CSharp DLL with the clean one and it works fine.

21 hours ago, feenjareen said:

Virustotal.com Showed positives from 12 different antivirus programs on the CSharp Assembly DLL file. Downloaded The dll file from a verified DLL distributing site and had 0 positives. Something here is fishy

The Assembly-CSharp.dll file is an exact copy of the game's A19.0 release. You can verify that by going to steam and downloading A19.0 to compare for your self. They're byte-for-byte identical. So unless the whole game's a virus I wouldn't worry about it. 

Unless "Downloaded The dll file from a verified DLL distributing site" is Steam (or however you bought a copy of the game) I would delete that file. DLL download sites are more likely to be a source of viruses. 

The good news is that DLL doesn't even need to be in the release any more. DMT stopped relying on the game's DLL a while ago, I just need to update my code for building a release. 

Next time try leading with a question rather than an accusation because if I were you I'd be feeling quite embarrassed around now but well done for trying to protect people, you just happen to be wrong. 

• 1 month later...

I have a question, I am currently running Starvation Mod Alpha A16.4. Will the DMT Modding Tool allow me to further add more mods like Manux_customvehicles SDX mod for A16.4 to it? The files that come from Starvation mod are already patched with SDX it seems, and there is no Manux_Customvehicles modlet version for A16.4

Its doable but you'd need to manually edit dlls and stitch it all together yourself so you'd need to know your way around c# and modding the game in general. All the mods would need to be compatible with the game version though (or you need to edit them to make them compatible)

7 hours ago, HAL9000 said:

you'd need to manually edit dlls and stitch it all together yourself so you'd need to know your way around c# and modding the game in general

Dang, not my skill set. Thanks for the prompt reply