A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Sorry for all the questions guys but i get some odd spawn behaviour when using this mod...

And that is that wild animals such as bears ,wolves,dire wolves etc are spawning WAY to often . i started four new games and saw 2-4 bears within a 50 meter radius, in that same radius a dire wolf,normal wolf and about 9 NPCs... i dont know if or how this mod is affecting ANIMAL spawns but i read sth about using animal spawns to spawn in NPCs before....

I checked my data folder and looked at the vanilla entity groups file and it said this..

<entitygroup name="EnemyAnimalsForest">

<entity name="invisibleAnimalEnemy" prob="6"/>

<entity name="animalWolf" prob="0.4"/>

<entity name="animalBear" prob="0.05"/>

<entity name="animalDireWolf" prob="0.05"/>

</entitygroup>

That tells me i shouldnt be seeing so many enemy animals in a short radius,so this mod is spawning them in. I already looked in the mod's entity group xml and do not see any reference to enemy animal spawns. is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks

edit : to add to this i should mention i had literally just spawned in on a new game,was collecting fibers to build starting gear when i saw a bear,turned around and was attacked by a dire wolf. Same time i had at least 6 NPCs all around me..its like a battle royal lol

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

Xyth would the mod be compatible with a mod that reduces zombie hit reach? Saw a mention of a mod that does this im just unsure if your NPC mods alter anything already in that regard.

Also just started new game with the update. Its alot better,cheers!

I loaded up the mod this morning, and I did not reproduce your issue. I did notice you renamed some of the folders; that's fine, but I'd suggest updating their ModInfo.xml to reflect the new names.

Here's my mod list:

2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.458 INF [MODS] Start loading
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.458 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackAnimals
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackAnimals (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackFantasy
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackFantasy (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.482 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackHumans
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackHumans (18.4.0.6)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackMechs
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackMechs (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-CreaturePackZombies
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-CreaturePackZombies (18.4.0.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.483 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 0-SphereIICore
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 0-SphereIICore (18.4.1.302)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 10 Slot Toolbelt
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 10 Slot Toolbelt (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.485 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 1-NPCPackHumans
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.486 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: 1-NPCPackHumans (18.4.0.20)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.486 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: Agony
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.491 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Agony (1.0)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.491 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: Blooms Animal Husbandry
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Blooms Animal Husbandry (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII A Better Life
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII A Better Life (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.492 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Music Boxes
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Music Boxes (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.493 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII NPC Dialog Windows
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII NPC Dialog Windows (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Quick Continue
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Quick Continue (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII Take And Replace
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII Take And Replace (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.494 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: SphereII UMA Tweaks
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.495 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: SphereII UMA Tweaks (18.4.1.1)
2020-04-11T07:37:33 12.495 INF [MODS] Initializing mod code

So, it looks like I managed to fix the error. What I did is simply replace the local copy of the mod with that fresh new copy that I downloaded, which brings me back to my post here:

SphereII, it could be this one. I don't know for sure, because I just downloaded it using the link in that thread and for some reason one of the files there is different in size than the file I have in my local copy. The one file that is different in size is called Harmony-10 Slot Toolbelt.pdb, but the version in the ModInfo.xml file is the same. I'm confused.

Apparently replacing my local copy of Harmony-10 Slot Toolbelt.pdb with the default Harmony-10 Slot Toolbelt.pdb did the trick. The question is why was my local copy changed in the first place? So not knowing what's going on behind the scenes in this mod, I would guess this file is changing because it's storing any changes done in those two extra toolbelt slots done by the player which would be normally fine if it didn't store some things that perhaps no longer exist in the game files, perhaps items from mods that were temporarily removed for testing purposes? But there's also another thing that comes to my mind as a possible conflict maker. I actually had to use world editor and I had this 10 Slot Toolbelt loaded during that time. World editor loads certain items into the toolbelt automatically on start, so that could be probably when this file was changed and if these items were unavailable in normal game, that could probably throw some errors, right? Just guessing, giving you ideas, not really knowing how this mod works. I do hope that you can figure out how to fix this problem, because I believe that sometime in the future this could give some other people headaches too.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

The NPC mod does change any zombie hands so you should be ok. Only changes to the vanilla zombie xml is the packs add new target classes so the zombies will attack the NPCs.

Lovely. And speaking of zombie targeting,is there a value i can change somewhere to make them more aggressive to NPCs? Their aggro doesnt seem to be effected by closest enemy to them,they often walk past NPCs in order to get to the player,especially noticable with zombie animals and wildlife.

The zombies target according to thiet AITarget property, targeting left to right. So in vanilla, its: <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" data="class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0"/> The zombiepack adds additional classes to the end of this line, so the player remains the priority target regardless of distance. Only way to change it to seek closest target would be to reduce the zombie sight and hearing range so they only spot the closest target. There may be another codeless way to do it but I am not aware of it.

The zombies target according to thiet AITarget property, targeting left to right. So in vanilla, its: <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" data="class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0"/> The zombiepack adds additional classes to the end of this line, so the player remains the priority target regardless of distance. Only way to change it to seek closest target would be to reduce the zombie sight and hearing range so they only spot the closest target. There may be another codeless way to do it but I am not aware of it.

Thanks Xyth,seems lowering the distance wouldnt be appropriate.

I had another question,sort of off topic entirely but as yourself and Sphereii know this games files like the back of your hand im wondering if its possible to disable night time ambient creepy music.I know the sounds are located in the resources file in 7DTD Data folder,but they are not editable.

Iv spent the best part of a day on the forums and google and looking for mods to disable those creepy music sounds but it seems impossible.But considering how modable this game is i figure its worth a shot asking someone more knowledgable. Trying to get the GF into 7 days but she hates creepy ambient sounds as much as i do lol

Hey Xyth i found another bug with NPC's.

Telling them to wander around here, or stay here,results in them slowly walking to corners of the map. NW and SW ,i had two different(same model NPC-Gupsoldier hunting rifle i think) do this every time i issued them those orders.

At first i was in a house boarded up and told them to wander around here or stay here and noticed them going to corners of the house and trying to walk through the wall,i then told them to follow me,once outside told them to wait hereand wander around here,and they then proceeded to corners of the map.

This is Alpha 18.4 the map was Pregen 01. No other mods running. I dont think this happened a few days ago in testing.

Sphereii is actively working on the AI code so make sure you have the latest version of the 0SphereiiCore when testing. Also this code differs depending on if your using SP or Dedi so please always mention which version you are testing on. Thanks.

Sphereii is actively working on the AI code so make sure you have the latest version of the 0SphereiiCore when testing. Also this code differs depending on if your using SP or Dedi so please always mention which version you are testing on. Thanks.

Oh your spot on , core was out of date i didnt realise because i was having issues opening launcher and didnt see. It was SP il mention it next time i find any issues ,cheers again.

Hey Xyth i updated Sphereii core,launcher says its up to date,and your NPC mods are too. Tested again and still get same behaviour.

Started a new game and still get same behaviour. Told one NPC to wait here,he did for about 30 seconds then started walking slowly SW direction,told the other NPC to wander,he also walked slowly SW. They will walk 10 or 15 paces,stop,then continue in SW direction.

Also observed other NON HIRED NPCs walking that way too.

Its SP,New game,no other mods,pregen world 01. Tested now on multiple NPCs

EDIT i did let the launcher compile the new version of sphereii core with the other modlets.I cant see any other issues on my end,and cant think of other ways to test for the possible problem.

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

I don't have a bug to report, just a question. Would it be possible to make NPCs wake up sleepers too? I noticed while clearing a building that NPCs can walk right by sleepers and they don't wake up until I go near them.

No idea, I'll investigate.

I edited the humanpack xml so NPCs dont show on the map anymore. If you want that feature back, check out the creaturepackhuman entityclasses.xml and remove the comment marks from the compass properties.

I edited the humanpack xml so NPCs dont show on the map anymore. If you want that feature back, check out the creaturepackhuman entityclasses.xml and remove the comment marks from the compass properties.

Honestly, I would leave those marks on the map if they don't cause any performance issues. They are useful for debugging - to find a good balance for spawning and also for gameplay purposes, for example if you wanted to find wandering trader on the map for extra quests etc. I guess it's about personal preference, but you could turn this into an optional feature one day. Here's a quick idea to explain what I mean. Interactable NPCs and traders would have a radio and if you found one or crafted one too, you could automatically get each other's position. Just a little roleplay thing! :)

dknYWPL.jpg

Huh? It is an optional feature. Un-comment these 4 lines if you want it. Leave it alone if you don't.

<!-- <property name="CompassIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_enemy_dot" /> Uncomment these lines if you want to see the NPC name and location on map

<property name="CompassUpIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_enemy_dot_up" />

<property name="CompassDownIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_enemy_dot_down" />

<property name="TrackerIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_run"/> -->

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Yes, but there's no easy way to enable / disable it in game, so what I was trying to suggest is to build a mod around this feature that would allow players to enable and disable it in game any time. The way this could be done is through crafting a walkie-talkie, use it to contact other friendly survivors and reveal their location on the map.

I don't have a bug to report, just a question. Would it be possible to make NPCs wake up sleepers too? I noticed while clearing a building that NPCs can walk right by sleepers and they don't wake up until I go near them.

Are you saying you dont have this bug? When you tell an NPC to "stay here" or "wander around",do they actually obey the command? Is it just me having this issue? Im on the latest version of Sphereii core , NPC dialogue, NPC creature pack humans, and NPC pack. All on SP ,loaded via mod launcher

Are you saying you dont have this bug? When you tell an NPC to "stay here" or "wander around",do they actually obey the command? Is it just me having this issue? Im on the latest version of Sphereii core , NPC dialogue, NPC creature pack humans, and NPC pack. All on SP ,loaded via mod launcher

I just tested it right now as I had yet to actually recruit an NPC before on my map. They do in fact follow commands and do not appear to be trying to go in a particular direction, especially not when told to stay or follow. They do exactly as told. I just tested it in SP, but I assume dedi or MP will be the same.

No idea, I'll investigate.

On the same note with a similar question, would it be possible to make an NPC get into a vehicle with the player? I noticed that while driving the 4x4 that the NPC that was following me would teleport to me then get run over. I don't really want to kill my NPCs lol. I'm just throwing suggestions out there :)