A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

I just tested it right now as I had yet to actually recruit an NPC before on my map. They do in fact follow commands and do not appear to be trying to go in a particular direction, especially not when told to stay or follow. They do exactly as told. I just tested it in SP, but I assume dedi or MP will be the same.

So telling them to stay ,the actually stay in one position and dont move,even after 10-20 seconds? Are you loading the mod through the launcher or DMT viewer?

This is really odd,because im playing it on SP too and i have this issue with everything up to date and no other mods running. Maybe Xyth or Sphereii can confirm if this is an actual issue or if indeed its just on my end.

Yes, when I told an NPC to wait, they did. Then I waited to see if they would wander off and they didn't. I don't use a launcher I just throw all my normal mods in the mod folder and DMT mods I just build then hit play from the viewer.

I did notice however that when leaving the game and coming back in, the hired NPC isn't set to follow you anymore, and mine ran off to the SW a few dozen feet then looked at a building. It was just looking at a sleeper inside the building and was back to normal the moment I killed the Z. Maybe the glitch is a weird pathfinding bug where the NPCs are tracking something but never getting to it?? I have no clue lol

Edited by Bartledoo (see edit history)

Yes, when I told an NPC to wait, they did. Then I waited to see if they would wander off and they didn't. I don't use a launcher I just throw all my normal mods in the mod folder and DMT mods I just build then hit play from the viewer.

I did notice however that when leaving the game and coming back in, the hired NPC isn't set to follow you anymore, and mine ran off to the SW a few dozen feet then looked at a building. It was just looking at a sleeper inside the building and was back to normal the moment I killed the Z. Maybe the glitch is a weird pathfinding bug where the NPCs are tracking something but never getting to it?? I have no clue lol

Just to clarify..after telling them to stay here,are you as the player backing a few feet away from the NPC,like more than 10 feet away,so the NPC is NOT looking at the player? They seem to freeze in place and not move in every situation when a player is in their proximity.Under these conditions they wont move anywhere.

I will have to launch the game again to give you a definitive answer, but when I tested previously I was out of their range that they focus on the player. I then waited for at least a minute and nothing. I already got off for the night though so I will try tomorrow.

I will have to launch the game again to give you a definitive answer, but when I tested previously I was out of their range that they focus on the player. I then waited for at least a minute and nothing. I already got off for the night though so I will try tomorrow.

Ok thank you. The only difference i see is that im using the launcher instead of DMT viewer.

@xyth i tried using DMT viewer to compile mods instead of launcher,incase it was launcher that was casuing issues with the mod,i ran into this error while building

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-CreaturePackHumans/Config/Localization.txt' Row index mismatch on line: 43. Expected 6 but got 7

at LocalisationTable.ReadFromStream(BinaryReader br, String path)

at LocalisationTable.Load(String path)

at DMT.Tasks.LocalisationPatch.PatchTextFile(PatchDat a data, String sourcePath, String destPath, String patchFilePath)

at DMT.Tasks.LocalisationPatch.Patch(PatchData data)

at DMT.PatchData.Patch()

at DMTViewer.Program.Main(String[] args)

process exited with error code -532462766

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

Ok thank you. The only difference i see is that im using the launcher instead of DMT viewer.

@xyth i tried using DMT viewer to compile mods instead of launcher,incase it was launcher that was casuing issues with the mod,i ran into this error while building

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-CreaturePackHumans/Config/Localization.txt' Row index mismatch on line: 43. Expected 6 but got 7

at LocalisationTable.ReadFromStream(BinaryReader br, String path)

at LocalisationTable.Load(String path)

at DMT.Tasks.LocalisationPatch.PatchTextFile(PatchDat a data, String sourcePath, String destPath, String patchFilePath)

at DMT.PatchData.Patch()

process exited with error code -532462766

Try to build it only with DMT mods, then add standard modlets and don't build again, just run the game.

Try to build it only with DMT mods, then add standard modlets and don't build again, just run the game.

i though NPC and creature pack mods were DMT mods. Anyway i tried using only sphereii core ,and got this error.

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at LocalisationTable.AddRow(String[] newColumns, String[] newRow)

at LocalisationTable.Merge(LocalisationTable table)

at DMT.PatchData.Patch()

either way im pretty sure the launcher is building the mods correctly,so the issue of the AI behaviour is most likely something else,i just wanted to bring these errors up.

i though NPC and creature pack mods were DMT mods. Anyway i tried using only sphereii core ,and got this error.

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at LocalisationTable.AddRow(String[] newColumns, String[] newRow)

at LocalisationTable.Merge(LocalisationTable table)

at DMT.PatchData.Patch()

either way im pretty sure the launcher is building the mods correctly,so the issue of the AI behaviour is most likely something else,i just wanted to bring these errors up.

Did you get that error through the 7D2D Mod Launcher? Or through DMT? If through DMT, then update your version of DMT. That issue was fixed many moons ago, as neither the mod launcher or DMT does anything special to the localization, as its handled by the base game.

Did you get that error through the 7D2D Mod Launcher? Or through DMT? If through DMT, then update your version of DMT. That issue was fixed many moons ago, as neither the mod launcher or DMT does anything special to the localization, as its handled by the base game.

ok thanks Sphereii

thats the DMT launcher error.

so you think that the AI issue im having with NPCs walking away is down to an issue with me launching from the launcher? I get the feeling that if i use DMT i will still have that issue...

From what i see Sphereii core was updated 3days ago ,while the NPC mods have been updated more recently. Is that the problem?

I would try again through DMT ,would you be able to link me a version of the newest version of DMT? I only found one and that one you say is outdated.

Thanks again

edit i see version 1.51 on main page

We are still working on the SDX AI Tasks. Just report what you are seeing as it helps us debug. Remember this is a highly complex work in progress. Things that worked will break as new features are added. Then they will be fixed.

On the NPCs in vehicles, its not on the near term list of things to do.

We are still working on the SDX AI Tasks. Just report what you are seeing as it helps us debug. Remember this is a highly complex work in progress. Things that worked will break as new features are added. Then they will be fixed.

On the NPCs in vehicles, its not on the near term list of things to do.

Yeah understandable,i just thought i was the only one with the issue.For example another user commented he had no such issue,im starting to think he was using the previous version of Sphereii core.

Il summarize the issues in detail iv seen to help you fix issues:

1) AI in wander and wait states start walking slowly 10 paces at a time south to south east,never stopping.

2) while in above state they WILL leave that state if player is aggro'd by zombie,and help player

3) while in the 2nd mentioned state,if engaging a zombie,the NPC will stop attacking the zombie after x amount of time(usually 15-25 seconds),even if zombie is still alive(but no longer aggroing player) and continue south direction

4 )NPCs who get too near traders inherit trader voice dialogue

5) NPCs sometimes teleport to player and suddenly die(most noticable on uneven surfaces)

6) enemy animals ignore NPCs

7) teleporting sometimes results in NPCs teleporting in front of player

8) AI NOT teleporting to player if player is upstairs or in a basement(im guessing the way teleport works is based off map coordinates and not actual height distance to player)

9) AI trying to dig through mountains instead of walking up them(not steep) . This is very noticable when observing point number 1.

Other than that you already know that the AI stop following player when player is driving and they aggro a zombie.

Thanks for all the hard work,if you need me to test anything ,im still in quarantine ,so iv a fair amount of time and would like to test or help out.

@sphereii i used DMT to build mods and the newest version did infact work and built fine,thanks for the heads up.

I think I know what #3 is, and might have a fix. #1 is a known issue that almost got fixed but the code change disappeared :-) #2 is working as intended 4 and 5 I have not seen yet, but i have not tested those. #6 will be fixed with faction based targeting, which im working on now. 7 and 8 same as 4 and 5. Never seen an NPC dig. Didnt know they could.

Never seen an NPC dig. Didnt know they could.

I saw it myself and I thought that's not a bug, but a feature lol

By the way, speaking of digging and smashing, I think it's pretty hilarious to see NPCs and non-interactable human survivors smash the unlocked door. Ugh... A BIG DISADVANTAGE of not using DMT for every creature anymore! DMT allowed NPCs to open the door, right? Not sure if it still works at least for NPCs. I saw a survivor who was trying to get into a house, found an unlocked door and started smashing it lol so I came to him and opened the door for him, he ran inside and then I heard his typical "motherf*ckeeeeeeer...", so I knew that he finally met his new friend.. :p

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

I think I know what #3 is, and might have a fix. #1 is a known issue that almost got fixed but the code change disappeared :-) #2 is working as intended 4 and 5 I have not seen yet, but i have not tested those. #6 will be fixed with faction based targeting, which im working on now. 7 and 8 same as 4 and 5. Never seen an NPC dig. Didnt know they could.

# 5 Happened near the traders, #4 did too..i'v dubbed trader areas as the Bermuda triangle of 7days to die when using the mod lol and therefore i have always ventured there solo.

The digging is probably happening with NPCs with certain walk types perhaps? If i recall correctly i saw the NPC called GUPSOLDIER HUNTER(Black dude with shaved head) doing the digging.

And with #2 i know its intended,i just wanted to point out that that behaviour snapped NPC out of issue #1(the SW wander thing)

Thanks Xyth. i stopped using the launcher and switched to DMT viewer because my internets slow and downloading from launcher takes hours. Is there anyway at some point you could add a link to github for creature human pack?The link on the front page isnt working and other than launcher i cant find another place to get an up to date version usually.

I saw it myself and I thought that's not a bug, but a feature lol

By the way, speaking of digging and smashing, I think it's pretty hilarious to see NPCs and non-interactable human survivors smash the unlocked door. Ugh... A BIG DISADVANTAGE of not using DMT for every creature anymore! DMT allowed NPCs to open the door, right? Not sure if it still works at least for NPCs. I saw a survivor who was trying to get into a house, found an unlocked door and started smashing it lol so I came to him and opened the door for him, he ran inside and then I heard his typical "motherf*ckeeeeeeer...", so I knew that he finally met his new friend.. :p

I kind of like that they do not smash blocks anymore.I remember in previous iterations of the mod i had to edit the NPC block damage to 0 because anytime zombies where outside my base,NPCs inside would hammer my walls down to get them,was really annoying.

I kind of like that they do not smash blocks anymore.I remember in previous iterations of the mod i had to edit the NPC block damage to 0 because anytime zombies where outside my base,NPCs inside would hammer my walls down to get them,was really annoying.

I wish they would take out a sledge hammer / pick axe / axe and hit the blocks with it if there's no door. If there is door, they should open it if it's unlocked, if it's locked they should smash it open. The only exceptions should be bases owned by their allies and trader's area (it's pointless there anyway).

Can you explain #4 more? Does the NPC inherit the trader dialog or voice or both? Does it block/replace the NPC dialog window? I cant test for at least another day, so more infor would help.

In my testing it only adds the voice of trader to NPC. "Howdy partner" etc The dialogue window for both NPC and trader remain fine to each respective NPC BUT sometimes while in traders menu,and if an NPC is nearby(30-40 meter radius),the trader NPC will just vanish,disappear on the spot.After exiting the trader menu,and looking at where the trader was standing,theres no option to interact.

This vanshing act i only ever observed once in a previous build months ago though,lately i can't reproduce it.

1)Trader seeminly respawned after a few days

2)NPC kept VOICE after a game restart

3)Also happening with wandering traders(voice issue)

In the past i had managed to avoid the issue entirely by telling my NPCs to wait at least 50 meters away from a trader compound and i never had issues by doing that.

The trader issues in general are known issues in vanilla, and thats the reason why vanilla bandits cant go near trading posts without an error. We can likely work around these NPC issues but like you said its not likely a priority issue to fix. Good info though!

Pushed a small patch to add default factions to all NPCs since factions do not extend.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

The trader issues in general are known issues in vanilla, and thats the reason why vanilla bandits cant go near trading posts without an error. We can likely work around these NPC issues but like you said its not likely a priority issue to fix. Good info though!

Pushed a small patch to add default factions to all NPCs since factions do not extend.

Thanks Xyth. Updated along with Sphereii's core file and things are running great.

I had a chance to have a good play session tonight,every things running really well,but i had one issue i just wanted to report..

Im not sure if its intentional,but i doubt it was supposed to be...NPC's are able to open doors the player makes and that the player locks.

Fairly sure it wasnt like that in previous iterations of the mod.

Tested in SP