So which attribute do you end up maxing first?

Deadalready

So a good leveling system would allow dozens of variations, if not hundreds of viable builds, but obviously in A17 we have Perception/Strength/Fortitude/Agility/Intelligence/Charisma and I'm not convinced they're weighted the same.

The biggies to me seem to be Intelligence because crafting is hard capped to your intelligence because of the early game I feel like most will max Strength but I'm curious are there variations out there?

~

So for me I think I maxed Intelligence first with Charisma second, purely because I'm having problems with getting money in 17.2 and liked the better quest rewards. Agility seems to be almost useless due to how POIs have their scripts tied to player location.

I have tried maxing out only str or only perception, it worked out actually surprisingly well. I felt that I ended up being stronger then if I had put points into int. The big downer is having no vehicles, but if you settle next to a town it's manageable. I think even going hard into stealth (agility) would work out really good too as your damage in stealth would be 1 shotting almost everything, and you lose aggro easily.

Imo, alpha 16 wasn't nearly as replayable to me, cause you just always ended up playing the same way, but I know a lot of people don't agree with this so *shrugs*. The perk choices were fun in 17 imo, but yes some work is needed on them, and the pimps know this.

I have maxed out Intelligence (10) first, and I have been bringing all the other stats up pretty evenly. I will say i think i worked on both perception(7) and strength(7) pretty evenly and have left fortitude(6), charisma(5) and agility(5) as the last ones. I have no issues with dukes, I have over 220,000 in a safe in my base.

Depends on what you mean by 'max.' Technically, I never max any attribute but I go for intel first and then strength.

I don't actually max them because intel is not necessary in a general sense - only in very specific times. I raise intel to 9 and then use books to finish off the last point during a sell run with the trader or when I need to craft my armor/gyro. Str only needs to go to 9 because of the cigar - that finished that stat off.

Then comes fort and per as filler. I REALLY want to play stealth but agility is just utter garbage other than 2 perks so i almost never get agility past 3.

I have never maxed them, but played different games with very different build. I would say that most are viable, but that the int build is the weakest and less fun.

- Solo, full int was very viable.

- But on a 3 player game, with 1 person and a half investing much in int, we are not really able to cop with radiated on week 3+, not during BM nor regular encounters. Our damage were just too low, despite having top quality weapons and mods.

- The funniest game was a 2 player game with 0 point into int. It was great : relying on loot is much funnier than crafting everything, and not having vehicle for a along time is also cool (more eggs, more night battles), and we finally dropped 2 bicycles on week 3.

Fighting is funnier with more skills, and molotov are OP so that int does not actually brings you much once you have dropped/bought everything. It also allows you to play more nomadic rather than camping at your forge.

My main one is Intellect to get my crafting quality up. I also like the pack mule one for obvious reasons.

I have been wondering lately if it is in my best interest to get slow metabolism up early as my food and water are tied to my stamina.

I always seem to be low on it early game.

My main one is Intellect to get my crafting quality up. I also like the pack mule one for obvious reasons.

I have been wondering lately if it is in my best interest to get slow metabolism up early as my food and water are tied to my stamina.

I always seem to be low on it early game.

I've restarted a few times and early Fortitude boosts are a great idea. Pain Tolerance, Healing Factor and Slow Metabolism make a big difference early game.

Archived