Ideas how to incraise interest exploring, and use weapons of bad quality

nickicool

First of all, I want to say that 7 days is already one of the best sandbox games in the post-Apocalypse world! I started playing it with version A17, and I hope that it will become even more interesting. One of the most important aspects of the game I think the search for boxes of weapons. Every house in the game is another mystery and anticipation - what I will find here! And, unfortunately, very quickly lose the enthusiasm from finding another weapon.

The reason is simple - after a few hours of playing (4-6 hours) all that I need, I can do myself, or already found. Having learned the skill "Science" I myself can create weapons of better quality than I can find. In end - all weapons, which I can find (usually the case 1 or 2 level quality) becomes useless. I think finding ANY weapon should be a pleasant experience. We're playing post-Apocalypse! We're survivors! In such conditions, of finding any weapon should cause interest. But now all found weapons are perceived as garbage, which is easier to do scraping. Because this weapon is not profitable to sell (it has a 1 - 2nd level), and most importantly - I can do better. In other words , I don't have to look for anything.

My proposals on this about:

1. If now scrap any weapon, then we get several mechanical parts. They can be obtained from other items, and find these items easier and more. It would be better if all the weapons for scraps on the unique weapons of the "weapons parts".
  2. And Yes, weapon repair should require "weapons parts" - not just mechanical parts. If you do so, it is important to find any weapon in the game - it can be scraped into "weapons parts" to repair/create weapons.
  3. Now we can use almost the broken gun from new it is no different (it does not jam, does not overheat). I believe that the weapons need to follow - often to repair or clean. To repair weapons need "weapons parts", which get scraping unnecessary weapons.
  4. Another point - that the player can not create weapons himself - only to find or buy. Then also rises the motivation to explore the world.
  5. Another option is to reduce the range of the trader that he did not sell weapons of good quality - only low levels of quality

The main thought - weapon parts. They cannot be obtained by scraping a car or a refrigerator. You need to look for a weapon, any weapon!

Another option - more unique weapons that can neither create nor buy. But it will only raise interest in exploring the world and finding loot. The problem of finding weapons of poor quality is not solved - it will still be garbage, and nothing more.

And for the next moments, you can make separate options on the start screen of a new game:

• Player can create weapons (Yes / no)
  • Trader can sell weapons (any quality / only bad / no)
  • Weapon wear rate

First of all, I want to say that 7 days is already one of the best sandbox games in the post-Apocalypse world! I started playing it with version A17, and I hope that it will become even more interesting.

Agreed!

...in before the same bitter dozen old-timers tell you how wrong you are for enjoying A17

I'm sorry, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I know the game is still in development and the developers are listening to the players ' opinion - it's early access. So I made my suggestions to change the gameplay.:smile-new:

Developers are reading this thread of the forum?

Pfff back in my day weapons didn't grow on trees and the game was a real survival everything sucks now

Seriously though, it is as the OP says, the game is all over the place when it comes to balance/tuning. Many mechanics/gameloops work against others or become irrelevant too fast like the OP described with weapons. Hopefully, prior to release, they will dedicate a good bit of time taking a deep look at the game and making sure most activities are meaningful and rewarding in the long-term.

As an old timer (Game wise) I still enjoy every new update and I will continue to enjoy the direction TFP are headed with the game. I am fairly certain that the Devs want to feature finish the game before they start adding a bunch of settings to the game for certain things that I can't think of off the top of my head. If weapon degradation is an issue for you, just remember that higher tier weapons have higher durability and mod slots!

I'm sorry, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I know the game is still in development and the developers are listening to the players ' opinion - it's early access. So I made my suggestions to change the gameplay.:smile-new:

Developers are reading this thread of the forum?

Nothing wrong with your post. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

I'm sorry, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Try some Alpha 14/15 or earlier and you will.

I know the game is still in development and the developers are listening to the players ' opinion - it's early access.

The "It's early access" is getting really old.... It's been more than a few years. Check it out and get back if you think that amount of time is OK for early access.

So I made my suggestions to change the gameplay.:smile-new:
Thats cool, it's great that this forum gets opinions on how to make the game better.

IDevelopers are reading this thread of the forum?

Wouldm't bet on that.

Archived